Posts by Revenge

I think people should be more careful with their wording and not put the ENTIRE staff team on blast.

There are genuinely members of the staff team such as Hardlock for example that if given the opportunity really try to make this game a better experience; its even worse when you consider the rumors/possibilities that GMs themselves don't even have all the power that they should have, and those with lower ranks such as Mod though can only do so much.

Wouldn't it honestly be wise to listen to the opinions of the players who put in hours of their time into your game, many of whom invest money into it?

It's a shame if/when threads like these (which obviously have support) end up being ignored or aren't provided any form of official statement, or one that has valid reasoning made explicitly clear to justify any decisions that are made.

I got my dragon balls stolen many times and thats not the problem of the game, its the players, DB Hunt is like treasure hunt if you find it first you keep it. If a sk or dw is stealing your balls look for another spot, theres 9 channels and the map is big, in pre beta players dropped about 600+ yesterday was 189 when i saw that number i got shocked , what admins should have done is give a warning to the players that steal the balls and not changing it system. So many stuff was changed that are not good and people are just fine with it, this server is more empty than pre beta due to this kind of problem, not everyone reaches to a agreement, and when the truth is told they say "If it wasn't daneos you wouldn't be playing this game right now" daneos is a good developer but a terrible decision maker. The problem in pre beta was the terrible drop rate of the stones and the terrible upgrade rate, some dude spent 500$ for cash and bought stones and couldn't get his equips past +9.

You're contradicting yourself.

"If you find it first you keep it" - that is how it is now, because people cannot see whether your mobs have a chance of dropping a dragon ball or not because they're not the ones farming it. DW coming in and stealing everything is the opposite of this.

There are 9 channels, and yes the map is big. But that doesn't matter because you need a good area with lots of mobs gathered in one place, and a place that is within your level range of +5/-5. People also still drop like 600 balls, but its just that the broadcast spams it more than once, with several drop messages instead of one.

And no, the server is not empty because of dragon ball drop rates lmfao. I wouldn't even call it empty - just less so than before for other reasons: botters, hackers, pending cap etc. Not because of dragon balls.

"Now atleast when you kill mobs and they respawn as DB mobs, other players can't see it so they can't take it, thats a major improvement if you ask me".

It seems you did not understand... and im not talking about the drop rate, the dragon balls dont show up on the screen when the event starts, im not talking about how to farm dragon balls. In the original it appears on the screen as soon the event starts, but in this server you have to kill it first so it show on the screen. I rather look for it and kill it than gather monsters and kill it and wait. But now event starts you have to kill and wait to respawn db monsters. Why was that changed? Its called DB Hunt not DB Farm.

I don't think you understand the point he is trying to make.

They changed it so that it does not automatically appear on the radar because people would literally go around stealing balls. For example: a Dark Warrior could see your dragon ball mobs, run in and kill them all at once with an AOE, take the balls and run off.

Do you really want it to be like that? I'm sure if that happened to you, you'd be more than angry.

Furthermore, they still appear on the screen but only you can see them. So, if someone was killing mobs and then left the area, and you killed a mob in that area as long as it was a Dragon Ball mob for him it could still drop for you. You just cannot see other people's dragon balls on the radar any more, just your own.

And believe me, its much better this way.

A wipe would do nothing good. Hackers and cheaters will always be there. After the wipe they would just come back, and the actual players would just leave.

Have you even read the posts on this thread? People aren't asking or supporting a random wipe out of nowhere.

First things first, an anti-cheat system. If you have that, how on earth do they just come back? All the duplication methods and botting will be no longer available, but as it is right now the server and its economy has taken serious damage that is irreparable by any sort of new client or new cap. That is why we are asking for a wipe - but only after a proper solution has been put in place.

Do you guys play this GAME as a duty??? Enjoy more and cry less thanks

I don't even want to respond to this. If you have no valid input then simply get off the thread. 'Crying less' doesn't make the problems disappear.

---

Honestly, it's a bit disappointing no form of administrator or staff member has taken a few minutes out of their day to reply to these posts. Yes, you may be talking about it among your team-members but it still doesn't take away from the fact that we, the players, are left in the dark and as a result people are beginning to believe the staff simply don't give a damn. The community is getting reckless, and every little guild or group you could possibly talk to say the same thing:

"This game is dead/dying"

It's gotten to the point that this is the wide spread belief and nobody in the community is even bothering to act upon it.

And that isn't to say people haven't tried - there are countless posts on this forum trying to rectify the game's errors but all they end up is being ignored, left for dead.

As I was typing this up, this appeared. A prime example of what I mean; the game is in such a horrible state that even the owner is being trash-talked all over and nobody seems to give a damn.

Is this what DBO has come to?

---

Proxymime The most advanced games are new, constantly evolving. DBO is not. It will reach a certain point and then from there, no new content will be made available presumably. Regarding botters, if there is an AFK kicker or any form of anti-cheat system, and when they do it can constantly be patched out no problem. That's what any good game does, patch patch patch. Botters aren't miracle workers after all, they are simply people who boot up their PC and run a bunch of scripts. But if you leave it as it is, with an anti-cheat and no wipe as I said above it doesn't take away from the damage done.

Circumstances change, if you want to keep the game as it is simply because he said 'no more wipes' then so be it. A wipe simply is necessary in the present day, and if there isn't one I can almost gurantee people will be pleading for one in the seventy cap.

