Posts by Rob

I'm sick of these new players thinking 1-30 is the most important part of the game like wtf, nothing is going to happen to you if there's players who are level 30 and you are level 1.

50+ Dollars or nothing.

DO you plan on buying the stone?

No? What makes you think you have the right to dictate price ranges if you're not spending any money at all?
    Yes? You are a rich ass motherfucker, and you are willing to pay a heavily inflated price. A item that gives no advantage to the casher besides skipping 1-30 shouldn't be so pricey.

Again, this item is most likely going to be used by previous DBO players.. We know what to do when we get to level 33. Not having gear is definitely a con to the upgrade stone, but we know what to from there.. This is why I highly suggest new players to stick to the mainstream leveling system.

Also why can't people understand, it's not only the fact that level 1-30 is time consuming, it's the fact that it's the learning phase of the game. We old players don't need to deal with that for the 10th time..

How would you like to go to preschool 5 times before getting to highschool?

Heh! I remember that when i played DBO, i got the stone that make you go lvl 33 XD but i did not used it, only on my other character later, but still, i did all the missions that were under my lvl. Now about putting this in the cash shop, this is a bad idea, just give those stones to everyone, 1 or 2, but just to a limited time like in the original DBO, because these stones really help if you want to make another character and put him on lvl 30 already because for me, at least, the game really start when you get in this lvl and do the adult quest.

This is a somewhat decent idea, however it should be in the cash shop. Later on in the game, like in TW servers, maybe Daneos can gift everyone one lvl 33 stone to use for any character.

This is another case of Wait-to-win vs Pay-to-win. Getting high level paying gives you acces to high-value items before the rest of the people, so you can make a higher profit than if you power-level like the rest. I'm up to put the 33 item a month or so after the release of the beta.

Explain to me how this is Pay-to-Win situation? You can easily get to level 30 yourself by questing if you want. This doesn't give us access to high level items just because we get to a high level. And yo, level 33, is nothing, it's not a high level and it's not going to give us any advantage over any other players in terms of game play. There's no important armors/weapons.. it's level 30... the level cap is 70.

This is exactly what I've been trying to say. People are so clueless about this game it's ridiculous.

Here's my last bit that i'm going to add. I'm sure I covered everything else regarding this topic.

The only time the cash shop will be unfair, is if it gives access to an item that a free player cannot get otherwise, such as a unique weapon, armor or dogi. In this case, the level 33 item just increases level instantly. It doesn't give any special advantages besides saving time.

Free players can get to 33 as they please without paying any money. Besides, you're playing free, you can't expect to get the same benefits as someone who is making payments.

Lots of information given! Thanks for sharing this. But damn you, because of you Roli, every turtle in DBOG gonna be OP!

I myself dont have a problem with buying a level token or whatever like in Swtor
    my main issue here is that this game is a WIP, even before the original shutdown, cutting off half the contented just because u have the money to do so will just starve you in the end waiting for new content to be released, which honestly who knows when that will be

it doesn't feel like a smart entertainment move, if that makes sense

There's barely no content between level 1-30 besides UD1, TMQ1 and RP1. And again, I'm stressing this, as very old DBO players, you think experiencing the 1-30 "content" all over again for the 5th time is going to make the game more fun or make the players stay longer.

A lot of people played DBO because of DragonBall Z and ... the drama lol. If you're a person who's into game content, you won't get passed level 50 in this game because you will be bored af.

I don't see why it should be delayed? So what if it gets you level 33 in one day. Regardless, people are going to get to level 30 in one day just by questing. It's not like everyone is going to or supposed to progress at the same pace.

And since this game has been running for years before it shutdown, there should be an option like the 33 stone upgrade so veteran players don't have to forcefully, learn the game again. This is a server revival isn't it, it isn't a brand new game. We've already learned the game and experienced the first 30 levels. Why force those players to do it again. Give us the option to skip it, and alternatively, the new players can level up normally.

Just forget about the stones. People's opinions are too mixed to even consider adding it in the game... It will be better for everyone's sake...

It's something that's already in the game, he shouldn't take it out just because there's a mixed number of reactions. As long as there's people willing to use it, it shouldn't be taken OUT of the game..

It seems you do not understand, You get GIANT, GIANT!! advantage , if you buy instant Open beta ,Open, all players lv 1, and you lv 33?, all players lv 33, and you 50 +? come on, Instant 33 only good after 2 or 3 weeks next open beta

None of that matters, it's not a race for first person to level 70. There will always be a player gap no matter what. New players join all the time, lvl 1 when everyone is 70, they have some catching up to do but that doesn't make the game broken.

Having players that are above the average level is going to be useful. Things like UD, RP's and TMQ's are hard to do with a party all at the same level, you will need a higher lvl player's help. Some quests in DBO will be nearly impossible to do without this.

so again. youre too poor to buy it so you dont want other people to buy it? this is what im getting from all this (not you, but people in general)

Exactly what I'm trying to point out. That's the mentality of this player base that I'm getting. People just don't want other people cashing, and if they can't stop that, just raise the prices so the free players can be happy. The game heavily relies on people cashing, so be happy. It's our money that is helping to keep the game up and running.

If you no have time to play games. Do not play.

If you want play games for fun and with friends, you can play and lv up, day by day , players leveling for "Ranking" for example, if you buy stone 33 Lvs, you fuck all players. (Sorry for my bad English, not is my Main Language)

Having little time to play and having no time to play are very different.
    If you don't have the money to get cash points, do not buy anything. Your input on prices is not needed as you aren't making any payments and aren't spending any money, so.. please. Keep your mouth shut regarding prices.

80% Players here, can pay EASY for it, but not is fun, you kill all fun buying a lv 33 stone. Early Open beta, all players want play too much to be better than others, if you buy stone, you kill all fun and competitive to lv 33. I do not know if you understand me
    (English not my Main Language)

If 80% can pay for it, it should be fine then correct? Just 20% who pulled the unlucky straw. That seems like a decent range of numbers. If practically everyone can get it, it shouldn't be a problem.

And no, buying the stone doesn't kill the fun, maybe for newer players yeah. If you are new player I highly suggest leveling to 30 by yourself because you learn important aspects of the game. However, for most players from DBO... leveling 1-30 for the 10th time... is not fun..

Also I already see new players complaining about the wipe... They already don't want to level up again. So as far as I see it, this item is okay at a decent price. It should be character binded as well.

Well, not really. I actually want to prevent from people instantly getting lv 33 on their new characters. That's why I said to make it obtainable on much higher level than 33 so you won't abuse it. It should be obtainable even on level 50 to be honest...

Why would you want to prevent that, what's wrong it, that all I want to know? If you have time to get to 33 in a day that's awesome, but why take that from players who pay to do it?

If you're feeling like you don't have enough time to properly play a game then you really don't. If you don't you probably shouldn't even be playing.

So you're essentially saying that paying for an item to get me to lvl 33 is not "properly" playing? Just because I choose to fast track doesn't mean I don't have the time to level. I've done it countless times before, I can do it again. But if there is an item that will save me time which is at an affordable price. Obviously I'll use it.

But this playerbase is so against the usage of money for the game, they'll vote to increase prices so people who pay will have a harder time.

I was also a player in the old DBO game. Taiwanese server.

There's nothing wrong with you choosing to level your character in a free way. Just like there's nothing wrong with me buying an item which was already in the game before, to level me up.