Posts by macdaddymario

So, a week ago it was working. I haven't changed anything on my end, is this a known issue? It doesn't matter if I start the game via the launcher or the .exe. It starts up, I get the white screen and hear the NTL logo things in the background, then it cuts to a black screen and I hear the menu music. After that it just sits there until I alt tab out of it, or wait long enough until I get the error with all of the "????? ?? ??????".

Any idea what's up?

Dude there are squirells running around with 1k PL

It's obvious these PL and the canon ones are calculated differently

I wasn't going to reply, but you seemed to implay I didn't in some way know this.

Power levels, are bullshit. Toriyama himself has said as much. He has said a number of times that he regretted ever adding them, and is the reason he has consistently gone out of his way since the Freeza saga, to show why they are bullshit, in every following piece of material.

You guys realize it was never released in Japan, right? Bandai Namco hired NTL (a Korean company) to make the game. It was released in Korea, and during development, it was clearly stated that there were no plans to *currently* release the game world wide, but the project lead said it was something he wanted to do.

It didn't release here in America, because Bandai (at the time) did not have the rights to release Dragon Ball related games, in the Americas. ATARI owned sole publishing rights. Shortly after Bandai obtained worldwide distribution rights for Dragin Ball games, it was officially announced that the game was being translated for a Japanese release, following the Hong Kong one. From there, odds are the international release would have happened, as translating Japanese to English is far easier than Korean, and was hinted at by NTL and Bandai but never officially confirmed. Not to mention, a whole new slew of countries that Bandai could now release games in as sole publisher. No sharing of profits.

However, before that could happen, NTL went under. This is the risk with F2P games, and people complained. Mostly that items in the cash shop, weren't worth it. If you don't have income from your cash shop due to a lack of items people wanted to buy, you won't be around long.

I blame that totally on the perchant for gambling in Eastern nations. Getting a dogi you wanted? Be lucky and spend money for Wagu coins. People wanted a way to get their dogi of choice for $5 or $10. May have saved them long enough to get their Japanese and International release, nations where Dragon Ball related ratings are by and large higher than Korea, the initial release nation. The two other releases belonged to Taiwan and Hong Kong. That's simply due to ease of translation. One uses Traditional Chinese, the other uses a modern simplified Chinese. Which is easy to translate Korean Hangul to.

The lack of income is what killed it, due to lack of item draw in the cash shop. Not a lack of player base. The months and months between patches and balances didn't help either. Imbalance means PvP players don't play, means they don't see (sub par) items in the cash shop.. Such a shame.

I'm so sorry, I thought I replied to this. Leveling up the masters is pretty simple. If you run an offline PQ (just use one of the mid level ones), select your character and your master (or in the case of Elder Kai, just your character) and run the PQ with just those 2.. The a.i. will be easier and you can Z rank it better/faster.

The more Z ranks you get, the faster they level up. Depending on the master, the amount of exp needed is a little different. But generally 5 to 10 PQ runs will level them.

The validity of an argument is not determined by the grammar used to express it. Please closed this thread because Daneos answered the OP and this thread is being distorted.

No one said it did. However when the post reads "But have not now in beta will be after soon then open beta"(not am exact quote, but plenty of examples to choose from in this thread).. it does indeed matter and totally invalids a point, as you can't ascertain what the point is. Agreed that the answer has been given and the thread should be closed.

It doesn't matter, when the point gets across. But there are so many examples of double and triple negatives in this thread, that the point isn't getting across at all. That is the problem.

I also, happen to have a lot of respect for the English language, as it is how I communicate my thoughts/feelings/opinions with others. And I take pride in being able to be seriously, clearly and unquestionably understood. I see no reason others who want thoughts taken the same way, shouldn't as well.

wow talk about broken english hahahahaha

I assume you are referring to your own. Proper punctuations, separate paragraphs, proper spelling. If you think my post was on some way broken to the extent of your previous posts, do show me.

To the person talking about others not speaking the language, that's cool. There are areas of the forum for you. Google translator is not a substitute, as it translates more broken English than a non native speaker just trying on their own.

Spoiler

Making the game even for all players? That's what will happen if skill reset books are handed out. You really have no idea what you're talking about, so I'm going to assume you're level 20 or lower now.

I think what they are trying to say is that, without the skill reset, it would be even for all players.. which isn't the case, but if I'm following this thread of broken English correctly, it seems that their mindset is that, since they didn't spend skill points on anything and saved them.. other people that did should accept that they made a 'mistake' (more on that in a moment), and that somehow, not giving out skill reset books is what is fair and 'even'.

First, let me talk about the 'mistake'. No. Just no. It was not a mistake for players to spend skill points on starter class skills. This is a "Pre-Open Beta", it is designed so that the mass players can help test for potential bugs in the features of the client. This includes any skills that may not update properly when skill points are placed in to them, or maybe don't work properly at all.. which you wouldn't know without not saving those skill points.

