Posts by Chinwuke

Maybe I'm mistaken but other than getting lucky in wagu what possible way is there for you to currently buy brown boxes?

I only played for a few hours but overall i like this update a lot. The players will spend significantly less money on the game than before and if there will be no issues being able to run the server then it's great news. People can cash less and a lot more balance between not cashers. As for getting 'exactly' what you want from the cash shop? You don't need to buy any wagu at all if you're that concerned about it. Just go farm and buy it at the AH. It's economics, many other ways around that, it's a minor issue.

The only thing I've noticed that I don't like from the update is how much stone drops have decreased inside dungeons and tmqs. Hopefully that's balanced with the increase of stone drops outside tmqs/uds but judging from the auction house it doesn't seem so.

Thanks for the response. To me that one scenario seems like a small issue. As long as the party leader is someone that can be trusted then there's no issue when the party sets the loot to dice. And if the leader does try and take the item for themselves then people shouldn't play with them and make it known who they are. But in my experience that has never been an issue as long as the loot is set to dice. Even playing with randoms that's not an issue (Besides they'd have to be extremely quick to change the settings before some picks it up plus as it is now would have to be the one to kill the mob).

For me a bigger issue is people farm UD's on their higher lvl players for equipment for lower lvl chars. Like if i use my lvl70 to farm for kid budokai equip at UD1. Not to mention selling it or buying it. You can't farm on your lower lvl char if you don't want him to go past lvl29. Those problem seem like far bigger problems wouldn't you agree? Unless there are other issues that you all are discussing, it seems like the only solution is to place all items on bind after use and not pick up. Cuz if you do that then you may as well place all items in UD's and TMQ's on bind when pick up to avoid the potential for someone to steal. Ofc that's ridiculous, we should just continue to make use of Dice like we have been. Maybe you can advertise using dice like you advertise being aware of scammers and how to get unstuck in the game.

This question is for the dbog team. With this new bind update will UD legendary drops go back to only binding after equipping and no longer binding when picking them up? I'd assume so based on the logic of the binds update but I'd appreciate an official answer.

I don't know if these have been suggested already but looked and didn't find them.

-Make stronger buffs overlap weaker ones, similar to retail DBO (so we don't have to remove a weak buff every time we want a better version of that buff)

-For CC, have the mobs on non-boss floors be in groups like in retail. It's more efficient in pulling mobs for the "easier" floors and more challlenging for the harder floors since you won't be able to just attack one mob without agroing the whole group.

Pre open beta will end very soon, now all our plans are based on Open beta we will be starting with lower cap and we will make UD's/dungeons more rewarding by adding white stones dogis balls and seal coins and more useful items, i understand why people are mad because nobody wants to work on their gear all what they wanna do is afk whole day next to the platform and borrow/buy +15 directly i would be mad too if i was a player because i will be only thinking whats best for me, important note retail had tickets that made your gear bind and in the previous cap there was no exist to any NON-bind set people used TMQ sets and when you used them they become bind.

Maybe stereotyping all players upset with this update isn't smart? The people who in large part make this whole endeavor possible. I've not once sat on plat all day once in my life, here or in retail. But I'm gonna let this play out, enjoy the game as best I can for as long as it lasts. And watch you guys make decisions without consulting the community and see how well that works out for you all. Good luck...

Exactly, you don't even know the drop rate and, and, as a matter of fact, TMQ is also a dungeon.

so if y'all don't know what the drop rates will be or where or when, why on earth are you guys in such a hurry to implement this. Why not wait till you got everything worked out? I mean the answer is obvious to me, I'd just like to see you guys say it....($$$$$$$$)

Seems more and more a waste of time to comment trying to improve the game. I'll just say this, I understand they main point of this it to make money for the devs, but this is actually counter productive. You'd make more money if you keep this game going long term, but with moves like this you drastically shorten the life of a game you put so much effort into. Don't have to believe me, time will show you. I'll just enjoy this game for however long it lasts.

What I'm saying is keep the current upgrade rate but increase the drop rate of stones and increase the required amount of stones. This could work both for cashers and non cashers because cashers would have to pay more white stones for the upgrade, for example if it requires 4 stones for an upgrade it should require 4 white stones too if you want to use them.

I hear what you're saying, but it seems that not much will change. The drop rate will increase but the number of stones needed to upgrade will increase as well. So it's kind of the same. And this doesn't address the issue of potentially losing all progress as far as upgrading - something that I think will eventually contribute to the game dying.

The problem with that is that it would make things even more time consuming, especially for higher levels of equipment. You'd also have to spend more zeni just to get one chance at an upgrade. As I said, even with this easier system you still have the RNG system to worry about.

maybe with what Freddy is suggesting you have to worry about RNG, but with what I'm saying you don't. Do you understand that part or do I need to explain further?

What I disagree with everyone here suggesting to make it easier for to drop stones is that they want easy upgrades. We are not asking that, as Chinwuke said you could increase the required amount of stones per ugrade. For example this could be like 1-6 consumes only one stone, 6-8 need 2 stones per ugrade, 9-11 need like 4 per upgrade, 11-15 need like 8 per upgade. This could make it harder to achieve +12-+15 while making it easier to achieve +9-+11 while increasing the drop rate and keeping the same ugrade rate.

Also I think, the items should start breaking again like real break because people will just take +11 or higher granted with my suggestion.

I'm sorry, I'm not sure I understand completely what you're trying to say. Could you tell me what issue you have (if you have any) with the type of system I was talking about?

agreed on all of what we are talking.a big thanks to Chinwuke who understand and explain my idea better.this is what I was want.not gifted +15 but a reachable goal

I agree with some other things you're saying and think I can maybe explain them better but that's for another day and another thread. Right now I want to know if BlazingBarrager is on the same page with this type of upgrade system. Not any specific numbers right now just the system itself. If you feel it can address all of your concerns about taking the possibility of downgrade away.

I get where you're going with this.

But we need to remember that DBO is a grinder type of MMO. I think that's why a downgrade system was implemented in the first place.

...well that and to get people to buy White Stones from Cash Shop.

oh being grindy in the type of system

I'm advocating for isn't a problem. Is using 1000 stones to get to +15 grindy enough? As you can imagine upgrade stones will always sell in the AH. You can make it grindy without losing all your progress. In the current system you could grind for 10 years 8 hours a day and still end up with +0 trying to get to +15. That's insane right?

Aura kingdom got same system kinds.after some upgrade fail you get automatic success

many people feel like changing the upgrade system to no longer downgrade would make getting to +15 too easy. I promise there is a way to not make that the case (excluding bugs). Like if you say you need 10,000 stones to make +15. Obviously that's too much but those same people would say it's too hard to get +15. Harder than any time before. But that shows there is a number that even those people can live with while eliminating the possibility of downgrades while still making it difficult to reach +15. And there are ways to still make the advance and white stones valuable.