Posts by Ebon

The easiest way to solve this problem but we still have a problem with this solution. We have only a small playerbase so on both servers people will get bored with playing / competing with only a small amount of players. MMORPG = Massively multiplayer online role playing game, the reason why mmorpgs are so fun is because of the "massively multplayer" part (At least that's what I think).

Indeed, but that's something Daneos needs to regain by putting out proper updates back to back, many players have lost faith and quit the game but they are always around the corner waiting for that good revamp. That reeeeeeally good revamp, lol

It'll take time and dedication to get a nice playerbase again. First impression matters, a lot, and right now a new player would walk in and walk right out after realising he's leveling right next to a chinese bot.

Right now we have two types of players pulling each end of the rope, those who want things fast and easy, and those who prefer to grind their way up. It might sound like a bold statement but its impossible to please everyone, I'd go ahead and say make a high rate server and a low rate server, have players run around +15 on the high rate server, while only the luckiest will stand out on the low rate one.

Now this can go two different ways, people who like the grind will grow fed up of the RNGsus and jump on the high rate server, or people who want it easy will eventually realize how boring it is to be one in a thousand with full +15 sets and bounce to the low rate server.

Separate the potatoes from the clods, people will complain a lot less, trust me this.

40% increase droprate sounds crazy and alot of exp bonus events.

But what I really like is the idea with guild tournament (probably bad right now because we don't have enough active guilds) and 2 vs 2 tournaments.

2 vs 2 budo sound pretty fun.

Right, toned it down to 20% but wanted to keep it there as it is the Christmas season, removed drop rate buff from the Summer event. About the EXP buffs, was thinking on removing them on the small events but keeping it on the Winter and Summer ones, would give new players and alts a nice boost.

Assuming we'll have the "big" patch successfully implemented by this fall and hopefully LVL 70 cap along with it I made a list of common events that I think the staff should work on for the upcoming year. The way I set it up is just so we can have one 1 big event followed by 2 small events every 6 months. These would require patching for the most part.

Event contents are open for suggestions and/or discussion. So without further ado:

DBOG Winter Event 2018 (big)
    Date: From December 6th 2018 until February 7th 2019
    Duration: 2 months
    Event Content

Ingame:

• +50% EXP Boost.
    • +20% Drop Rates.
    • Event mobs spawned on cold areas (Penguins?) - Mobs could drop a special Item that could be traded to an event NPC for rewards.
    • Guild Winter Tournament: Much like the Dojo War except there will be a tournament bracket. Guilds should meet certain requirements such as having a specific amount of players above LVL60 in the guild roster in order to participate. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place could be rewarded with a decent amount of style points. 1st place Guild could be featured on the official server website until next Guild Tournament.
    • Snow on starter cities (Porunga, Beh, Kokkara) Korin Village, and West City.
    • Winter Themed Ranked Battle Arena.
    • Special Shenron Winter Wish. (suggestions?)

Forum:

• Themed Screenshot Event (Winter/Christmas). Winners could be rewarded with a special forum title.
    • Themed Video Event (Winter/Christmas). Winners could be rewarded with a special forum title.
    • Mod Contest. Themed Costume (Winter/Christmas). Winners could have their files officially released ingame, and a special forum title could be attributed.

DBOG Valentine's Day Event (small)
    Date: From February 14th until February 28th
    Duration: 2 weeks
    Event Content

Ingame:

• 2v2 Tournament. These would be hosted twice (once per week). Winners could receive a theme related costume and/or title.

Forum:

• Themed Screenshot Event (Valentines). Winners could be rewarded with a special forum title.
    • Themed Video Event (Valentines). Winners could be rewarded with a special forum title.
    • Mod Contest. Themed Costume (Valentines). Winners could have their files officially released ingame, and a special forum title could be attributed.

DBOG Easter Event (small)
    Date: From March 28 until April 11th
    Event Content

Ingame:

• Event mobs spawned on grassy areas (Bunnies?) - Mobs could drop a special Item that could be traded with an event NPC for rewards.
    • Hide & Seek Events according to staff availability.

Forum:

• Themed Screenshot Event (Easter). Winners could be rewarded with a special forum title.
    • Themed Video Event (Easter). Winners could be rewarded with a special forum title.
    • Mod Contest. Themed Costume (Easter). Winners could have their files officially released ingame, and a special forum title could be attributed.

