Posts by EchoSon

What's are the plans for Dogi Balls in the future?

They force players to wear dogi's, masks, hats, etc, in order to have stronger character, despite dogi's and such being originally meant just for aesthetics. Dogi balls were also very P2W encouraging. That said, they were a fun way to add some extra customization to your character. Maybe add that extra 10% attack speed or energy for example.

So what should happen to them? If they can be made non-cash shop exclusive(Craftable? CC dungeon? Time Quest rewards?), and be applied to your gear instead of your dogi, that'd be pretty sweet in my opinion.

Transforming into a Super Saiyan doubles your maximum EP, however, your ACTUAL EP amount does not double. Meaning you start off with an half-empty EP bar.

Also, while I was a Super Saiyan, un-equipping all my gear and dogi's(gear gives me 14 extra ENG if that matters) turned me back to normal, despite having plenty of EP.

I dunno.....there's no profitable reason to NOT have your RP and buffs raised to the max, so you'd basically be running around with an aura the whole time. The only exceptions are in ranked PvP/Budokai, where for whatever reason the game spawns you with no RP at all.

I'm all for implementing auras, but they shouldn't be active 24/7. That'd dampen the impact of having an aura. I think the permanent aura from SSJ/Kaioken are good enough for now.

If Fighters can't dodge as well anymore through sheer luck, give them something else to make up for it so that they're not weaker Swordsmen. Dodging should just be a PVE luxury anyway.

Maybe an extra cooldown buff. Maybe give their swiftness buff guaranteed 1/2/3 dodges so that opponents can use their weaker attacks as a strategy to wear that buff down. Maybe a superarmor buff, that increases all defense by 200% for 20 seconds, or makes them super-resistant to all status effects for 20 seconds. Maybe a neat LP/EP/RP drain attack.

I always thought the fun in being a Fighter was the versatility, after all.

My late two cents on this overgrown topic....

Whatever can be gotten optionally with hard work should be allowed in the Cash Shop. EXP Boosts, Upgrade Stones(controversial as p2w maybe, but they CAN be gotten through hard work all the same, it only saves time), Popo Revive Stones, etc.

However, the ultimate LP/EP healing items, LP/EP auto-pots, White Stones, and everything else advantageous that was exclusive to the Cash Shop should be removed, or at least made optionally available through events/zeni shops/mobj drops.

Cosmetic items are fine as Cash Shop exclusive items. Would be hilarious to have SSJ3 hair as a cash shop wig. Same counts for stuff like fast scooters and high-powered fuel, but please give us a permanent option for those rather than just the temporary ones.

1-33 level up stones are fine too, but maybe make them available a few weeks later to prevent complaints about headstarts.

Welcome!

Like most MMO's it all becomes a lot more fun once you get some skills to work with. Get the TLQs (Time Leap quests that offer abilities) out of the way as soon as they're available. You'll appreciate having a dash and charge. Keep opening your Popo Gift Box for freebies every few levels. They give you a scooter to move around with and a temporary flying ability.

Just follow the map(M) after you accept as many quests as humanly possible, kill everything you see in the red-dotted areas, and repeat with no delay! "Powerleveling" only really works from level 25 onwards, where other people in a party can gather massive amounts of enemies at once, do UDs(Ultimate Dungeons), and generally just blow up everything with you. The only thing I can say until then is to spam the hell out of those 100% EXP scrolls you get from the Popo Gift boxes. Don't ever feel bad for using one, as you'll likely end up with spares once you reach level 30.

Good luck!

You should probably suggest what to prioritize on once the game officially launches. There is no priority to quickly please the fans, or even make the game attractive to a larger crowd, in a public alpha test. It'd be GREAT for us, but wouldn't benefit him in any way(other than making a quick buck in this case), and possibly distract him from what he's trying to work on currently. Multi-tasking is bad for workflow, after all.

Just let him do whatever he wants until eventually the for-real game launches. Maybe you'll get lucky and he implements it soon, just don't get your hopes up.

There's no merit in a second server with more exp. If you could choose an easy fast-EXP server with no downsides, there's no point in playing the regular game anymore. It would simply be abused. In DBO TW, the exp was already raised, players got many extra free hand-outs, and all the skills were moved to a lower level in order to keep those with a short attention span engaged.(Transformations went from level 50 down to level 40, for example)

DBO Global is based of DBO TW, so you're getting all those handouts and benefits already. Nowadays, you could level from 1 to level 25 in a mere day if you wanted to. An MMO always requires alot of your time, which you should know as a gamer. So just work hard and it'll pay off! (But maaaaaybe not too hard in the pre-open beta. That'll all get wiped in the end.)

