Posts by EchoSon

daneos removed the ítems ( instante 30) cause he said is p2w, go and read the topic. And i am agree with him

If that's p2w, what about autopots? They don't even activate your healing item cooldown. I don't understand why those are still cash shop exclusive items. ...or in the game at all. They make such a humongous difference in PvP and TMQs/UDs. That's all end-game stuff.

Stuck_Talk.png
    In TMQ2 when Trunks started talking and we warped towards the caves, Trunks would not shut up. Ever. He insisted I'd know about that Dragonball Radar no matter what, so I was stuck listening to him until a bad guy began talking near the pier at the end of the caves.

While I was dashing in a TMQ, a "manga cutscene" played, and when it stopped, I was still in my dashing animation and was completely stuck, unable to move or do anything. It fixed itself much later when another manga cutscene played against Great Ape Vegeta.

Stuck_Dash.png

TMQ bugs I found so far.

-No TMQ armor drops, nor is there a select armor screen at the end like in DBO KR.
    -Mobs spawn and are active during cutscenes, leaving for any bad situations.
    -Cutscenes overlap sometimes, where Trunks is still talking, but the manga plays over it.
    -Not sure if intentional(since this makes no sense), but you can't Instant Transmission out of a TMQ to the real world any more.
    -If you kill the last row of enemies before the Raditz boss in TMQ2, before their cutscene plays, Raditz never spawns and you're stuck in TMQ2 until you relog.
    -In TMQ2, it kicked me straight out of the TMQ after I defeated Raditz. It didn't even give me any time to pick up whatever he dropped.

It's too early to call Swordsmen "useless" compared to Fighters. We don't how it'll end up in DBO-G.

Dodge is worthless atm, resistance is still slightly off and doesn't cut debuff time like in retail, attack speed's bugged right now, and Kaioken may not have it's crit stacking abilities later in DBOG which severely nerfs needles.

Depending on how calculations end up Fighters could be one of the worst classes, due to being so reliant on RNGesus. They're not automatically destined for greatness because they were great in retail.

I don't think you've paid attention to what it actually does if you think this is going to be permanent. It raises all stats by 1%, just like Super Saiyan. So there's no reason to use Kaioken OR Super Saiyan atm(stats-wise), PERIOD, because they're bugged.

How about a third row of equipment, where we can put any armor we want just for the sake of appearance? Having anything in these third slots overrides any armor and dogis (maybe auras too??), but does not affect stats. Something like this:
    |
    V

Extended_Bar.png

There could even a be cash shop item that "unlocks" this feature, since it's purely a cosmetic luxury that didn't exist in retail DBO.

We'd see a lot more unique looking people this way. The only thing this doesn't solve is the game still forcing you to wear silly hats and glasses just for the dogi ball effects. Could we just get invisible dogis/hats/glasses for that if Dogi balls absolutely have to stay?

NTL probably thought the game would get another CC dungeon update, so floor 150 wasn't ever intended to be the "final" one. Buuut funding must've stopped and that was the end of that, so we're stuck with a lame weasel-thing with a hat as the final boss.

....yeah okay, that's anti-climatic. Replacing it with a CC version of Mira's battle someday or something, that'd be pretty epic.

I still don't know why anyone would use the MA Energy Attacks. If for KD reasons, you can be paralyzed or stunned midway as you use your attacks... so it wont work at any cost!

The trick is to time the knockdown right as they'd recover from a knockdown/stun, before they can do anything about it . Try and use the Concentrated Kamehameha when there's 1 second of stun left. Most races can't use this much in Budokai/Ranked since they don't give you time to charge RP, but Swordsman have a buff that instantly gives 2 free RP bars!