How is it a scam when Cashers always get their cash points back anyway? Ontop of that, last I checked it was a 'donation' and not legally cashing or purchasing of items.

As far as wipes in the retail version of the game went, I played TW for quite a while and I couldn't even remember a single wipe.

Here is actualy no real way for stop bots they will always find a way to come back until they are able to gain profit from game. Even official relase had problems with them and here was game guard, even games like lol, wow, black desert still have problems with hackers and they have advanced game guards.

I used trade in this game maybe few times, 2 when i waas buying brown box and 3 times when someone was showing me his stuff, i dont feel like my gameplay will be worse maybe harder because i wont be able to lend money because of that, but at least i will be sure that we pushing bots to corner, here will be no bots if they wont be able to sell thier shit.

Game guard is like antivirus
    DearestAchingFrillneckedlizard-size_restricted.gif

This is exactly my point. Even an inventory wipe would be fine - it would stop the selling and buying of zeni and destroy any chance of cheating using alternate accounts that botters, buggers and duplicators have cleverly hidden.

Some people are also saying that we should just have a wipe of people with highly upgraded gear - yet I can name a few legitimate players and to only target them would be selfish. In the end, everyone would benefit from any form of wipe.

Hear me out.

I PERSONALLY believe a server wipe would be the right way to go. With that mentioned, this would only be the case IF AND WHEN Daneos implements some sort of anti-cheat system.

If you look at the current state of the game - it's both unfair for both cashers and F2P players for numerous reasons. I don't think cashers are the god-tier players that F2P imagine them to be:

- The cash shop is much 'worse' for value compared to POB or Retail. If you don't believe me look around on Youtube.

- Botters and Cheaters.

I'm going to elaborate on the second point. There are people out there in this community who bot, bug and even purchase zeni. Legit players, despite whether they are cashers or not are simply shafted by all of this. For example, a CC91F ticket is very powerful and one alone is worth $20. Yet, with the currency conversion rate of $1 for 10kk, people can purchase enough zeni for this ticket by not even spending a whole $10.

The purchasing and selling of zeni is fu*king the entire economy as a whole and it really isn't made obvious to most players. With a couple of dollars someone can purchase lots of gear, stones or whatever they wish. Compare this to F2P who have to grind or Cashers who have to spend a larger amount of money for less than they're getting.

Botters as everyone knows can gather a large quantity of stones over night, and hey they might even get a few good drops at that. Botting or trading zeni alone makes it sooooo damn easy for these cheaters to become 'top-tier' players almost overnight. With any stones left over, they can make even more zeni and hold it for whatever.

Now, imagine that there are cheaters out there who both BOT AND BUY ZENI.

I'm not sure why people are acting like the 70 Cap will miraculously save the state of the game. The economy will still be absolute trash, with a single box going from 3kk to 15kk. Who knows what it'll be worth in a month, heck even a couple of week's time.

People don't really understand that +15 CC90 or 100 60 cap will still absolutely trash people around in the 70 cap. Every five minutes someone is making an upgrade to +15, after upgrade after upgrade. They duplicate their stones almost infinitely so there is no way in hell you won't get top tier upgrades, it is percentages after all. So, even if you're a free to play player; when these cheaters keep their overpowered gear that is still of use in the next cap and your amazingly mediocre gear becomes absolutely ass you'll be wishing for this wipe too.

Yes, the anti-bot system will stop all of this botting and what not.

But, do you really think that will magically save the state of the game? Many of these botters are complete idiots, but there are still a large number of people that will transfer all their goodies to alt accounts that they won't even touch until 70 cap. Here is a good time to mention buggers too.

These buggers are prepared for the next cap Everything you can sell in a Private Shop up until now HAS been duplicated - I can almost gurantee that. All these precious dogis, gear, tickets, boxes etc. have been duplicated. So, when you get obliterated by a full CC150 +15 (since White U70s are in the game and could've been easily duplicated) boxed max stats bugger don't be surprised. They'll have such a jump on you it'll be unbelievable. But not if there's a wipe, where we all start fresh on a clean slate.

Sure, you can't bot for stones anymore. But their current gear and large amount of stones they have tucked away will still sell for a hell of a lot of zeni, and once they cash that in before 70 cap they'll gear themselves even better than before.

In the end, F2P players and Cashers alike will get fu*ked because now, your gear has no worth. You have nothing to trade for it either; U60s and the like becoming almost useless in the 70 cap. If you're really F2P, I don't see how you're surviving nowadays anyway with prices like 100kk for a Gogeta Dogi in the AH right now, but with a wipe and anti cheat you'll be able to get things easier than before.

But now think, if you have both the anti-bot system and a server wipe, what would that mean???

- Yes, you will lose your amazing gear that you care so preciously about.

- Yes, you will lose all of your valuables such as dogis and zeni and gear.

- Yes, you will ultimately have to grind back to having any self worth.

Isn't that the point of this game? This is a Korean MMORPG, and I'm certain that Koreans absolutely love their grind. There is no endgame because the game was never finished, and who knows if it ever will be. If you don't like it, nobody is forcing you to play. And trust me, I know how irritable a grind back up from 0 would be. We all do.

But don't be selfish and think of the positives - They are nothing without these cheats, and if you strip that away from them DBO itself will be cleansed of all this dirt. Not only will these cheaters be UNABLE to bot for stones, and be UNABLE to sell zeni because nobody has any, and UNABLE to duplicate for more worth, but it also cleans up the mess of an economy.

It cleans up the game.

just my opinion btw