Posts by MakotoYuki

hi MakotoYuki

in sever the config file have 8 file such as authsever.ini charserver.ini and so on ! how to change ip in these files? and where is the server's ConfigOptions.?

those .ini files are the server configuration files. Go in those files and change the IP in there

hi Daneos

ty very much your nice work! if my friends want to play with me which files i will change ? such as in client 12.0.0.1 in ConfigOptions.xml? or any other files in server ?

Your friend will only need to change the IP in the ConfigOptions.xml file. For you, you'll need to change the IP in the server configuration files and ConfigOptions.

Or upload a ready to play server with instructions in a separate thread for those who aren't coders, if possible?

I recall getting a WOW server years ago. My memory is hazy but I didn't have to compile anything to just play it.

Yeah you were using precompiled binaries. I'm not sure if this project will go down that route. I could be wrong, though!

Also I'd like to contribute to this project on my free time (I also have some knowledge of DBO development from my time lurking during the ragezone days). Is that alright? If need be, I can make a discord account.

The problem with client is solved but now i have other problem ?

Server file all compiled ok.

Start MasterServer,QueryServer,Authserver and when i open the other file it will be closed in few second. It doesnt make a file log with error..

Another question how i can open the .pak and the .rdf table file? Thanks so much.

Yeah, I have problems with the CharServer too. I'm going to try compiling an older commit on the github page to see if it works. If it does, I can try to submit a pull request (or Daneos can try to revert the github page if he can).

As for the question about .pak files, you can unpack them and then you can view their contents in their respective folders. If you want to make any changes you can do that and then repack them.

For rdf files, I'm using hex workshop to read the data structs on it. However, I'm not too knowledgeable on it.