Posts by BlazingBarrager

Definitely useful skill. Some bosses and mobs have those "casting" attacks that are able to stun you, or wound you in some way, whatever, you know what I mean, so Guard is useful in those moments. It is not something that you are going to be spamming like crazy, but if you master it, it makes a difference. For example: As a Martial Artist, after you use a skill, there is a blank moment before the character starts auto-attacking, so it is a good thing to use Guard meanwhile.

But yeah, above all, Guard can be not used at all at the beginning. It must be used in some TMQ and situations if you don't want to die tho. I can remember wipes because people not using Guard.

About SP 3. No idea, never tryed it myself.

Definitely. UD2 is a good example on my part, because I always Guard while it charges. The Counter Attack is also a good skill to have as a KD effect.

Hmm...I could possibly test it once TLQs become playable. 2 SP to max the skill isn't a big deal after all.

Is the Guard skill you earn in TLQ9 useful at all? Obviously everyone keeps it at 1, but I don't know if it becomes more useful as you put in more SP? I mean having an effective way to defend yourself when your dodge stat is low would be useful for some classes, but exactly how effective is it at 3 SP?

I just have one question on the hybrid build why scatter shot 3/5 and Turtle Rod Impale 3/5?

is not better 1/5 scatter shot and Turtle rod impale 5/5 ?

is good the extra damage on scatter shot?

Nevermind Roli beat me to it. XD

BlazingBarrager: "so as we all know there are some dogis that are either event-exclusive or super, f**king expensive to craft"
    --> we don't.
    At least, I didn't ! :P How does it work ? Is there a thread about crafting dogis ?

I'm referring to the WP dogis, which required you to earn Wagu Points (via cashing), getting the recipes for the dogi and its materials (via cashing), and getting the materials to craft the dogi (via cashing or, if you're lucky, AH).

but ssj does need a buff... reduce the drain...maybe make the ep drain like kaiokens? without the lp drain though. idk

SSJ and Pure Majin (don't know about Great Namek) also need an attack power boost as Kaio-Ken at 3 SP outclasses those two transformations in terms of raw power.

I figured I'd bring this thread back up now that more skills got fixed and we had a longer time to test out different builds and such. As the title says, this is a balancing suggestion thread meant for people to converse about possible buffs, nerfs, etc for all the classes in the game. Note that this thread isn't meant to be an argument so please keep things civil. Here's an example of what/how you can talk about what needs balancing.

- Super Saiyan Stats:
    LP - not changed
    EP - increased by 200% ----> ENG - increased by 50% While this most likely cuts on how much EP you gain from transforming, it does make up by increasing EP Regen, which definitely helps in recovery and combat
    physical offence - increased by 20% ----> 25% Increased so that it gives you more power, but still not as much as Kaio-Ken at 3 SP
    energy offence - increased by 20% ----> 25% Same as above
    physical defence - not changed
    energy defence - not changed
    run speed - increased by 30%
    attack speed - increased by 20%
    hit rate - increased by 15% ----> 20% I found it stupid that Hit Rate got such a low boost, but I didn't think it needed to be high like Dodge.
    dodge rate - increased by 30% ----> 20% Decreased to balance out the Hit Rate boost
    block rate - increased by 10%
    curse success rate - not changed ----> increased by 10% Balances out with Resistance. Also wasn't this in retail DBO?
    curse resistance rate - increased by 10%

Yes it might be unlimited but the highest is still x20 until Toriyama change it.

No it's still x20. Super just had it x10 with SSJ Blue. Overpowered yes, but not the max Kaio-Ken seen. To Goku's credit though, he suffered majorly with the "Kaio-Ken" effect afterwards.

Anyway, the only time so far we've seen a difference between Kaio-Ken levels the isn't in terms in power is in Xenoverse where x20 allowed infinite use of Stamina moves.

Something we all need to remember is that lv.70 cap nerfed Kaio-Ken. Beforehand, it could be used to increase your crit rate to broken levels. A x3 Kaio-Ken would allow you to nearly have all your skills deal crit damage. The attack power boost only occurred in regular Kaio-Ken. Multiplying it only increased your crit rate and drain.