Second. Giving out a skill book to all players.. in no way hinders your ability to play the game. If you're for some reason upset that this may harm your ability to #wrek people online, boo-fucking-hoo. Your character is going to be deleted at the close of this "Pre-Open Beta" regardless, so being the 'best' in a PvP arena where others are not skilled correctly due to it being a test environment, means jack shit.

Third. Giving out the skill book, will in no way hinder the market (which doesn't matter anyway because of the previously mentioned wipe), so anyone worried about that (honestly can't tell.. because the broken English is strong in this thread) can get over it. The current market is worthless, and frankly we should be selling things at low prices to make sure the listing/buying/selling/sending of items and zeni works properly for all items.. but of course that's not going to happen.

Finally, on the original topic. How about we just relax and let the Master Class update come out first, before we start worrying about what should be done? For all any of us know, a skill reset is going to happen when the server goes down for that update anyway.

Anti-afk check every 3 hours:
    ka643o.png
    if you are afk then you will be kicked from server.

Second option (afk system): when player joins the server - afk-system start checking the player's X, Y and the Z pos, if for the specific time the X, Y and the Z pos is the same, player will be warned "Please respond within 10 seconds or you will be kicked".

That's a bot checker. It only pop'd if you were killing too many mobs in x amount of time.

I think that doing quests and killing a certain number of mobs (maybe one token every 10 mobs) would be a great way to earn tokens, because you are actually playing to get them...

That would equal 35,000 mobs killed, just to get Kame dogi. If he is insistent that he changes the system, the reward value (tokens per action) needs to be changed as well, and it needs to go up dramatically, not down from it's current number. That's how balancing works. You make something less frequent, you increase the number got, to offset the decrease in frequency.

You don't sell it back to them anyway. This is why they give you a receipt. Bring in your things, along with the receipt they are required to give you by law, and inform them that they do not work. They will swap them out for other working pre owned ones if it turns out they actually don't work.

Go watch the Olympics, get a tan, hit on a girl, play the backlog of games you should have due to steam summer sales.. TONS of others things you can do for a few weeks while you wait patiently for an update.

I'm sorry, that was worded awkwardly. I was referring to prefer having to not run the PQs in XV1 anymore, but I'm stuck doing that to help unlock skills and outfits/level up my buddy.

I love the PQ system, and can't wait to do it again in XV2. I just hope they don't introduce Super Armor as a "see, it's hard mode now" and totally nerf the ability to have a good melee build to run PQs.

Hmm, the quote feature isn't working on my mobile, sorry about that. I'll just try to reply in order.

Yeah, it's worth it. It was confirmed that the more you have unlocked, the more you'll start with in XV2. Doesn't mean everything you have will be unlocked, but I imagine it'll be like Budokai 3 with B2 save data. You have some extra skills unlocked, depending on your 'completion' %.

Was also confirmed some of the outfits will carry over. The only one that hasn't been expressly talked about is the 'Z-souls', which are called Super Souls now. But I imagine that DIMPS wouldn't leave them out.

Working fan theory right now is, if having the skills/souls doesn't automatically give you some skills/souls, they will likely give you a zeni boost to afford skills right off the bat. So all that transfers, including the character.

As for my liking Xenoverse a lot, yes and no. It's a fun DBZ game, but has faults see SSJ spam, (which isn't a big deal in high level play, but disappointing to see) or the RNG to get an 'ultimate finish', on top of the RNG for getting the drop.. Ect.

I played in all the tournaments and with the exception of the first 2, I placed top 20. Sure I can at least see top 15 with the balancing that seems to have taken place, in XV2. Wouldn't call it the best DBZ title, as that is totally subjective and there is no real objective way to look at a game, outside of pure technical aspects, such as optimal coding, but I would list it iny top 5.

Lastly, I'd like to not have to play PQs anymore, but want my buddy to have at least something when it launches. But thank you for noting the biblical levels of devotion xD

Yep. Have every skill in the game. Have most of the outfits, and every Z-soul. Now I have to help a buddy get all that back, or as much as possible in 2 months, which took me about a year >_<

100%'d Xenoverse.. Have the Platinum trophy on my PS4 to prove it. Trust me, I got that PTSD. If that wasn't enough, my buddy had to start over, his save was corrupted and we're getting ready for XV2, so we had to start running PQ's for him again. Ran the quest for Kaioken x20 last night 14 times before it dropped.

Wtf. Did they just straight copy some transformations from DBO. Buu turns into majin kid buu and namek into great namek. Lol

They did the same thing with the story in XV1. DBO didn't get a global release, so Bandai Namco is basically sitting on the story that a majority of the population never got to play. Overall XV and XV2 are just DBO, with slight alterations in the story.

Note, when referencing DBO's story, obviously we're talking about key story plot points involving the travling back through time.