Random, constant CTDs.

• So, a friend of mine is havin' issues.

They can log in to the game fine, and make their character, and play, but after a few minutes or so, the game randomly crashes.There is no error message, the client just poofs, gone. This happens at random, though they have noted that it happens most when they press an input key (though it also happens, again, randomly).

They're running Windows 7, with 8 gigs of ram and a Nvidia GTX 970 graphics card.

• I would like to confirm that I'm also crashing to desktop every 3-4 minutes after login in.

Windows 7, with 12 gigs of ram and a Zotac's Nvidia GT 730 graphics card (4GB VRAM DDR3).

From the Windows Event registry, it's a common 1002 Application Hang, meaning something is not being processed correctly through the system. From the little amount of information I can get out of it, it's seems that the client fails to complete a certain task and that ends up in an instant crash.

Tried in windowed and fullscreen mode and both crash.
    While in Fullscreen mode, if the client is at a lower resolution than the desktop, the resolution is kept as the game's resolution instead of returning to the desktop resolution, meaning it's not recognized as a close application function, but an actual file crash call.

• Tell them to run it in window mode (not fullscreen)
    My friend had the same issue and running it in a window mode revealed a message that took like half a second before the crash happened. He tried again and this time he screenshot the window as it is crashing and he solved him problem!

• I tried to run it as administrator and also tried to run it with backward compatibility mode.
    Doesn't start with anything older than Windows 7. Anything from Vista and previous mode comes up with a hanging transparent application.

Haven't tried it with Windows 10 yet as I don't want to upgrade the OS on this gaming PC and, currently, I only have a laptop on W10. (I got old game that only run on Windows 7, but doesn't works on 8 or 10. Next time I plan to upgrade my PC, it will be a brand new PC so that I can keep this one as the "old game access" PC.)

I noticed that the game always crash when it's register at least 1,100,000K in memory usage (in the task manager) and never when less.
    (Usually, when the client is started, it's at 300,000K-500,000K then raise until >1,000,000K which then still raise at a slower pace until the crash.)

There's no warning or message appearing and it's just as if the application was closing itself. Tried while having my antivirus activated and disabled with no change.

Unicode language is set to English(United State).

I tried to remove all incoming chat (through the Chat options) in case it was related to some chat content. Didn't worked.

I added 2 of the 3 files that were created during one of the crash. (for some reason, even if it crashed 4-5 times after, it didn't update the files.)
    The missing file is a .dat which only contain the following code : DBOCRASHRECORED

• Seems that deleting the 3 report files (created either during gameplay or crash) from the DBO folder allow it to create a new one with the latest crash info. This time, I added the crsrec.dat by changing the .dat for .txt (otherwise, the forum refuse it to be uploaded.)

That's all the information I can get out of this CTD.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • xD
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • D:
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • <3
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • =O
    • :!:
    • :?:
    The maximum number of attachments: 10
    Maximum File Size: 1 MB
    Allowed extensions: bmp, gif, jpeg, jpg, pdf, png, txt, zip

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!