Posts by Pito

1 more thing I forgot to mention, super saiyan was actually useful ! If I remember correctly the ep drain wasn't as bad and it gave more damage than kaioken x1 but kaioken x3 gave out alot of crit rate and damage to still make it useful. You actually felt weak without super saiyan and it wasn't as good as Giant Namek and Kid buu but it was still worth gathering the dragonballs for and it felt so much rewarding getting it than it would now with this balance.

Um...can someone provide a more descriptive explanation? (no offense Pito) I didn't start DBO until the lv. 60 cap so I'm not aware on how the lv. 55 cap worked in terms of balance and such.

And yes NTL is horrible at balancing classes.

Back then pvp was all about combos and you couldnt win with just 1 skill which is why buffing every weak class is a bad idea @HeavenlyOcelot. You actually had to be smart and everyones build was very different to fit their liking. You could have energy skills in your build as a SM and most did believe it or not because crits werent high like they are and it was all about base damage. SKs didnt do alot of damage for a tank, Karmas didnt have OP stuns, Knockdowns took longer to get up. Every KR player was a different class for the most part because of all this. (except for some reason most the english community naturally all went MA lol)

Dbo at its end needed much more than just 1 change in balance and needs to change back to vanilla level 55 cap dbo where it was completely balanced for the most part and I think anyone who played KR or early TW days can agree. When level 60/70 cap hit this games classes now had 2 or 3 completely OP things about them but have a huge disadvantage in return, making it really luck based depending what class you face,unlike vanilla dbo when thousands were playing every class. This is a big reason why alot of people left dbo to die because you were forced to pick a class not just lack of updates. Now to change it back to vanilla while still keeping the level 70 cap start by making 1 STR = 10 physical and 1 SOL = 10 SOL and make max CD 90% instead of 77% and nerfing crits hard why? This would make lucky crits not needed and make damage more consistent. Next nerf the fuck out of Thunder, why? This skill was never in vanilla dbo and this skill alone is why most people choose the fighter class in pvp you got a free winning round because of this skill alone and its also too OP in Pve you can literally drop a boss win under seconds and I know a lot of you fighters will be crying but if you truly want balance it needs to be done. Next nerf SK's Bold same reason as thunder, brain dead skill and with the nerfed crits SK's would still be fine with all the defense and lp. Next nerf Karmas Hesiation skill why? its a 23 second stun do I need to say more? Next change buff Grand Chef's con% buff and buff damage this class was just too weak even in vanilla dbo. Now DWs were just overshadowed by SK's for the most part but buffing their a lil damage would be good enough to even them. For Cranes just nerf anti bleed since they depend on bleed and so you cant completely cancel out what they are made for and they were just fine Pve. Capping lp% to 50% would fix Ultimates from being so tanky and having decent damage. Plasmas,Dendes, and pokos seemed fine. Nerfing max reflect and speed would be the last thing making this just like how it was vanilla dbo when pvp pve were all about skill.

Well seeing as how a lot of people don't quite what "balancing" really is in game design, I'll just leave this little wiki here before requesting you guys to actually think if DBO really is currently as "balanced" as a lot of you say it is. Blazing Used Link Function!

That's not how balancing works. You can't just work on one or two classes and expect the game to be fine. I will admit that the Grand's Chef only gimmick was slightly OP, but the nerf it got was too big and had players begin going for Ults. Shame really, because while Ultimates have some better buffs Grand Chefs were much better at tanking and possess more attack power.
    As for Lost in Time, that skill was just broken period because of its range and it lasted long enough to use Hypnosis, Dodan Barrage, and a debuff or two. The loss wasn't too big though since Cranes also have Freeze, which you can combo into Hypnosis due to the ending recovery lag your opponent experiences.

Let me start off by saying I never said just those 2 classes needed to be changed, I was just stating that I know those two for sure needed a buff of some sort, I don't know what to buff because I never played the classes I'd have to give that job to someone who was good with them. (which I think is no one at this point but I do plan on making one) and you can't just look at the skill calculator and think you know everything about the class, because some classes are very dependent on their Base Stats, gear,combos etc. so in order to get a more clear view on how to balance these classes we'd need Daneos to let a couple EDUCATED pvp players test out level 70 classes they have knowledge of and really go into depth on how to balance everything or else all of this balancing from the skill calculator alone are just speculations and I think I should be one of them for Swordsman. Now for starters on the SM class it's pretty fair when facing most classes but facing an SK that has better gear than you and has atleast some skill, it does not matter if you have the best strategy possible, if you dont crit within the time of your stuns you're done for, because you will not deal enough base damage having to deal with Steal life, Fear, and Bold strike. Imo instead of having to rely on crits so much for the more tanky classes their base damage needs to be buffed because they crit insane but do such low base dmg. (This is a problem with other classes as well.)