It may seem like pointless stalling since the attacks don't do much damage and you can only get 1 fast attack in at best, but stall enough and you'll have ANOTHER Kidney shot at your disposal. At that point, your enemy's done for. No-one's gonna survive an infinite chain of Quick Attack, Gravity Break/Sword Slash, Kidney Shot, Focused Gravity Break, Energy Recovery, Multiple Sword Slashes knockdown, Wolf Fang Fist, Concentrated Kamehameha knockdown, Energy Recovery, Multiple Sword Slashes knockdown, Focused Gravity Break, Kidney Shot, etc.

...time it wrong, though, and you've got trouble.

because....when tmqs come he will open the open beta.

You are VERY hopeful, aren't you? We'll still have the CC dungeon, first of all. And then a lot of important bugs need to be fixed. Can you imagine the Open Beta getting released without Poko Priests having access to their summons? Or the Majins without their Spin/Ball skills? Or before defense and skill dodges work? Or when the transformations are all broken? When Attack Speed is still stuttering? And when the netcode shows people dashing the wrong way, effectively killing PvP? When the Popo giftboxes still give you disabled armor/weapon coupons(and broken skill resets) when Daneos KNOWS he'll get a flood of people asking about it?

Not to mention all the little bugs and freezes that hamper gameplay. I can see him skipping on fixing a few optional quests and not translating the game 100% before OB. But I know he wanted the core game to be fully functional before the OB.

I realise you probably want the game to go to OB asap so you can not worry about the wipe, not caring if there's bugs or not. But from a dev's point of view, bugs in the core game are the reason he doesn't want permanent chars yet in the first place. There's still quite a bit to go.

You probably were under the impression this alpha was meant to be showed off for player fun, and got your expectations a little mixed up. It's just a bug test server for now. Creating a complex from-scratch server for a previously foreign exclusive game takes quite some online testing time. We've already come a long way, but this isn't fitted for everyone just yet.

I suggest you wait for the Open Beta if you were hoping for something more playable and ready-for-showcase. c:

It'll work sometimes, but it can be very dangerous. Big Bang's animation is fairly long, lasting for 1/2 more seconds even after you've fired the darn thing. You'll be taking damage the whole time if you've decided to aggro them first.(Unlike Turtles, you have no real AoE stun.)

Then let's hope to dear god that the mobs you're fighting have no ranged attack, or you just put yourself up for a death sentence. They'll be far out of reach away from your tiny Storm Strike. Even if these were no issues, relying on crits is foolish when you're dealing with this many mobs. What if you're unlucky and miss your critical Big Bang? Then Storm Strike may not even finish them off if they have good defense/LP!

If you want to lure enemies, there are other ways of doing it more safe and consistent. I'll name some:

-(My favorite)Final Flash+Big Bang. Final Flash has no afterlag and does fantastic damage. Just aim at a group of mobs, then immediately throw in a Big Bang. It'll finish off almost any group. Melee attackers often won't even get the chance to hit you at all.

-(Closest to your strategy)Ghost+Storm Strike+Big Bang. Use a Kamikaze Ghost to aggro the enemies, then jump into the fray with Storm Strike, finishing them off with a Big Bang. You won't have to deal with the initial aggro damage or Big Bang's afterlag, and if enemies have ranged attacks, they'll simply kill your ghost and leave you be if you didn't attack them.

-Solar Flare+Storm Strike. Use Speed Up(and Blitz Fist, if you can), then get a bunch of mobs to chase you. Make some distance until the mobs are lined up behind you, then suddenly dash into the middle of the mobs. Any ranged attackers will now attack you at close range. Use Solar Flare, then spam the crap out of Storm Strike. This one only works well if Solar Flare and Storm Strike are both maxed out. You won't need energy attacks, however.

-Ghost+Final Effort. Lure mobs to one spot with a ghost. Run up to enemies unnoticed and blow them to HFIL. If you have good spiritual attack on your gloves(or are an energy Fighter), a maxed Final Effort will kill any mob instantly. The setup can be tedious, though.

