Posts by macdaddymario

We're just going to have to agree to disagree on this. Goku was a human for all intents and purposes back in Dragon Ball. The idea of Saiyans didn't pop up till much later. The whole idea of Krillin and Tien's character goes to show that while their power is lacking, there is something to be said for the 'heart' a human fighter has. They are what kept the series grounded, and if immersion is important to you, you should be able to understand that.

But I digress. I think their awakening is awesome, and the idea of giving the most OP race in XV, a speed AND reach upgrade with their awakening.. is amazing. Though it also now scares me thinking what they must have done to nerf them to make these buffs balanced. Anyone playing VX seriously knows, humans are OP, and any character with a staff is possibly the most dangerous thing to exist.

I heard all the animations are done for ESF. That leaves models and maps and etc.

Yep. Animations themselves are 100%. Still aligning with character models in clashes, models, vfx, sfx, maps... still a list is what I'm getting at, but very much well on the way to a release.

Old thread, I know. But I'd like to see an MMO based on the feudal period of Japan. Starting your journey by aligning yourself with a Diamyo in the feudal Japan period. You perform protection and other quests for your Diamyo, and come to a point where your Diamyo dies, leading to you becoming a Rōnin. Roaming the land, choosing not to commit seppuku. You now are a sword for hire, whom upon not committing seppuku are already forced to suffer great shame. So the now warring Samurai can hire you to kill other Samurai who are in line to replace the Diamyo. With your word being worthless, as a Rōnin was, nothing you can say will matter.. and if you are caught or killed while trying to assassinate a Samurai who is in higher standing, the Samurai that hired you gets away clean.

All this of course leading to you being hired by other Samurai to kill off Diamyo you helped put in to that position, along with other quests from peasants. Protecting someone making a long travel between the regions, security detail for a supply caravan... I think it'd be a fantastic setting for an MMO. Plenty of beautiful swords, armors, locations, ideals and ideologies.

And kinda stupid too. The game looks fine, but I think Humans are completely irrelevant and shouldn't be playable in the first place. It's just a Saiyan-copypaste with slightly different stats and no cool transformation at all, lamest and weakest race in the entire franchise, and their ''awakening'' should be able to be used by any other race from a lore-standpoint, if they removed them they could give the Kintōun to all races and everyone would be much happier.
    Hell, even Yardrats would be much cooler, who wouldn't want to fight as a blue dwarf with a giant head? I certainly would.
    180?cb=20150721215431&path-prefix=es
    Look at this little beast, if I saw him face to face I would have a heart attack in an instant.

You must not have played competitively. Humans are the most OP race in XV, and are more often than not the winners of tournaments.

False, super buu is in fact, stronger than kid buu. It's just that kid buu was chaotic and unpredictable while super buu was calculating and cocky, which ultimatey led to his defeat

This. Kid Buu is actually the weakest form of Buu. The FUNImation dub doesn't convey that message properly.

How you do that "AA 32x"? (I'm sure you have AMD GPU and AMD Control Panel)It worked everything nice color saturation and very sharp, my settings: "FXAA" + "16x AA" + "Higher quality" from Nvidia Control Panel.

dbosetting_zps5pyk238s.png

Anisotropic Filtering -16x
    AA FXAA - on
    AA Mode - set it to override any application settings
    AA Setting - 32x CSAA
    AA Transarency - 8x (Supersample)

For anyone that have a hard time seeing the text on the image.

dbosetting2_zpspbrs0i6q.png

Texture Filtering - anisotriopic sample optimization off
    Texture Filtering - Negative LOD bias Clamp
    Texture Filtering - High quality
    Texture Filtering - Trilinear optimization on
    Threaded optimization - on
    Triple buffering - on
    V-sync - on

added the second half of my settings, in there was any more questions.

That would be a new transformation for nameks, would be nice. And it would even be better if it had the same effect on the dbz GBA games, if you became super namek, your ep gets drained while your health recovers, but your power didn't go up that much. And since namekians are a tank/support class, this would be very nice.

Right, they are tanks, but they also need that EP to keep mobs taunted and rooted and pulled to them.

Evolutive, to be fair, the Nameks were already tanks in XV1. So I can easily see them just making them more tanky to offset a power boost from other races.

As far as SSJ3 is concerned, it's a non issue.We know you don't get unlimited ki anymore from SSJ. We know that SSJ1 and 2 seem to not drain your energy, however SSJ3 does (slowly, but if you watch the recent videos, you can see SSJ3 drains ki). We also know that no matter which from, SSJ1-3, getting hit and hitting others gives you no ki back. So you now have no choice but to use charge super, or decend once your ki is empty, unless you intend to fight without super moves for the remainder of the fight.