DBOG Summer Event 2019 (big)
    Date: From June 27th until August 30th

Event Content

Ingame:

• +50% EXP Boost.
    • Event mobs spawned on hot areas (Turtles?) - Mobs could drop a special Item that could be traded with an event NPC for rewards.
    • Guild Summer Tournament: Much like the Dojo War except there will be a tournament bracket. Guilds should meet certain requirements such as having a specific amount of players above LVL60 in the guild roster in order to participate. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place could be rewarded with a decent amount of style points. 1st place Guild could be featured on the official server website until next Guild Tournament.
    • Summer Themed Ranked Battle Arena. (Summer)
    • Special Shenron Summer Wish. (suggestions?)

Forum:

• Themed Screenshot Event (Summer). Winners could be rewarded with a special forum title.
    • Themed Video Event (Summer). Winners could be rewarded with a special forum title.
    • Mod Contest. Themed Costume (Summer). Winners could have their files officially released ingame, and a special forum title could be attributed.

DBOG Halloween Event (small)

Date: From October 17th until October 31st

Event Content

Ingame:

• Event mobs spawned on dark areas (Ghosts?) - Mobs could drop a special Item that could be traded with an event NPC for rewards.
    • Hide & Seek Events according to staff availability.
    • Halloween Themed Ranked Battle Arena.

Forum:

• Themed Screenshot Event (Halloween). Winners could be rewarded with a special forum title.
    • Themed Video Event (Halloween). Winners could be rewarded with a special forum title.
    • Mod Contest. Themed Costume (Halloween). Winners could have their files officially released ingame, and a special forum title could be attributed.

DBOG Thanksgiving Event (small)

Date: From November 21st until December 5th
    Event Content

Ingame:

• Event mobs spawned on green areas (Turkeys?) - Mobs could drop a special Item that could be traded with an event NPC for rewards.

Forum:

• Themed Screenshot Event (Thanksgiving). Winners could be rewarded with a special forum title.
    • Themed Video Event (Thanksgiving). Winners could be rewarded with a special forum title.
    • Mod Contest. Themed Costume (Thanksgiving). Winners could have their files officially released ingame, and a special forum title could be attributed.

------------------------------------------ loop

DBOG Winter Event 2019 (big)
    Date: From December 12th 2019 until February 7th 2020

Event Content

Ingame:

• +50% EXP Boost.
    • +20% Drop Rates.
    • Event mobs spawned on cold areas (Penguins?) - Mobs could drop a special Item that could be traded to an event NPC for rewards.
    • Guild Winter Tournament: Much like the Dojo War except there will be a tournament bracket. Guilds should meet certain requirements such as having a specific amount of players above LVL60 in the guild roster in order to participate. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place could be rewarded with a decent amount of style points. 1st place Guild could be featured on the official server website until next Guild Tournament.
    • Snow on Starter Cities, Kokkara Village, and West City.
    • Winter Themed Ranked Battle Arena.
    • Special Shenron Winter Wish. (suggestions?)

Forum:

• Themed Screenshot Event (Winter/Christmas). Winners could be rewarded with a special forum title.
    • Themed Video Event (Winter/Christmas). Winners could be rewarded with a special forum title.
    • Mod Contest. Themed Costume (Winter/Christmas). Winners could have their files officially released ingame, and a special forum title could be attributed.

Notes:
    I've already set the dates so they land on a Thursday (maintenance/patch day).
    We could go deeper as in which titles names should be made for instance.
    Hopefully Daneos provides the necessary tools/cmds for the staff to host these, mad patching will be necessary but once done the 1st year it'll just be rinse and repeat.
    Events will obviously be a lot more fun if root game issues are fixed beforehand, including better balancing of all the classes.

I'm one of the guys that want a wipe but only after alot of changes. The things that I mentioned are just a small part of it.

But I'm not someone who insists that we should have a wipe. I don't really care what gear other people have I just want to have fun again in this game.

I understand, I mentioned it because it would be extremely unappealing for starting and mid-game players. Without a wipe, players already running around with full +15 sets, brown boxes, and upgrade stones would exploit the market and only get wealthier at this point, completely destroying any chance for new and mid-game players to catch up.