-Big Bang+Stronger Energy Barrage. Your strategy, except use Stronger Energy Barrage instead of Storm Strike. This one can still take a toll on your LP thanks to Big Bang's animation. But it's more reliable and can be used from a safe distance. You won't need a ghost, just a maxed out SEB. If high-defense/LP mobs survive, you'll always have a level 1 Storm Strike to fall back on.

Their best PvE attack, the "spin" doesn't work right now, so it's a bit harder to level. But the game is still very easy if you just put your SP into a bunch of attacks and power on through. Just remember to skill reset before you become an adult.

It's kind of like your race's specific "Ultimate skill", making you stronger than you ever would've been without it. (Or at least, in theory. Thunder and Kaioken say otherwise, but SSJ's still neat regardless) It makes sense you can't just spam it for every mob in the game.

It's no huge issue, though. If you want to deal with the resting periods while grinding, then you can just keep up Super Saiyan until the cooldown's back to 0. It's an unproductive approach, but hey, you're shiny and kill your enemies a bit faster!

maybe instead of that give a few transform pots in popo gift at lvl 20 so you can experience it for your self before lvl 40

I personally got a Super Saiyan pot from some old event and got to experience SSJ way before level 40. If we ARE putting SSJ at lvl 50, and we're removing tickets from the Popo Gift Box anyway, maybe at level 40 we can get a transformation pot from it.

At lvl 45, people start finding questing and such life difficult and overwhelming, that's why DBO lowered it from 50 to 40 in the first place. NO ONE WAS WILLING TO PUT THE WORK IN JUST FOR A FORM LIKE SSJ.

That's more of a problem with the game's grindyness and people's unwillingness to put in time. You get plenty of new moves up until level 46 no matter what class, so you're constantly rewarded. If people are going to quit before the reward flow stops anyway, why should we just randomly hand them Super Saiyan? That'll just give them ANOTHER reason to quit questing, since they already have everything they desire.

I think there will be some people who'll train and tough it out to lvl50 when they otherwise wouldn't have BECAUSE of the promise of becoming a Super Saiyan. It'll makes it harder too to quit the game since they've put in so much effort. Besides, at level 50 alot more fun stuff and areas are available than at level 40.

Making SSJ available from a very low lvl like 10, will make way much easier to lvl up a char.

Yes, and then we'll have more humans AND more Super Saiyans running around at the same time. That's exactly what we need!

Besides, you're missing so many other issues. Leveling up only starts taking time after the level 40 mark. AKA, when you can get Super Saiyan already anyway. Super Saiyan increases your power by percentage, so if you were a weak kid, you'd just be slightly stronger weak kid as a Super Saiyan. And how is a level 10 dude going to stay Super Saiyan for longer than 20 seconds? They'll have no EP to work with at all.

It's clear that people lust after Super Saiyan, and I get that. It's the most iconic cool-looking transformation in Dragonball. But instead of just GIVING it to people, why not increase the level requirement to 50? We're already given so many moves so early, that we almost have no incentive to level up other than just making our moves and stats stronger. Super Saiyan would be the perfect incentive and milestone for level 50! You'll really feel like you've come far and achieved a new plateau of power, rather than got just another level.

Plus, at lvl50, Martial Artists won't be struggling quite as much at keeping the transformation up either. Let's not even mention that this way, maybe everyone's first DragonBall wish WON't be Super Saiyan for once.

why don't ppl make guides like this for swordsman (there aren't any anyway)

I'm not sure Swordsmen need it as much. Fighter is one of the most versatile classes in the whole game. Swordmen not as much. They're good at cutting the BS and getting straight to the point. They're extremely reliable 1v1 damage dealers. Not to say there isn't some variance, but you can't give them a ton of different "specialties" like you can FIghters.

Why do u want a guide lol honestly learn the class on your own u will feel more OP following what u think is perfect rather than being a 'copy cat' and fail while you're using OP SM guides.

I think he meant a guide on skills like this one, not on builds specifically. It's very possible to get an okay-ish skill and think it's great because you've never experienced other great skills. DBO doesn't give you much in free skill resetting to experiment with.