Posts by Speeder

You also have to remember that not everyone is able to donate to the server. There may be some kids who play DBO and they don't exactly have a credit card or a PayPal or anything like that. There's also a time constraint for these people since school is starting back up and as a result they can't play as often. So some of the stuff in the token shop are the only things they'd be able to get without grinding for hundreds of millions of Zeni to buy cash shop items at ungodly inflated prices on the exchange.

I'd just like to point out that Quick Attack isn't Swordsman and Hypnosis isn't Turtle Hermit. Hypnosis is Spiritualist and Quick Attack is Martial Artist. These skills are completely unaffected by whatever sub-class you choose at least in regards to how they function at base (meaning disregarding stat totals). The only way to make say Quick Attack work differently for Swordsman sub-class over Fighter sub-class is to clone the skill and add that clone to the Swordsman sub-class skills screen, which of course would break balance even more. This would give anyone choosing that sub-class an extra skill use on a skill that needed a nerf to begin with.

------Class Name: Martial Artist

----Skill or Passive name: Kidney Shot, Quick Attack

--Current skill effect:
    Kidney Shot: deals damage from melee range and stuns.

Quick Attack: Closes the gap on targets from 25m, deals damage, and stuns.

--Things you'd like to add or change in that skill: Make the stun effect a percentage chance, not an absolute. Starting at 10% for Quick Attack and 15% for Kidney Shot. Make this chance scale with the level of the skill by 10-15% per skill level, capping at 65% max. At least as far as PvP is concerned. If not possible, reduce the duration of the stun, or make it based off of hit rate vs. dodge rate as a second check.

EXP Boosters (Level 31-40, 41-50) Account bound, these can be redeemed easily if players are spending Levels 1-30 doing all the quests and that.

1 or 2 more Dogi's, account bound. Whatever dogi's are put here should not be made available via events or put on the cash shop. Before determining this, a study should be made on which dogi's players actually value more than others, and put some of the least valuable ones on there.

Popo Banks, a slow, agonizing way to convert Tokens into Zeni. Preferably up for about 2000 tokens per bank, making the exchange rate 1 token for 10 Zeni considering the banks sell for 20,000 Zeni. If nothing else, a quick boost to help repair broken equipment.

Crafting recipes for consumables, things like the stat boosting potions. This way, you're not exactly getting a free powerful boosting item and have to put forth the materials and Zeni to craft them. Make these recipes and crafted items account bound as well.

A unique piece of headgear specific to the token shop, but with different color variants. The specific headgear I'm thinking of is a headband of similar design to the one Bardock wears.

Better LP/EP pills. The food and drink items are fine as they are.

I'd like to thank everyone for their help. I've found all the files and identified what they do, and have successfully swapped the styles client-side.

3c8ae2ec17f235ea2c42e21dbe6b30dd.png

This topic can be closed now. Again, thank you for your help.

Unfortunately, the extent of my knowledge on modding is simply switching files out and around. And I know next to nothing about whatever the hell this all is. To add to that, I don't know how to open a lot of these file extensions and I don't feel like spending hours/days on end figuring out what every thing is. Also, the link you sent me is in regards to Dogi's, not hair style, so they are unrelated.

Hey, so I'd like to replace a Super Saiyan hairsyle with another one that already exists.

This is the hairstyle I want to replace.
    4f233a7af8006ae42ef7ad4bd0df09cb.png

And this is the hair style I want to replace it with.
    db3b00dd3ec11b39c4445d47c66b7321.png

Can anyone help me with doing this? Because I don't know where the styles are.

Alright, after looking through the skills list of each race, I noticed something strange.

Namekians and Majins both get skills that are only usable while their unique transformations are activated, but Humans do not.

So I have to ask, does anyone know the exact stat buffs/drain rates for each transformation?

i like your idea but i think u meant "lower" instead of high here right? i mean you already say they give you very few ingradients per quest so the requirements should actually be lower to balance

Well, it would depend on the recipe, but yes. I'm talking the rarer things such as Dogi's or reset books that would be high in requirements. This also serves as an alternate way to get these things by stockpiling ingredients instead of having to spend money in the cash shop.

Okay, so I've noticed that a bunch of quests let you choose an ingredient reward (i.e. Gold, Coconuts, Bamboo, ect.), and of all current recipes in the game (excluding Papaya Island, as I have not been able to access that yet), there exist 0 that use these ingredients. So my suggestion is to use these ingredients for recipes for things like Dogi's, strong medicines for healing, even things like single point skill reset books.

Since these quests give very few ingredients per quest, and force you to choose 1 of 3 ingredients each time, setting the ingredient requirements high for certain things would help keep them balanced. Otherwise, these ingredients just collect dust in banks/inventories, or are just sold for a minimal amount of Zeni, if not just downright discarded. This would help give them a use for crafting, and incentivize the use of crafting and leveling crafting skills.

You are reported for calling me an idiot.

I'd love to meet the Moderator who warns me for THAT when you've clearly called the game developers and the players "retarded" and constantly criticize the game. And I highly doubt you're a game designer since you cannot see the immense help this "pre-beta" is doing for both the game developers AND the players.

That would just be alpha or simply "beta". Maybe closed beta if it was limited. Pre-beta is not a term anyone actually uses because it's silly.

Not entirely. The game is still being built upon and fixed up. It's our job as testers to root out and report any bugs we find.

...So you're an idiot. Got it.

A pre-beta is a period of testing in which a server is opened to the public in order to root out bugs and gather public opinion on what should be changed/added/removed. After such a time has pass where all, if not the vast majority of bugs have been rooted out, the server will enter a roll-back state in regards to player progress, i.e. a character wipe. This is done to balance the game out in the event that certain bugs caused characters to become over powered, gain access to things they couldn't normally get, or just to apply changes to things they experienced that no longer exist so they're not unbalanced.

You're right that normally a test case for an MMO is a private beta in which around 1,000 or so people are chosen as bug testers. However, DBO is a game with 4 channels consisting of a 500 player limit for each one. That means that currently, the server capacity is 2,000 players. And even then it's straining the server. This pre-beta is also a great way to stress-test the server to see how many people it can hold, and how much data it can send out and receive at once, so that come release, players are not stuck waiting for weeks/months on end because the server couldn't handle this much stress.