Posts by NeroJinous

it was made by people who don't know English. The proper term is million. We go K for 1,000 and M of 1,000,000 but for some reason people who don't know English decided to make their own terms.

Actually this is just untrue, see DOTA 2. There is 0 content in which you would have to pay or no life grind to obtain or get by through a paywall (Cough League of Legends, Cough battlefront 2 cough). You get the game, you will have access to all heroes, items, and talents. No charge, no bullshit, no fking "sense of pride and accomplishment" crap, and the only thing that is locked from the start is ranked, to prevent grieving, smurfing, account selling, ect. And the only things you need to pay for is cosmetics or the battlepasses

LoL is actually pay to win. When a new hero is released it is not balanced then when the hero is made available to all(not buying players) it is balanced. Players can abuse buying new hero during releases to get an advantage.

Yeah okay but that doesn't really matter because the main topic of this thread is brown boxes & Boss event

We already talked about it. The boss boxes are not meant to be purchased. They are designed to be a price ceiling that traded boxes can't cross. Now is that ceiling too high? Yes. Does it matter? Not really because if inflation really got that bad you have bigger problems. Boxes as a drop even part of boss mob loot tables( must be within 2 or 3 levels of you to drop( would be better ways to distribute boxes to free to play users. NPC vendors should be avoided since like I said before create ceilings. Ceilings are safety valves not primary lines you should be interacting with.

I'd love to see you make a free to play mmo with no source of revenue. Yes you can do it, but it will die once you can't afford to pay upkeep. Tell me what is your amazing plan to make free to play games work that no developer has come up with, but apparently you know?

There are no f2p player at all that have a cowboy dogi or fairy wings. also it seem you just made your account like 2 day ago and your hard defending wagu machine/ trying to get feedback on a broken system that countless member of this community have given multiple solution to fix I think Iceman made an thread with a decent amount of suggestions and replies on how f2p can get their hands on brown boxes:/ and btw boss event still give 1 brown for 4 gold coins and 10kk zeni, that the reason why I made this thread.

I actually played dbo back in 2009 Korean CBT. There are probably still videos. I'm technically the wiki admin, but stopped after not playing DBO and made accounts for many non-Korean to play DBO. My forum account is new, but I played DBO before many here have.

you could just disconnect players that stay AFK for 60 minutes or more for **** sake, anyways players can use macros or some software to move their characters around the map and that counts as playing, is a stupid decision the way this was approached

How are tokens nerfed? You are getting tokens by playing. It is only a "nerf" if you were one of the people afking to farm them. I agree people can use macros to get around afk detection. Botters would still get them if you made it kill based. Chat based would just cause spam and macros. So instead you want everyone to afk for free items to make things "fair" not sure how that helps the game.

the chance of getting brown box from wagu machine are low so it wouldn't devalue wagu at all. The staff can rotate the unreleased dogi in wagu machine so the value can stay afloat with wagu coins.

That Isn't how slot machines work. If the only "win" is the jackpot and every other outcome is - value you actually discourage rolling on the wagu. You need some high, medium, and low wins to make slots desirable. The less desirable the wagu the less rolls. The less rolls the fewer times the wagu turns over(less jackpots) less jackpots means inflated jackpot prices. A f2p player who can afford a cowboy dogi or fairy wing now would not be able to afford it in your system. Everything you do impacts other items. That is the interesting thing about economics. You can't just look at one item in a vacuum. There is a delicate balance.

A more viable option to get brown boxes would actually help the economy. This is because it would keep the prices of them low and right now they're just going up in price and will continue to go up. About botters, the brown boxes from boss event and the silver/gold coins bind, so this means you cant sell them. Now the botter could use them on equips but if he ever gets banned he will lose all coins/brown boxes and theres only one server and a couple channels so they're easy to spot. Not to mention over the hours I spent farming this whole week I only got 23 silver coins, meaning the main viable source of gold coins is the daily quest, meaning botting for brown boxes would suck unless you had 30 bots which again would be easy to find and ban.

