Help The Community Get Model Edits Working!

• The purpose of this thread is to make a community effort dedicated to the advancement of DBOG Mods. Our primary goal is to get mesh edits working. Feel free to reply to the thread with any helpful information or other contributions you may have. Below are our current findings and progress.

I have found out a few things, first of all, DBOG uses a model format known as .dff. While other games, such as Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, use this format for models, DBOG seems to use a different variation of this file format. In other words, GTA model import/export scripts will NOT work on DBOG. Also, I once came across an old post from a website called dbocom.com, in which a modder of the original DBO mentioned he once had posted a method on how to import models via hex editing, but the tutorial was removed from the website due to "flaming" meaning it was lost to the community. Also, we do have a way to export models. We can convert most .dff files to the .obj format using a program known as DBallextract. I don't have a link to it at the moment, but you can find it on google.

Please contribute to this thread so we may advance DBOG's modding community!

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • xD
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • D:
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • <3
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • =O
    • :!:
    • :?:
    The maximum number of attachments: 10
    Maximum File Size: 1 MB
    Allowed extensions: bmp, gif, jpeg, jpg, pdf, png, txt, zip

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!