Posts by RagingGoliath

Yeah one of the biggest things about DBO was that it was almost (not ALMOST) impossible to mod. This mainly came through the form of GameGuard which is an anti-cheat system.

Well the Giant Namekian would have to be first because King Picollo had that skill and Picollo uses it in Dragonball, way way before he gets the Super Namekian form from DBZ.
    Super Saiyan 2 would be good to have in it, would add a lot more playability to the human race.
    Buu transformations would need a lot more thinking out as Kid Buu would be the ultimate form (as it is for Majin Buu) but could include Evil Buu and Raging Evil Buu (just before he turns to Kid Buu).

None of the transformations would unbalance the game if they were properly thought out. It would require a lot of planning to emphasize the right attributes in each class.

It was limited in the original. They modified it at one point and it just got completely broken. I tried quite a lot to level crafting because there was some good stuff you could make but due to the change there were certain crafting items that were completely impossible to find.

So do you all think that the crafting system is going to be fixed? Considering in the original you got to level like... 10 or something and then it became legitimately impossible to get any further. Would be great to be able to actually level crafting skill properly

In Community > Server Discussion it says there are no dates for betas at all but News > Server Discussion gives a very exact date for an open Beta. Is this just a moment of forgetting to update the post or...? Just to clarify my personal confusion :)

What are your long term hopes for DBOG?
    For example my long term hopes is for DBOG to reach and surpass the levels set out by the original DBO. I am hoping that they will be able to finish up the missing parts of Papaya Island, as that always annoyed me. I could get right up to them, look at the landscape while flying etc but they never really seemed to complete them. Well, I also hope to get my old crew all back together from DBO TW!

Welcome.
    There is no real advice I can give regarding classes as that is all down to your gameplay style. Gameplay-wise though the best advice I can give is that you can assign healing items to the quick access slots with skills so that you can use them quicker, particularly useful in fights and wile using transformations.
    Also, bosses are dicks. They can and WILL beat you down.

I have an important question that I would like an answer to if anyone has one.

Which version of the system will be used? The early version or the later version that highlighted the mission required enemies and items in the minimap? The main reason for the question being that when I do finally get online (which I hope is soon, even if it is alpha/beta) I know that not all the speech will be translated and I want to know how much guess work I will need. I always managed eventually in the early DBO days but the minimap markers made it over 9000 times easier!

Hey all, RagingGoliath here.

I was a massive lover of the original DBO and I am SO happy that there is a version up and running. I have missed the old DBO universe more than anything, it was the best MMO I ever played. Looking forward to eventually getting my Super Saiyan on.