Posts by Problematic

I figure I should probably stop being lazy and create a formal introduction instead of just roaming the site being cynical everywhere.

Hey, guys! I just discovered this place two days ago and immediately dropped the cash to pay for a founder's pack. I kept saying I was going to try the official game until I eventually lost the chance when the servers shut down, but now I have a second opportunity! I give the greatest thanks to those people who are making this possible.

The name's Amy and I'm perfectly happy to speak to anyone in or out of game if you ever feel the need. I hate joining new sites, because I have no friends around, but then I have the opportunity to meet some new people! It's a pleasure to make the acquaintance of everyone here.

While automatic stat balancing isn't exactly a novel MMO concept, neither is the ability to allocate stats as you see fit. I don't see a change such as this truly redefining the game at all. Eventually everyone discovers the statistical sweet spots to play their chosen class the best and it spreads like wildfire until everyone is using that stat build or (in PvP) the best build to counter it. Every now and again you'll get the odd person who feels like just doing something different, like making a mace priest in Ragnarok Online that works pretty well, but for the most part players put in more effort to pigeonhole themselves than the developers ever could.

I can't even think of any oddball stat examples in Xenoverse. All I ever remember fighting were ki blast humans/saiyans and sponge tank majins.

You could copy and paste most of the existing stuff and then just change the color to create a new monster. The problem comes in when you need to create new mob IDs for every monster of that type as well as fixing any quests and loot lists that are associated with that type. It would basically just be creating brand new content from the ground up with only basic reference to the source material.

Maybe something to come back and look at once the real important work is done, but I don't think it would impact enjoyment of the game enough to warrant giving it any serious attention for any length of time. If it requires ignoring a minor issue like this (which the game developers themselves seemed just fine with in the first place) to begin work on new content once the servers are up and running smoothly and everything is in place, I'd be perfectly fine living with fighting the same monster with different names and levels.