Posts by Blasko

Was it the open world? Nostalgia? Freedom? Cool skills? The ability to be in teams or be solo?

Just curious to what others have to say. For some reason I still believe this was the best MMO I've played.

This is will be the first time I've posted...

What made it so fun? Well, as I have only just discovered that this game ever existed, I am experiencing it for the first time. Here's a fresh perspective.

First and foremost, its the character creation. Much like Xenoverse, I wish it were a bit deeper (more faces, hair etc etc), but ultimately, you get to create a new and unique to your design character within the Dragon Ball universe. That's bad ass on its own.

Open world? YES! I remember when DBZ Sagas came out on the game cube. That was the first open world(ish) experience I had with dragon ball outside of the Famicom/NES game. Being able to visit places that look familiar is pretty cool. I wish things were a bit more expansive, but with flying not being able to be had until level 30, that would be a pain.

Nostalgia? Of course. Now, I haven't fought anyone iconic outside of story mode stuff. I'm only level 33/35/33/7 - so I haven't gotten far yet. Still, the art style really kicked in early on when I saw the first dinosaur. I was grinning pretty big.

Groups and solo? Well, I tend to be a more solo player- Its cool that you can group up but I've been screwed over twice by random people grouping up with me so I won't be doing that again. Still, the option to go at it alone is nice.

I hope to one day experience more of what this game has to offer. Went dragon ball hunting tonight and got ready before hand, bought food/drink, cleared my bags space, positioned myself in a place with mobs at my level... then got online before it started and at 5 till, the event started. I grinded and killed hundreds upon hundreds of mobs... and hours and hours later... ZERO dragon balls dropped. Very disheartening. Still though, I hope to see the later levels and areas.

So what makes the game fun? Well, quite honestly, its Dragon Ball... that is enough for me.