Old dbo 50-55 were the only levels the took long,
    This server its like 50-60 and 65-70.
    If Daneos plans on releasing open beta with broken quests there needs to be a cap or only a very small chunk of the community will reach level 70.

The only class I know for sure needs some work is Grand Chef. Their EP drain skills were so OP back in the 60 cap then bam, they nerfed those skills to hell and no one really made that class ever since, same when they took Cranes stun.

That was old dbo, now half the quests are bugged and now 50-56 is a grind fest 56 to 57 is alright and 58 to 59 another grind fest, I heard 60-65 is okay then 65 to 69 is another grindfest due to all the broken quests.

Nothing has changed from old dbo, max CD is still only 70% (You can do the math), its just with CD buff, cd rings, and RP Reduce cd you can spam it (like old dbo) It's just in old dbo everyone had RP set to increase duration instead of reduce CD and never noticed it. Wouldn't work in a ranked match nothing is broken.

Well I had 150 left because S.Saiyan pack cost 700 C.P (cash points) to get so you would have bought the $75 pack (750 CP + 100 bonus = 850) to get 850 CP which would explain why I had 150 points left over. Krillin packs cost 150 ($15) but could have bought $20 and you'd have an extra 50 CP. Goku pack cost 450 CP so if you bought the $50 pack (500 CP + 50 bonus = 550), you could have 100CP left over. It was just dependent on what pack you bought to achieve the cash points you needed

Idk why you talking about you had 150 left its not that we didn't get enough, we ain't get shit at all smh

That means...PRE-OPEN BETA OF 2016 HAS STARTED! WOOOO!

*Starts to rock out w/ The Final Show! and METAL DESTRUCTION*

I was referring to him and the others saying pre-open beta started

I do agree with you completely last time they had a server open for everyone I seen atleast 50 players and that was in the starter town alone and I believe it was only open for a day or 2 so not everyone got to join.

Like you said, that's PvP-wise (even though plenty of people were satisfied with duels and pvp plat), but yeah. The bugs are all already planned to be fixed, including the dojo ones and even the class balance, meaning certain classes will be able to participate in the endgame dungeons, as well. My post was related to all content and what people did. All they did before 70 was quest and level up (and most quests included inside dungeons) to get to 70. Which is one of the reasons why me and other people have suggested the temporary level caps. They won't matter for new characters once the cap is 70 again, but making everyone grind to level up solely on mob exp every level isn't going to make them enjoy the rest of the content more, it's really just going to make them kill mob after mob in the same area until they gain a level (and possibly quit out of boredom).
    I mean, of course there were people who felt bored while playing the game, but I'm talking about the ones who didn't quit, which were most of them (or at least that I knew about). Also, right "after hitting 70", you would be able to participate in everything everyone else was doing, which is also what I meant by that.

I do agree with most of what you said but another good idea would be to add events where grinding that actually rewards you with something other then levels, like the tuna event where a big ass tuna fish appeared rarely after killing a mob and it gave you lots of coins to get a dogi. I thought that was pretty cool and I didn't mind grinding then. Also that old event from KR that gave you a turtle shell, yardrat dogi, and caveman dogi if I remember correctly I forgot how it worked though but it was fun getting dogis as I leveled. I don't know if these events are still possible but it'd be worth it imo.

Almost no one got bored after hitting 70. Most of the interesting things were after hitting cap. Say goodbye to casuals (good chunk of players), because they probably won't stick around for a grindfest. lol

Aside from dojo, scramble, and budokai which was weekly there was nothing really to do in dbo pvp wise and that was all ruined by bugs. PVE was ruined by being too hard without speed, this all needs to be changed if this game wants to last because these were the main problems in dbo that many seemed to have forgot. These problems are more late game though so starting the game lvl 70 cap is the worst option imo.

So I was in Korin checking out the scenery and I stumbled upon plat. I enter. And first thing thats happens is I get infinite stun bugged by Whtes (Every stun can do this as seen in the video). Now after I relog he/she tries again and again and I can't leave the plat. I've seen this person do it numerous times before so I decided let me start recording and catch this prick but this time he/she tried something else. Now I know that this is just the development server of course there's going to bugs, but when you got idiots like this crashing, makes you not want to play this game which means bankruptcy for the servers.

We can't be having this type of garbage players in the release and for everyone who wants this "Whtes" banned give me a hell yeah ! because they will just ruin the experience for all players and this is exploiting bugs if I ever seen it