Posts by Grender

He means that if there is a wipe with the new client. It will be a reduction of those who used bugs to get an advantage(wipe), a reduction of hackers(new client’s security), and limitation of ip connectios (wipe + new client)

Those who want to exploit the game will find ways to do it again. Wipe is not a solution. Not being apathic, selective deletion and damage control, are.

Reduction of "bugs, hackers and limitation of IP connections" has nothing to do with a wipe.

Enserio Explíqueme bien que pasara a los personajes perderán los itens zeni y su nivel enserio , llevo 1 semana jugando ya soy nivel 60 , realmente si esto pasa no jugare mas

enserio por favor alguien me explique bien que sucederá?????

I don't think the entire staff is willing to wipe completely the server, it wouldn't make any sense. But they are hiding while we wait for an official statement, so who knows.

^ This. Creative solutions and facing the issues. Not just childish wipes.

Also, this is getting out of hand. Players need an official statement ASAP saying what's gonna happen, because with all of this instability, I'm sure a lot of people won't play until the situation is resolved.

this is a normal thing on private servers, you should do more research b4 playing one

That's not true. Wipes are only THE LAST resource, even more if there's no warning about wipes when the server launches on release. There are numerous ways to fix issues rather than a childish full wipe, that's playing with people time. I'm talking about WoW private servers, because that's where I have experience. Selective deletion through SQL statements is the way to go in these cases.

I'm waiting for that answer too and nobody is providing it, a soft wipe will solve the same issues as the full wipe, but being less destructive.

This poll ain't serious anyways. No poll that is on this Forum is to be taken serious. And you know why? People of this community are mostly toxic, selfish piece of sh*ts. Go make a poll about anything and add "make it easier" or "make it harder" ppl will jump on easy. They will jump on it hard. They will force their grandparents to make a forum acount to vote for easy!

Saw so many polls here, always the easy option wins. And it's always the wrong option. People do not wanna play this game. They wanna enjoy it from day 1. Give them instant +12 stuff, they still would complain "why not +15?". That's what they want. Create a new account/char, *boom* it's lvl 70, has multiple +15 equipment, budo aura, dojo, end game accessory, CC150 aura. So i don't care about the vote.

I just hope ppl from the staff team and Daneos himself reads what i wrote here so far to understand the more experienced players of this community that most of the time get ignored cuz they wanna have things harder to keep the game alive. Buuut all for nothing. I am sure there won't be a wipe. Would be surprised if Daneos actually once listens to experienced player lmao.

You haven't answered to: What's the difference between a full wipe, and a less destructive soft wipe (items and money)? And of course polls and players opinions should be taken into account, otherwise you'll end in an endless dictatorship loop.

Daneos said with new client he'll haver better control. With that i assume he'll be able to make sure these things don't happen again better this time. Ofc wiping with same result months later won't do sh*t. If Daneos really has better control over server/client then he can protect the game better. That's what i get. If he can't do that, then don't bother to keep things as they are and go to 70 cap. Cuz then playing this game makes 0 sense. Why bother playing a game when you know at the end it will be pure sh*t? lol

If Daneos can pull off better protection against that crap, then we need a full wipe for a fresh new start! Players who voted no did this cuz they wanna keep their crap. Not cuz they think it will turn out to be the same months later lol. But now those ppl will jump on this one good reasoning to excuse their selfish crap. Too late tho, by your dumb reasoning we already saw what kind of players you mostly are (not all). And i personally don't care about you guys. Your threat by saying "i will leave so will others etc." means jacksh*t to me. I'll be one of the ppl to say bye to all of you lmao.:D You leave and new ppl get here, simple. Y'all not that important so keep your ego down.

What's the difference between a full wipe, and a less destructive soft wipe (items and money)? Soft wipe is enough, there are no issues with levels / character progression, they can remain untouched. Also, seeing how the poll is developing, the only viable and smart solution is to do the soft wipe I'm mentioning, otherwise a lot people wouldn't be taken into account. I'd be honestly surprised if the staff ends up doing a full wipe instead of the soft one.

Staff doesn't need to be super human to do a targeted soft reset (remove unwanted items). SQL queries can do magic (I'm a software developer myself).

As I said, the best, non destructive option to please everyone is to remove all high level items (I'd say keep cosmetics but disable the trading of them for some months, but I'm fine just deleting them) but keep all character progression like level, completed quests, name...

I'd add the same (per class) common armor to level 60 players so they don't stay naked with the soft wipe. Also, a minimum amount of Zenis could be given too.