These changes without a wipe will only favor end-game players and non-legit farmers, would not want to see it implemented at this point. Honestly many issues won't get solved without a fresh start, but these guys need to make sure that if they wipe the server for the 3rd time they actually do it right, and not f*** it up somewhere among the updates, again. We really can't keep wiping the server every time bad decisions are made.

Some bright suggestions in this thread really deserve to have their own particular topics, its already getting hard weeding out the good posts among so much bullshit. Certain individuals should simply not give their input about anything, ever.

Could start by making an official thread about each class' balance discussion and have them pinned.

Yes Rank Battle is only available on channel 0. This system was put in place in order to counter Mudosa Farmers. Because now they can not fight themselves as there is usually always many others registering. Despite Muodsa Farming being illegal some people still risked being banned.

As good as the semi-solution might had sound back then, this change is also causing a lot of frustration for legit PvPers, mudosa trading players will simply cancel the match if they see their alt didnt get promted to join the battle, often bugging who teleport in and most importantly wasting their time and patience.

Players that cancel registration or go AFK after being prompted to teleport should get a fair cooldown before they are able to register again.

some ppl still try it with 2v2 , coz not many ppl do 2v2.

Just look at rankings, you can sometimes see just see 2 people (useally from same guild) with simelar wins/scores.

Because a 150 win streak is completely regular you know, Poko Priests should get nerfed!

Jokes aside I've always wondered how these mudosa alt farmers stay on top of the ranking for so long. I remember Hardlock used to check on those (once every full moon lol, but still he did run a clean).

Im not only one who hate stun,i mean its useful in pve and SOMETIMES in pvp but using it every time just to get win?Not funny where is skill?Because of that shit you need no skill

I think its the other way around, stun in PVE is nearly useless. A melee class witouth a stun will barely hit shit against a ranged/kiting class who can probably use slow/sleep etc to their advantage.

It's easy to complain when you only see things from your specific class' perspective. Seeing how biased this thread is it will most likely not serve as a resource to balance things out.

rank = first stun/better ms/good luck is win. There is no skill in this game just timing.

Well obviously having a better connection would give you advantage in any PVP game. Although I do agree the high RNG dependency is one of the factors that makes PVP unpredictable and skill-less, but if you lack skill or rather knowledge of which skills to use against each class and on each specific situation it will definitely make things harder on your end. Of course a few overpowered classes can just spam the same rotations against every other class regardless and still be effective.

I'd say pvp is:
    40% proc/rng dependant
    40% gear/equipment dependant
    10% ping/ms dependant
    10% skill/knowledge dependant

Back on topic the stun per se is not the problem, but rather the range in which they can be casted. For instances the ability to use stuns from the ranked battle spawn points, giving them an instant stun right off the bat.

I'm not sure where you're trying to get at. You don't do holidays ? PARADISE has more than 1 leader, others can replace me just fine while I'm off. That was never the issue.

Just stating the obvious not getting confrontational, inactivity causes a chain reaction but you already know that. I am just worried Daneos will lose all his financial support.

Good luck, enjoy your holidays!

Quote from mussolini

This group will be called GOODFELLAS, and it’ll be lead by admins from both guilds.

Quote from mussolini

As for me, I’ve been away for more than a month now, and it’ll remain that way

If a leader is "away" how do you expect the rest of the roster to stay active? This looks like it wont last unless you pass the torch.

That's not the place where you'd want to show your skill, ranked battles are a much viable option for that purpose. The plat is rather a place for guilds and alliances to measure each other's salami.

Plat/Tatami tips for a better experience:
    1 - Try to make more friends than foes
    2 - Join a PvP-active guild
    3 - Ignore chat

LVL 49-51 Mushroom Rock South (Red Map):
    Quests there don't give as much exp as the previous maps you've been questing on for sure. Start off questing south of Moon Hill.

LVL 51-54 Fearland:
    In the Docks south-east of Mushroom Rock South there is an NPC that will grant you access to Fearland, an island with plenty of quests that will boost you to level 54. If you have trouble finding the ferry NPC you can always try asking in chat if someone is willing to teleport you there.

LVL 55 Mushroom Rock South (Again):
    Just Finish the quests you left there on the south area of the map.

LVL 56-60 Porunga Rocks South (Blue Map):
    North-east of the map you will trigger the 1st couple of quests there, this is by far the most rewarding area to level through questing prior to Papaya Island.

With a bit of devotion you can completely bypass UD3, enjoy the content!