Posts by Kyotanaka

It's not impossible to get that much money, I did it :P I'm against making it impossible, but I'm also against making it too easy.
    Everyone being able to change their fighting style whenever they want makes the game much less enjoyable, at least for me.
    People who can't stand being weaker than others should go play some gta with cheat codes, destroying everything in their way (if someone finds it fun, he must be a 10 year old or something lol)

It's not impossible, but it's a painstakingly long task to do, and by the time they get it, their interest in the game probably have already died out. Because as it stands, that'll be the sole thing that'll kill the majority of the playerbase. There are people that don't tolerate grind as much as the Koreans do, which is why grindy games are considered negatives.Again, underperforming just because of something you did when you were new, and get severely punished by having to spend a fortune to correct that mistake, or start a new game, is enough to drive players away.

They could implement another method that'll keep it from being too difficult, but not too easy to get. One such way is to get pages from a repeatable quest (which would require some difficult task, probably like endgame content), get enough pages to get a book. This is just one method. I'm sure we all can keep throwing some more.

This is my personal opinion though, at the vert least make the book obtainable one time-only like hitting the cap. By that time they'll have an idea what they want to do, and that's a motivator to play through the postgame stuff with a poor build. But if they want to change their build again, they'll have to work for that book.

Torrents a lot more convenient for big files such as this

That might be, but Torrents sucks out a lot of usage, and in the past I got in trouble with my IP just for using the torrent (not to pirate), so I'm very hesitant to use it.

Though it doesn't really matter now. I'm already 75% done.

No, if you screw your build, you shall work very hard to reset it.
    Just before dbo was shut down I was level 70 and my build was a total failure as well, because when i just started playing I didn't know how the game works exactly.
    I spent all the time trying to earn enough money for reset book and i did it.
    If i could do it, everyone can, bottom line.
    I know I wasn't the only one btw.

Just because you did it in the past, doesn't mean it's not flawed.

And no, I disagree with it being hard to do. If your build sucks in the first place, how're you going to get that Brown Book? Resets locked behind a HUGE paid wall is more than enough to kill people's interests in the game if they like the game and want more of it. I'd know, I have that experience so many times on other Korean MMOs, because my build sucked, I sucked, and because I sucked, I couldn't get the money, and since I couldn't get the money, my only option was to delete that character and start from scratch.

It's not fun underperforming either, just because you made a rookie mistake it shouldn't affect you the whole game.