Posts by theoddprince

well , first this is sad , second I think these people are also dreaming because even if they want to make money from that ,then the company who made the game can sue them for copyrights(It will be big damage).

Third there are a lot of big companies today with way advanced technologies with better graphics.

I would say making something work in this game and understand the structure of it can be a good advantage for the CV in case you think to work in the gaming industry ,or to create something for your own as a startup.

But to be that secretive for a game which even is not their own , I would say this what define kids .

Anyways good luck to everyone .

You can do it!

I do not see anyone active in this forum , I thought it was supposed to help to make the game alive again and contribute in fixing the client.

Apparently I was only dreaming :D .

There are no discussions about coding or problems in game other than waiting for Daneos to fix the client issues as I see in most comments .

I am trying to understand how the client works but for sure it will take me a lot of time to get it .

Hey theoddprince,

You're going to want to unpack the client and then you'll have access to those files to see what they're all about. You can find programs to unpack the client on ragezone!

Yes I have figured it out :) , I am trying to create the dlgMain for the Pet system , for some reason it shows it in white and not showing the texture , it shows a white rectangle as the background after I set the Surface , so basically it loaded the correct one but without any textures (It is so annoying ) .

Hi Guys ,

So I just wanted to know what is the purpose of the files which ends with the below extensions :

1) *.rsr

2) *.srf

3) *.frm

Also where I can find these files ? I see a use if these files inside the client code (So based to what I understand there, its related basically to every GUI inside the game)

I am trying to fix the Pet System and I need these files which are related to the Mascot system.

Thanks in advance

If you're just using the 2.0 server code out of the box, just compile the client that comes with it and use that

I have tried that , the client from the out of the box doesn't load the game at all , it just crashes without any error .

by the way Verdant thanks for replying , I guess you are the only one looking into my questions lol xD .

Is the DBO Global client valid in order for me to open it in a separate server ? or I need another client for that ?

[EDIT] So after some playing around with clients apparently I was using the wrong client. I followed the tutorial which located here : Video Tutorial how to create a server in simple steps , and everything went smooth . [EDIT]

It's in the open source stuff on github

So I have found dbo_0.50.9_client but this one also doesn't work xD .. well maybe I am doing something wrong , no clue .

Like when entering the game the Authentication server sends back accept , but when I click the Start button , there is no response .

lest assume there is a problem with the servers , this Start button with which server supposed to interact ? I will try to debug it .

If you have any information would be appreciated .

Sounds like you're using the TW client. You'll need to figure out the packet encryption there, or use a KR client. I'd recommend KR.

I have actually the DBOG client , I think it is Korean . Or I might be mistaken .

From where I can get the KR client version ?

Hi :) ,

Thanks for the post it is very helpful .

So I have followed the the whole procedure , everything got compiled , DB is ready and I have also created a test account with MD5 password set up ,

But unfortunately nothing happens when I try to enter my user and pass , its just stuck on the login page for 1 min and that's it .

Am I missing something ?

I have attached a photo with the servers running , I don't see any problem with it .

Thanks in advance

[Edit] The query server also up , forgot to put in in the attachment [Edit]