Posts by KizzyDog

DBOG is not moving quickly the guy has been working on it since Jan 2015 so its 1year and 8months but technically its less than that because he restarded coding the server from 0 like 2 times and according to what he said and the time which took him he is making the server side from 0 i mean just look at other MMORPGS they already have a 100% game in a short time because the server files are leaked. Atleast he still has motivation to complete this game

You have no idea how long it takes to recreate a dead game. SWGEMU began in 2004. It is now 2016, 12 years later. And a lot of the major features that were in the original Star Wars Galaxies are still not in the emulator yet.

The fact that Daneos was able to get this far basically by himself in only around a year and a half is incredibly fast.

idk but i dont think they just grabbed the game and now running it there is another revival server still in progress i heard them say they took care of copyright issues so i think this team might have done the same if it was possible for them then its possible for this team too

The only way to get around the copyright issue is to completely code everything server side from scratch. For a good example of this, see the SWGEMU. The reason the revival server says that the copyright issues are taken care of, as well as why it's taking such a long, long time for them to even release a playable public version, is most likely because they're coding everything server side.

Given how quickly DBOG is moving, I'm assuming some of the server side code is left over from the original game, AKA Bandai's code.

crap so he may even get a fined?? but since they gave up on the game why should they bother??

Because it's still their intellectual property.

Imagine if you had a game, then shut it down. Then years later you find out someone else has taken your game, started it back up again, and is now making money off of it. Wouldn't you be a bit upset?

wait if they own it it means they have authority over it does that mean they can snatch it from you when they want??

Yes. I've heard a lot of people spreading rumors that Daneos bought the rights to DBOG from Bandai. The sheer absurdity of that is remarkable. Unless Daneos was a multi-millionare, he's not buying anything. Bandai still own the rights to DBO and they can shut this down whenever they want. Even more so given the fact that Daneos is making a profit off of it through cash shop sales.

yep,gotta agree...its quite sad actually,thing is that the crowd that played mmos werent like this in the past.
    i still remember my days of playing SWG,i built myself homes close to the spaceports and there i would keep in storage special backpacks filled with goodies that newbie players would use,like weapons,speeder mount,etc,etc.

i swear i cant even remember anyone begging,i do remember new players being very polite...they just aproached you and kindly ask for some information since they were new to the game.
    i always liked helping those,i spent whatever time i would need to spend to get them up to speed and give them info on what proffesions to pick and how to make some money while they leveling,after chatting with them i would tell them to wait and i would go to my house and pick a backpack for them...it felt good you know? to help new players which in time would be a great addition to the server,also made a lot of good friends like that.

but i dont know,seems the mmo crowd has been getting worst and worst with the years,words like please and thank you seem to have been erased from the minds of the players,a lot of them are just bossy and have entitlement issues beh,i probably sound like an old man when he says coke-cola was like 5 cents in his days rofl but this is just what ive noticed over the years...

What server were you on in SWG? I started playing in 2004 on Starsider.

That's pretty hilarious that kid is trying to literally blackmail you into deleting your video of him abusing a bug. And this is in a beta. Nitamande sure are getting out of control. Can't wait for that bug abusing guild to have a mass exodus performed on them.

Sad. Just more proof that the majority of players are vastly underaged.

I think adding a proofreader will minimize incorrect grammar, punctuation etc. Minor mistakes can alter the entire meaning of a sentence. It also looks very unprofessional.

I'm quite proficient in the English language, If my services are needed, I'll gladly contribute.

I asked about doing this exact same thing, but never got a response.

Yeah there is? the next update will be the transfer over to open beta, which will be a data wipe? its all over the forums...... to quote daneos the next update is the "big" one.... ^^ trying to be a smart ass for no reason

You must be smoking something. I dunno what forum you've been visiting or what quotes you've been subscribing to, but you're completely wrong.

This is probably already known, but I couldn't find any reports on it. Either that, or something is just bugged on my end.

The guild logo shows up on the Simple Dogi in the character select screen, but it does not actually show up in game.

a18a9c630a.jpgf339b0f069.jpg

Since everyone is being so technical, it's actually called "Grammer" not English so maybe you should learn the difference.

I find it hilarious you're trying to call someone out on their "broken English" and yet you can't even spell the word "grammar" correctly. Not only that, you show poor grammar yourself by capitalizing "grammer" and failing to properly punctuaize your sentence. xHotPockets wrote in perfectly understandable sentences with almost perfect grammar. If there was a worse person that you could have attempted to call out on for "broken English" it would be him.

It's not as simple as swapping animations. You would have to code an entirely new system that allows you to manually switch which auto attack function you want to use, or code in a parameter that automatically switches which auto attack function you used based off of range.

It would be extremely complex, and seeing as how we only have one developer who is a lot more focused on adding in back things that were in the live game to begin with rather than new features, this will absolutely never happen. Just like almost every other suggestion on this subforum.

Here's a tip that applies to almost every suggestion in this forum - Everything you think will be "easy" to add in, is most likely extremely complex and difficult and would require a team of people to tackle, not just one person.

I agree, what was the purpose of this thread?

It would be like me making a thread saying "Hey guys I hope the sun comes up tomorrow, anyone else hoping the sun comes up soon?"