So where balance is in question, it seems like they've done a lot of work to fix the issues of the previous game in regards to balance and character customization. Like Evolutive said, the real question is about the connectivity issues. I understand that XV was the best selling DBZ game to date, so they had no idea how many players to expect on Day One last time... Hopefully they have learned from that mistake, time will tell.

Maybe because it was OP af. I mean, I loved killing my enemies with ease, but it also just didn't seem right, at least not at level 36 xD
    Now it's pretty DBO-like, in the Taiwanese version x2 and x3 didn't do shit, at least not after it was nerfed, afaik.

As I recall, after the official nerf, Kaioken x2 and so on increased crit damage. But that was it after the initial Kaioken buff.

Nope, but if you are a martial artist you could make a build that is focused in energy attacks, but i dont think it would be a good build xD

May work alright for quest PvE stuff. The Burning Attack is one of the largest AOE attacks in the game. Wouldn't be effective running solo, but in a group, you could definitely have fun shooting ki blasts and blowing yourself up as a SM.

Proof. Give us proof that's how it works. If you don't have proof, then what you're saying is complete speculation

To be fair to him, I already offered an example of where credibility for that overall idea comes from, but if we were all being honest, it's pure speculation on both sides of the fence.

There's no canon example of anyone with less than 50% Saiyan blood being able to transform, and in DBO you have to make a wish to Shenron to unlock that latent power. And at the same time, there is no canon evidence to the contrary.

To whoever of was that said genetics don't work that way, we know. But Goten and Trunks becoming SSJ in the main timeline, at the age they do, lend credibility to the (albeit) silly theory that as Goku and Vegeta were stronger when they were conceived (in the main timeline, since Trunks doesn't transform in his timeline till he's already a teenager), they ended up stronger at birth.

I still don't see the point. At the end of Z, it is never stated, manga or anime, that Pan diluted Saiyan blood can't make her achieve the transformation, she is simply never shown to use/achieve it yet. Hell, she even punches Goten in the face. And we all loved that.

We can safely assume that Pan has been being trained by Goku, unlike Goten at his younger age. Goten became an SSJ training with his mother, by accident. So for Pan to not be an SSJ at her age, yet clearly be stronger than Goten, trained by Goku, adds credibility to the fact that a more diluted Saiyan bloodline = less ability to use the transformation.

Meanwhile, as you said, we all know Goten can become a SSJ by that point, yet Pan beats him. Going to further add evidence on the side of the debate where training > a transformation. Hell, all of Super up to this point has gone to show this very thing itself. They don't use the higher levels of SSJ when in a serious fight, and instead focus on training in their base and SSJ forms.

Except with the right gear and using the right buffs before you transform, you can bring the cooldown of the skill to under 20 minutes. Don't know why you assume you can't use buffs, since most of the buffs clearly state "can be used in SSJ". The EP drain is what makes it balanced. As it stands, a Turtle Hermit can stay in SSJ forever. A reduction in the drain would totally break Fighters and Swordmasters. One has a stupid high attack speed, and the other can crit you 3 times... 4 if you're lucky, and the fight is over.

We saw Goku/Vegeta Jr. do that in GT. Putting aside personal feelings for that series, DBO is based strictly off the manga. Anything that was anime only is excluded. So you can't use that for lore reference purposes in DBO related content.

So all we have to go on, is Pan at the end of Z, in terms of what happens the more and more diluted the Saiyan blood gets vs potential of lost power. And it's a perfect example of why the training is what matters in the time of DBO, and not the transformation it self.

I didn't say it was. I was just noting that as the game is using copyrighted material in the forms of characters/names/designs/worlds/stories and the like; there are legal grounds for the rights holders to stand on if they want to throw their weight around. This is the risk you run while accepting donations, it removes the "Fair Use" claim that you can defend yourself and your free project with.

Does that mean that this project *WILL* be shut down? No. As I talked about before, ESF used to have a donation page, and they have been around for 10 years. During the height of the Budokai and Tenkaichi Budokai game releases, and Toei/Bird Studio/Bandai and (at the time) Atari didn't bother them. Just making sure that everyone knows that, *IF* legal action was taken, odds are that DBOG would end up shut down.

That wasn't the point they were making though, and you know it. There is no tangible evidence to support less/more Saiyan blood = more/less power. However, with Pan as an example, it stands to reason that the less Saiyan blood in the person, the harder it becomes to transform. It would also stand to reason that the transformation would have less Saiyan blood to "invigorate" and thus would be less powerful.

Either way, the point here is that this is a video game. And as a result, you have NO choice but to sacrifice potential lore in favor of balance. Even more so in a game that has a heavy PvP focus. A "50x multiplier" for a character with, at best 0.7% Saiyan blood, is silly and is easily something that can and *WAS* written off as reasoning. It's not even an ability that the average human in the game can obtain, no matter how much they train. You LITERALLY have to wish for Shenron to unlock your latent Saiyan blood, to achieve the transformation.