Thanks for the reply. What method do you recommend for obtaining them? NPC? Drops? Timed Events? Also would you change the cash option for boxes with this? Remember the easier you make an item to get outside of the cash shop the less appealing the purchase is to a cash shopper. If boxes were too common or easy to obtain outside then the box roll on the wagu machine would feel as bad as the common dogi. You would see decreased wagu coin purchases since the machine has less "value" rolls. I appreciate you discussing with us. It is a step toward understanding and implementing a sustainable system that the majority are happy with.

Sorry for the Double post, but I should probably explain with examples what is wrong here. There are complaints, and constructive criticism. No one here is trying to say your problems aren't real, but a bunch of empty complaints just makes a sea of voices with no solution. Here is an example:

Jack, Bill, and Ryan all have the same commute to work. Jack screams "This drive is the worst. The roads are terrible, and there is always traffic!" Jack is complaining. There is a legitimate problem, but he provides no solution. He is only venting to make himself feel better. Bill going down the same road screams"How can these roads be so bad? It takes forever to get anywhere. Why don't they just build a new road?!" This isn't actually constructive criticism. Although a new road is a solution he provides no way of building or paying for this road. It is an empty gesture to mask complaining and appear better than Jack. Ryan drives down the road and screams" Wow! This road is a piece of shit. They could probably build a toll road over the next few years to reduce traffic and maintain the road." This is constructive criticism. Ryan identifies the problem and proposes a sustainable solution.

I have heard the solution of only making the cash shop vanity items and a few things like exp scrolls or auto pots. Can any of you tell me a free to play game with this model? PUBG, Overwatch, and the like are actually buy to play games, so have other sources of revenue. Games like elsword and closer online clothes have stats, so are not vanity. I'm curious how many actual free to play games use a vanity only shop successfully for those who made the suggestion.

still waiting for yall to post constructive fixes to the economy instead of just empty complaining from your chairs. It is easy to complain and not give valid ways to fix the system. Do you really want it changed or do yall just like hearing yourselves talk? Ladi gave some thoughts and actually tried to participate in the conversation. I gave some suggestions to reduce the gap. Can yall put a little more effort in explaining what you want and explain how what you want is a sustainable system? Saying what you want isn't enough(ex: giving everyone everything for free isn't a sustainable system even if people want it. Just look at real life. Those systems don't work when tried) also what is this side donation talk? Everyone knows it isn't a donation. We are adults. Why even waste time with side arguments like that when there are legitimate discussions to be had?

Essentially, talking about the game design in regards to it's natural structure.

Don' forget DBO was never designed for an international audience. +15, fails breaking items, super rng stats are acceptable grinding in Korea. I'd even argue the exp curve past level 40 is too high for the average USA audience. Mmos in the usa use the story to level you to late game then you do end game content. There are parts of DBO above level 40 where it turns into a grind.

Can you please enlarge the ''excuse'' part,sorry but my small brain doesnt help me,in other words,i didnt get it,thanks

The % of your cash a publisher gets is actually really small and they have to recover upfront cost along with paying upkeep, staff, marketing, etc. While also meeting developer profit demands. I was responding to why other games seem so pay hungry.

although danos doesn't have this excuse it is still something to consider when playing a game game with a different developer and publisher(like dbo original was) Bandai of Korea owned the rights to dbo. In order for a publish to support a version of dbo they had to provide upfront money + royalties( I actually negotiated with them for 2 games, but couldn't afford the upfront payment) games had to make enough money to pay for servers, staff, give bandi a chunk they are happy with and still turn a profit. Publishers are not as greedy as you think. There are a lot of cost recovery in publishing a game and if the developer isn't happy with their share doesn't matter if you are making enough for your side to stay afloat.

Thanks for the reply. Although it is called a donation I personally don't consider it one. The people giving money are doing it for their benefit(cash shop money) not out of the kindness of their heart. As for cashers eventually running out of items to buy the best way would be to add more replayability. Currently you pick a build get perfect stats for the build and if you want to try something else you make a new character. I'd prefer a free skill reset any time system maybe even saved loadouts. People would try multiple builds and try to get gear for all their build types for that character. Obviously there would be some gear overlaps, but enough variety to encourage getting new items.

