Posts by Momo

As I see this thread is only going to bring but another needless argument,

This Thread has been locked.

Hello everybody,

Just dropping in to say that I have merged all 3 "server offline" threads into this one.
    as there doesn't need to be 3 separate threads discussing the same topic.

We are aware of the server issues and are currently working towards a fix.
    Thank you for your continued patience!

Threads like these are a dime a dozen it seems like now and they tend to derail quite easily at that.
    We understand you guys are excited for the coming updates. Daneos is doing his best to bring you all an enjoyable bug free experience. But these things take time and we thank everyone for being patient with us so far, so just hang in there for a bit longer. :thumbsup:

I will be closing this thread as I feel it's reached a point where nothing more substantial can be added to this topic.

Hello cpuman, please try to follow this path relative to where it is located on your computer.
    I will show you mine as an example:
    X:\DBO Global\user\SystemEnv
    The file called "SystemEnv" is a text document holding all the settings you're looking for.
    you can edit this with "notepad" or more preferably with "Notepad++"
    :thumbsup:

Just a friendly reminder of the forum's basic Code Of Conduct.

*Keep it clean
    *Keep it civil
    *Stay on topic
    *Be responsible
    *Share your knowledge
    *Report posts for removal if they violate these standards

We understand many of you have different opinions on this subject and that's perfectly fine. I believe everything should be open to debate, but please remember to do it in a clean and constructive manner, as I'am afraid this thread is heading in the wrong direction (hence this posting)
    Myself and the other Moderators will be removing any post that violate the Code Of Conduct from now on, and users will be given warnings.

You may read the full version of the Code Of Conduct here.
    Thank You! :thumbsup:

This is my current stance on this subject.

*I believe the stone should be made available after a set period of time has passed as to not diminish the meaning of this testing phase. I believe a fresh start on a nearly complete server would be a very good idea in general. after all this is only for testing/bug reporting and everyone started playing with the knowledge from the very start that there characters would be wiped with the launch of Open-Beta.

I personally see this as not "pay to win" but more of "pay for convenience" as for the reasons ill list below,

1.This level 33 stone to my knowledge does not give the player any stats, gear or advantages other then something you would eventually lead up to getting anyways. (and as many of you have stated, is that this level can and could be easily achieved in a single day)
    making the argument of any sort of level advantage pretty silly.

2.The only angle I can see people being upset over a leveling item would be that it would make the race for the top10-100 ranking slots unfair due to obvious reasons.

3.The people who get a scene of accomplishment from leveling is great the whole point is to have fun after all! but you can't force other players to abide by anyone's (other then the eventual GM and Daneos's) rules. not wanting someone doing something you don't find fair (when its within the game rules) is a very poor excuse overall.

4.I'm personally all for the leveling stone being re-added to the game but not without a delay first.
    I'd think 15-20$ would be a fair price to set it at, for the people worried about the cost of such an item, but this is not my decision

*.As for the dogi argument above I completely agree. But I would like to see cash shop rotations as for example; during summer time only summer clothes and accessories are available and during Christmas the santa dogis etc. etc.
    this would create scene of exclusivity for players that generously donate during seasonal events, and would help the market for the players that do so. Along with other ways you could obtain them in the original Dbo.

if you have any questions/comments/feedback/counter arguments, I'd love to hear all of them, it may just change my opinion on a certain subject, I will be open minded if you will do the same! :thumbsup:

Hello Otsumo,

Check in your Dbog folder, there should be a file named "DBOG.exe"
    all you have to do is run it and you can bypass the launcher and login to the game.

If by any chance the file isn't there then please disable any anti-virus software you may have and download this backup I have made for you.
    (Note: your antivirus maybe picking up the "DBOG.exe" as a false positive, Please add it as an exception or disable your antivirus while you play)

Just adding my 2 cents to this argument.

From what I'm getting in this thread is that people don't want the level 33 scroll available right away because this would create an unfair advantage with the rankings on the main site, correct?

With that in mind, how long of a time frame would you guys like to see this option unavailable for if at all?