Posts by DeathKey

Just some questions. How did you support this project before then? By staying silent? And when the P-OB announcement was made, you crawled out of your shell (yes Mr. Turtle) and run to support this?

No need to be rude, I never said I knew very much about it until about a week or two ago, maybe three, not everyone needs to buy a founder or donate, yes it helps but just following up is support. I'm not going to sit here and say I supported this project for years, but I knew about the existence of DBO, I did not however know about DBOG very long. Also.. HOW THE HELL DID YOU KNOW I WAS A TURTLE?! Damn spies.. I am silent because I'm not very much of a talker in forums, ingame I talk to others, but when it comes to forums this is really the only forum I've been apart of. I'd appreciate if you'd be a bit kinder to those newer to the DBOG forums, because those coming now, clearly want to play, and that shows that they support the game. Some only care about themselves sure, but others don't and really want this project to be successful.

I see your points, but just because their account was made not that long ago doesn't mean they weren't following up you know? And yes people are just as hyped for Xenoverse 2, I am too, but DBO is it's own game and it should stay true to what DBO is and I agree people need to relax with Addons, because the game still doesn't even have the Dragon Ball Hunts active as of yet from what I heard, if I am wrong correct me. But you can't say who's paying attention to the Forums or keeping up with DBOG as there are people who don't look at the forums and get their info from their friends, I know I am giving info for my friends because they don't want to have to sit on the forums as much as I do. I may not post very often as you guys, but I read a lot of the stuff posted. See you in DBOG tomorrow ^ v^

You cannot discount the "Guest" accounts out there, there are technically 50 people online, so there are more people lurking on the website than you know about, besides, you know about the whole friend of friend sharing and trying to get friends to join them. So there will be a full server, but yeah, the first day, will be not as full but the following days will be too full as people will be finding out as each day passes.

Anyway heading to bed, night guys!

What do you mean?

No problem! I try to stay nice in a community that is already kind.

Also I got a question for a founder, how far is the game content wise? I'd imagine they wouldn't have prepared a Pre Open Beta if they didn't have very much right? I'm curious so I know what to look forward to.

Don't forget that the goal of pre-open beta is gathering informations about bugs, not allowing all people to play. That would be a waste of resources (bigger server bigger co$t). It is possible (i don't know for sure) that if they increase the server capacity, the lag will significantly increase and people will cry about this too. So be patient and wait

I understand why you can think that way, however that's not how servers work, servers refresh data a lot, I am going to go and assume they run the server on a pretty good processer, if that were the case, if they can run 500, then putting a new server with the same, can cause drag, however increasing the size of a server, won't really lag a server, unless it's a significant change, such as maybe 50k people. Yes the server is to test out bugs, but not only just bugs, it's also to give people a taste of the game, to check if the connections are stable. If it weren't about allowing people to play, and just testing bugs then they could of EASILY just kept it solid Founder Only, and it'd give the same effect. They're doing this (Most likely) To test if the servers can handle an actual run with more people, multiple people going around doing their own thing. Just on a bigger scale than just the founders. It's a really smart idea, allowing the people who really want to play to play just to test things out is probably the best way to go. I've worked with computers a lot, I've even ran servers of my own and know how the connections can run, not majorly like those who go to college for it, but enough to know doubling the capacity wouldn't put too much of a strain if it has no problem running. I do agree people will complain of the lag, but that's another reason to do it, to test limits of their servers, all they'd need to do is lower the capacity again, then place an announcement saying they cannot run that many players at once. Besides, if they said they can increase it, it means they believe they have enough to increase it without dragging the server. I hope this enlightened you a bit.

Sorry for the wall of text lol, I get very.. Enthusiastic with Technology, I kind of want to learn more about tech later in life xD

Only a few more days, whoop!

Edit: Lag is also Client wise, if someone has bad connection, either bad provider or too many people running on their Wi-Fi, then that is a problem. People who don't know a lot about servers complain "Their servers are crap they need to upgrade!" Not all people do this, but I've known a few complain in games while it's their bad connection.

I also updated, but I did not receive that problem. I do know the launcher closes down and opens a little tab with a download bar, are you sure you didn't close that part down?

Oh yeah. When that happens, everyone will know because Daneos will announce it here and on FB for sure that the dev server has been wiped clean and pre-open beta has started~

Yeah, and when that happens I swear on my grave I'll be in there in the first batch. If I am not I'll go cry in the corner shaming myself xD I gotta punch a few Saibabeans in the face ;) those things looked so derpy when I watched gameplay for the first time two years back xD

Yeah, I was playing earlier. Anyone that was watching Kakarot play a while ago can confirm this. Dev server hasn't been wiped just yet so we have to wait a little longer for pre-open beta to start

They'll probably to a complete wipe the day it opens, if not the day before. Probably didn't do so, so the founders can still play while waiting for us nubs to get on haha.

You guys are over exaggerating the pre open beta hasn't started yet

No one said it did? We're just talking about when it does, I don't know where you got the idea we said it started.

I just said that I could assume most of the people will try and log on when it starts, so a 500 Player server may not be enough.

Considering there are over 180k people registered, and I can assume most of the people are going to immediately try and log on, they may have to raise it or add new servers, even if they don't, plenty of people will eventually have to get off because a lot of people here are either simply kids that have their parents still taking control over their computer and internet use, but there are still people here who are over 18 and waiting for this game so we can relive childhood. Hopefully they'll increase the amount of servers. We'll just have to see how it works out

o .o Geez screaming, video posting, and everyone went batshit crazy.. AND I MISSED IT! DAMNIT! I feel left out now.. But characters being deleted is a good sign. It's so close, longest weeks of my life . -.

1: Transformations are in-game but cannot get them due to no dragon ball hunts as of yet. Only way is transformation pots2: No. Only the dragon ball quests give the dragon balls for now until dragon ball hunts are finished and enabled

Transformation Potions? Sorry I didn't get to play the Taiwan version, I was too late to get in sadly, but I saw gameplay, are those like the Flight Potions you get early on? Just gives you the transformation instead of the flight?

Happy early birthday selfkaiHarness, I may be fairly new on the forums but yes everyone here is fanboying and are all very excited for DBOG, there are plenty of posts complaining about how the server isn't open yet, they may not be on this post specifically but they are there. You really shouldn't insult someone, calling them ignorant when you're the one being ignorant. Ignorant is the lack of knowledge. Try to stay nice it's what the community is so far and I love it!

I'll meet you all in DBOG :D