Doubting other multitudes of feedback from capped level players regarding the issue, when they themselves are playing the game. Obscuring the fact that intuition detects issue before the intellectual mind can fathom it. You must be a great designer, discarding any form of feedback and challenging your customer to actually make a detailed analysis on the issue, when you are the person accountable for the project. Collecting data, which the developer has the access to. And he is the only one able to determine the success of the server based on the monthly statistical behavioural patterns of players. The only downfall i see is that cash player's (sigmund feud's) ego is wounded that now that things are farmable, and they will no longer be special which in turns lead them to quitting the game as they feel inferior to others. As some players reasons for playing this game is that they have no recognizable skilld to thrive in other environments so to "procure" their feeling of satisfaction through gaining advantages by means of irl currency.

There is a difference between cashing and being a whale. Yes the 1% cashers does it for superiority, but the average casher does it for convenience. Most dbo items are pay for convenience. If you want to make dbo less p2w it easiest way is to reduce the max item +. 15 is extremely hard to reach without cash and the stat difference in +ing is significant. Reducing to +12 or 13 would make the playing field closer and make the shop feel more like convenience than advantage.

sorry for posted again, but this deserves its own post. The boss box is 100% a bad deal, but that is a good thing. NPC items in an economy make a price ceiling. When inflation does come cashers will start selling boxes for more and more, but they will never be able to sell for higher than NPC merchants. That bad deal boss price actually protects you from hyper inflated box prices while also being high enough that it gives the economy room to set reasonable prices. Low ceilings are bad because they don't allow for any market adjustment or inflation.

Since youre also protecting your ideology, it shouldnt be too adverse to request a detailed analysis from you, correct? As you are so sure that your non sequitur design here feigns to be more successful and fruitful for the server.

Yes I could write one, but I'm not the one trying to fix the system although I 100% believe the current system is bad and I actually agree Brown boxes are bad for the economy. It actually makes cashers trade less with non-cashers since they can turn 1 piece of shit gear into good gear instead if trading for the good gear. That being said I have no reason to improve the economy. I don't make money off DBO and if it dies I have other games to play. Yall seem passionate about DBO, so if you want it to stay around maybe you should give constructive well thought out suggestions instead of just half baked desires. I'm just curious how many of you have actually done the calculates before you make demands on the forums.

bots cant grind low level areas. Do you think even if it was implemented, Daneos wont set a quota? Are you that naive?

Most people hate fatigue systems and a quota is just a disguised fatigue system. I personally have no problems with them, but don't recommend using them unless you have no better way to control item/money faucets. Feifei and anyone else who supports a grind based system I'd like you all to participate in a game design exercise with me. List every zenni sink and every zenni faucet your ideal dbo would have. Calculate the growth rate and inflation. Then simulate how long it would take for your ideal economy to bust. It is easy for us to all demand this and that when we are not the ones in charge of making all the systems work. If you really want to help make the system better write an entire economic design document. I'm confident most of your models would fail(economy busts) faster than you think. And if the system you want isn't sustainable why would you suggest it?

As someone who has worked on many games before and played games for my entire life I've never understood why people hate a cash shop based economy. We are all adults or at least teens here and I'm sure we all understand nothing in life is free. Games need to cover upkeep cost. I'm interested in hearing what system you would implement to cover upkeep cost.

Based on this thread people think grinding should be the way to earn everything. Do you guys understand that just makes bots king of the economy? No human will ever be better than bots at grinding, so pick your poison. Do you want cash shop to control the economy(at least they pay server cost for you and trade for your zenni) or do you want who can grind the best?( bots rule economy, put extra stress on servers, and don't pay upkeep cost) because I'll tell you right now there is no economic system where a normal player is on top. You can blame cash all you want, but the alternative is worse than you think.