DBO Speedrunning

• http://www.speedrunslive.com/f…unslive.com/faq/glossary/ How long do you take to get to level 30 or 70? This is about leveling up fast and tracking our times.

I am planning on doing some DBO speed run's and here are the categories:

• Any%, or fastest completion, refers to completing the game as quickly as possible (getting to level 30 or 70 fast) and often involves sequence breaking. Any% is the most common category, as it has the least amount of restrictions on what you can and can't do.
    • 100>%, or full completion, requires the player to complete the game to its fullest. This often includes collecting all key items or upgrades, finding all secret features, or anything else that may be deemed important. Specific requirements for a 100% speedrun are different depending on the game. Some games such as Super Metroid have a percentage counter and therefore have an easy definition for 100%. Others do not and instead the game's community decides what the definition for 100% should be.
    • Low>%, or minimalist completion, requires the player to complete the game by obtaining the least amount of key items or upgrades possible. If the fastest way to complete the game already involves the player picking up the least amount of key items or upgrades, a low% category may not exist for that game's speedruns. As with the 100%, low% speedruns have requirements that vary from game to game.

In addition, there can be game specific categories that change how much of the game must be completed. These categories usually include completing or avoiding specific aspects of the game and/or not allowing certain glitches or game exploits to be used in the run. A good example of this would be the medallions/stones/trials category in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time; this category requires the runner to beat all major levels in the game and restricts some of the glitches that can be performed. In Donkey Kong Country 3, there is a "Water%" run which constitutes collecting every DK Coin in the game, which requires the player to collect every Bear Coin to access the Lost World, but does not require a player to actually 100% the game and ignores the Banana Birds.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speedrun

http://www.speedrunslive.com/faq/glossary/

I don't know any DBO glitches, but if they are allowed and make the game faster/easier we should use it. Hacking is prohibited. Can someone tell me about glitches in DBO?

We should discuss the categories and how to fit it in DBO. I think that getting all items will be a chore, we should not do it, and that just completing all quests for 100% runs is better. Low% might be fun, we can handicap ourselves a lot in the game.

I recommend focusing on Any% for now.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!