Posts by smesher

Well I think that this game was kinda fun for me to play, because of the flying arrond, the nostalgia and the feels, but now it becomes less and less fun each day, but it isn't the staff fault in my view. I really think that Daneos and the guys did a great improvement in the game and I would have quited it a long time ago without the new balance, the drops, upgrade and stuff. These guys really did a good job and they deserve the merit for this server, but they put their hands in a game that was really badly tought in it's develop.

Well, the game have a lot of original problems that, I repeat, It's not a dbog problem, the problem was depper in tw and hk. Let's talk about it.

I'll talk some shit about the gameplay. Dbo have a shitty gameplay and we all know that. The skills have good anymation, they are nostalgic and beautifull, looks like and anime. Playing it feels sometimes like playing an anime, living a f*cking Dragon Ball episode, and that is a positive point. Now, the questing structure waste this feeling for new players, feeling less and less like playing an anime, just repeating dumb quests to lvl up. If you are a senior player, still have to repeat the same UDs for lvl up, getting more and more tired of the repetitions. Maybe this is a problem that other MMOs have too, but still, the lvl up isn't fun. And everyone plays a game because of it fun. I used to play Runescape and there some quests in the game that I really have a great time doing, taking some laughts and would LOVE to do them again, because was a lot of fun. The developers of Runescape spended a lot of time thinking about quest structures and histories, with great script writing and animations, cutscenes and stuffs. Dbo tw or hk could have done stuffs like that too, they had a big staff, much bigger than Daneos have, but they didn't. We have here a game with 3 inteligent races with no quests about politics between races sharing a same world, for example, no wars or fights between clans. No clans filliations inside your race or treason to filliate to clans of other races. No decisions that you make that change the course of possibilities in your endgame. No possibility of experience new histories with new chars, new races and new possibilities. The gameplay lack all of that. Have good fight structure, maybe, but no Story. Its like that bollywood movies with op actions scenes in a nonsense story. It's not possible that someone could think about developing a good game without thinking in the game story, that's a must, or the game will be a boring one.

Now I have talked about the lvl up problem. About the economics, they are the most dumb economics I ever, ever, seen in any real or imaginary place. That's too is not a problem made by the current staff by dbog, so you guys don't take it personal. But idk how no one notice that, but there's a infinite money generation problem, even if we ignore the dozens of boots everywhere. Everytime someone farm and sell itens in a NPC money in generated and this money stays in the game economy FOREVER. Well, I'm not a economist, neither are most of you, but you know what happens if you keep printing more and more money in a country, no stop. Yeah, the money value less and less, till it value nothing. Someday any early player will need to farm for like weeks to get a piece of bread to feed their children, but will be too late. The children will be dead, same as the will of the player to stay in the game. That's the game economics for ya. But now, how to solve this economy problem? Well, you need to make the money flow, instead of being produced infinitely. The money that go out of the stores must come back for then. For now the only inflation control the game has in the pet merchant and the goods merchant that sell pills, but it dosen't return not even 1% of the money generated. The calculation is very simple, if you make stores sell usefull stuff that people will buy and return (in a absurdly optimal case) 100% of the generated money by farming, so the game inflation is 0% over the time. The money value don't lower itself. But what itens could be those? I really don't know, if it's too cheap, don't work, if it's too expensive no one buy. Maybe booster 10% 30 minutes for 500k, or some shit like that. Autopot 50k LP for 2kk. I didn't put much tought in it, anyway. You guys help me with that.

Well, still talking about the economics, but upgrade also. The game upgrade sistem is a bullshit, not because is too easy, not because is too hard, but because is a piece of shit. Why? You know why. Try farming stuff, buying cash, farmimg boxes for legendary rings in cc dungeon, or do anything to put your hands in a precious piece of money. So take all that money and buy a LOT of stones and then try to upgrade some shit. I dare ya do that, I double dare ya motherf*cker. If you get your precious upgrade done, gratz! "Lucky me! I'm so happy, maybe this game isn't all that shit I've been thinking." Well, but if doesn't? Then all the time or the money you spend in all that stones, just broke with the failed upgrade, and you learned nothing, just that maybe that's your destiny, failing forever, wasting all your time farming shit to get some money, and all going wasted forever, again and again, for all gametime you spend here, maybe till you die of boredoom. But that death at least would save you from wasting more lifetime in stuff that isn't fun. So, the problem I'm looking here is that when I fail in a f*cking Mario game, I know why and how to maybe not fail next time, in dbo you just fail without reason and everything go wasted. There's no fun in not recompensating skillfull playing, like any good game does. Mario have it, Dark Souls have it, even tetris have more gameplay than dbo upgrade system.

And here I end my speech. [drops microphone]

I know there's a lot o people that agree with that bullshit, but remember you guys that if all the 70 whites are just a cash item, so mostly players have no perspective of getting strong and maybe just abandon the game. Well, probably I will. Never put my hands in anything bigger than +13, even playing for months and being the strongest guy in my guild, that have dozens of lvl 60 players, a couple of then cashers, even. Right now and then the ones that can really afford +15 itens are less than 5% of the players. More than 95% of the players pass the most of they time hard working in the game to produce the zeni (selling itens in the stores - that's where ALL the zeni comes from), stones and good itens that less than 5% elite acumulate. That game "elite" then just ask for a more unbalance in the game, so they can fart in the face of most players and make they your slaves. But no one have fun just watching the same op guys being strong and never ever having any perspective of being one of them, that's sad even. No one play a game to be sad about the shitty economy system of it. People play games to have fun, if they don't, they quit. A LOT of the firends I used to play with already quit because of this. You guys want mostly of players to quit for the sake of a elite minority. Well, you all have the right to think that way, but you all will kill the game for good if get what you want.