The Kaioken stat boost isn't overpowered in the slightest, especially not in ranked/tournament battles. The only problem is how a stacked Kaioken can give you an insane critical hit ratio. Critical hits don't just do massive damage, but they completely bypass SO many defenses, debuffs, and resistances.

If anything, the critical hit increase is what should be removed, and in it's place should be a diminishing physical/energy attack boost with each Kaioken stack. For example.

Kaioken x1 - 30% attack power plus
    Kaioken x2 - 35%
    Kaioken x3 - 39%
    Kaioken x4 - 42%
    Kaioken x5 - 44%
    Kaioken x6 - 45%
    Kaioken x7 - 46%
    Etc.

It's massive 6 minute cooldown, LP & EP drain, and casting time for all those Kaioken stacks is what keeps this from being overpowered, all while keeping the skill significant. Obviously, the movement and attack speed would NOT increase with each Kaioken stack.

I don't really like being dependant on items like this just to be any good, so I'm glad these are not available right now. Besides, there's no skill in randomly dodging everything.

Sorry, but if my memory isn't failing me, isn't that arena part of a quest or something? It would be kinda annoying to have all these people attacking you or attacking eachother while trying to get or finish a quest, or something like that.

And aren't duels available already in that area? Maybe I'm wrong.

Actually, there are 2 arenas. One is the Cell games arena(so not this one), where the actual quests happen. But it wouldn't be a big deal if some quest enemy DID spawn on the PvP platform. Daneos could just move the monster's spawn location a little.

It is hasn't been done entirely yet. MMO's have a lot of different text to translate, so for now, what we have is what we get.

Translation Update Thread (English)

I imagine alot more will be translated when the pre-open beta phase is done. The goal is to get "all" of it done, but I'm sure spots will be missed. Luckily the game's pretty easy to understand if you're willing to spend a little bit of time, so don't feel too discouraged by it! :)

The dash ability is displayed improperly to others.

When running next to people that use (for example) a forward dash, it shows them doing a backwards or sideways dash animation, only for the server to correct itself and teleport the player forwards. The martial artist's "Quick Attack" is also connecting with the air in front of them, instead of the enemy they were attacking.

That sounds like bullshit. If that was the reason he could never add anything new at all because he could still catch someone who hacks it.
    The correct answer is the one he stated in his official FAQ: It's simply not finished yet.

Also, you can't hack SSJ. You can use the Mr. Popo tool to look like one, but that is purely for the look and only runs on your pc so Daenos can't see if you use it anyway.

I might recall it wrong, or have just been reading misinformation, having not browsed everything here as much yet. But it makes sense. Surely the SSJ skill is already done. It can't be a difficult transformation to do, especially with Kaioken working too. It's just that the dragonball hunt isn't quite done yet, so there's no way to officially get it.

In the end, we all know what the most sought-after skill is by most DBZ fans stumbling upon this game. (Regardless of how lame it's stat boosts actually are.) So of course people would try to hack the skill in.

Dragonball Event and Pet system aren't fanservice wishes (although having SSJ would be nice), but something small that needs experimenting with for bugs as well. Certain bug fixes like defense also help with going into UDs, TMQs, and (most importantly) CC Dungeon.

Actually, the pre-open beta is fanservice in it's entirety, since he could've(and maybe wishes he did) kept it to a personal group of beta testers.

But I believe I heard somewhere he disabled the Dragonball event on purpose, in order to catch hackers who'd hack in the SSJ skill. He must want to figure out how to make sure they can't hack skills in for the future. (If everyone can get SSJ, it'll be harder to tell the hackers apart from those who got it genuinely)

I think even when the game is back to it's full glory, we won't get much new content, if any at all. There IS an un-used country south of the Majin starter land, so potentially lvl70~lvl75 could be done there with some generic quests, but even THAT would require a lot more effort than you think.(Just think of all the new weapons, quests and armor he'd need to make.)

If Daneos REALLY wants to, he can try to increase the level cap, but personally I'd rather see the game become more stable, return-to-form DBO first, and maybe then receive some effort in balancing everything out. The PvP in the old DBO is incredibly one-sided, for example. Whoever lands the first stun/sleep/paralyze wins, assuming they have good attack gear. There's never much of a "fight" going on, unlike in earlier level duels.

In ranked battles, you never start with RP or any buffs, removing alot of strategy in those fights. Most buffs are only useful in free duels or on the PvP platform, where the winner doesn't matter anyway.

And a lot of skills and even transformations were either completely useless, OR completely overpowered.(Kaioken x4, looking at you.) This forces a lot of players to be one-trick ponies.

So even if Daneos manages to succeed in bringing back the old DBO entirely, there is still a LOT to be done. Increasing the levelcap doesn't help him with anything at all. If he DOES do it, he's either lost his mind, or we're 3 years further.