Game performance on a near high-end laptop

• Long story short, I have recently acquired Lenovo Y520 laptop with:

1. GTX 1050 Ti GPU;

2. Intel Core i7 - 7700HQ 2.80 gHz quad core CPU;

3. 8 gb RAM

The problem is that the game is laggy even on this kind of system. It's not something horrible but rather annoying to have those FPS drops. I was wondering if there is any kind of fix or tips to run this game smoothly? (it's not ping though, my connection is rather good)

Thanks

• Sounds like you have win10, many users have this problem, try to disable your security like antivirus then run the game. Work around I hear works is to install the game in win7-8 pc, copy 9gb folder to flash drive then paste on win10 computer.

• same here but i have
    win7
    graphic card: NVIDIA GeForce 720 2gb
    ram: 2gb
    Intel Celeron D 3.07GHz 32Bit
    do i need better Ram? .-.

tbh, rather weird specs you got there, mate. CPU is reallt outdated and considering that with the amount of ram you have, I’m assuming that you have put quite a powerful GPU in a low-end PC?

EDIT: seems that disabling anti virus program helped. Also, changing windowed mode to fullscreen had some positive effect for FPS too (for some reason). Walking into a lot of players in Korin for instance still causes lag but I believe that's from ping. Everywhere else gameplay is smooth. Thanks for your help !

• same here but i have
    win7
    graphic card: NVIDIA GeForce 720 2gb
    ram: 2gb
    Intel Celeron D 3.07GHz 32Bit
    do i need better Ram? .-.

omg ... how in the .... you should really switch to 64bit ... and yeeees. your ram is an issue too. i mean not that you can putt much more into your pc with only 32 bit ... like 4gb and thats it. more cant a 32bit system use. god just upgrade ... and i thought my pc is bad with my win 7 64bit ... only 4gb ram and a nvidia gt 210 which has ONLY 512mb gpu ram XD!!! but good to see that there are still ppls out there which crawling with even more worse pcs around then me ^^'' oh yap edit. i have a duo core 2.66ghz x3

• omg ... how in the .... you should really switch to 64bit ... and yeeees. your ram is an issue too. i mean not that you can putt much more into your pc with only 32 bit ... like 4gb and thats it. more cant a 32bit system use. god just upgrade ... and i thought my pc is bad with my win 7 64bit ... only 4gb ram and a nvidia gt 210 which has ONLY 512mb gpu ram XD!!! but good to see that there are still ppls out there which crawling with even more worse pcs around then me ^^'' oh yap edit. i have a duo core 2.66ghz x3

512mb ram wow thats Deadly x.x

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • xD
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • D:
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • <3
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • =O
    • :!:
    • :?:
    The maximum number of attachments: 10
    Maximum File Size: 1 MB
    Allowed extensions: bmp, gif, jpeg, jpg, pdf, png, txt, zip

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!