Launcher updater that never updates

• I just downloaded the DBOG launcher today and when i launched it(in administrative mode as well) it says a new version of updater available so i click ok and it says unhandled exception has occurred in your application. and when i click continue it pulls up a DBOG updater that never looks like its loading and im not sure how to get it to work

• I just downloaded the DBOG launcher today and when i launched it(in administrative mode as well) it says a new version of updater available so i click ok and it says unhandled exception has occurred in your application. and when i click continue it pulls up a DBOG updater that never looks like its loading and im not sure how to get it to work

How long did you wait after ? Sometimes it takes awhile.

• ive added it to exceptions (both the launcher and the exe but when i try to do the launcher it pulls up the main launcher, says theres an update i click ok, then it says that error i put in my first message and then brings up the DBOG launcher updater white triangle and nothing ever loads on it i kept it up for atleast an hour

• First have you ever played the game before? or first time you downloaded-tried-to-play? because the error could be due a bad download, or if it fails to update check your net speed, also if your net doenst crash in middle of the update, some friends used to have same mistake, one fixed it by downloading it again from Utorrent, other updated his game normally when his net stopped being slow.

• First have you ever played the game before? or first time you downloaded-tried-to-play? because the error could be due a bad download, or if it fails to update check your net speed, also if your net doenst crash in middle of the update, a some friends used to have same mistake, one fixed it by downloading it again from Utorrent, other updated his game normally when his net stopped being slow.

Didn't even think about that being the problem. As kevtchup said utorrents can crash, and still be ok afterwards to resume downloading.

• ee the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\DBO Global\DBOGLauncher.exe' is denied.
    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    at System.IO.File.Delete(String path)
    at LauncherUpdater.DbogLauncherUpdater.Form1_Shown(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnShown(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5485 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    Updater
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.1
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/DBO%20Global/Updater.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5491 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8686 (QFE.050727-8600)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5495 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5494 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.

is what it says even after reinstalling

• Found a solution, after u tried to open launcher and the error show Up, a file named update.exe or updater.exe will appear in DBO folder, CLick on quit in the error window and launch the update.exe with Windows XP service pack 3 compatibility, that will FIX it

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • xD
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • D:
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • <3
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • =O
    • :!:
    • :?:
    The maximum number of attachments: 10
    Maximum File Size: 1 MB
    Allowed extensions: bmp, gif, jpeg, jpg, pdf, png, txt, zip

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!