Items and zeni discussion

• Hello everyone , i would like to discuss about the prices of the items in the game ,whenever i try to buy an item from personal shops or auction house the prices looks quiet high so i decided to post a thread on it.

I want to know that what will be the best way to calculate the actual cost of the items which i want to sell in the auction house, because i dont know how the cost system works there , i mean i can see the default cost there but when i try to sell my items there the cost becomes very low .

By getting through some research i found a way to calculate accurate cost of the items and converting tokens into zenis. This what i got

1 Token = 231.25 zeni

100 Token = 23125 zeni

Note that when you buy an item from Token shop at 4 Token the same item cost will be 1850 zeni from NPC's(good merchants). But when i sell it back to good merchants it gets converted into 185 zeni. Like this when i try to sell it in the auction house it gets converted to 370 Zeni.

So by observing it i found a way to calculate the price for the other items. I dont know what price the personal shop would sell items for but it seems that most of the price there are too high, i mean is it fair to set those prices for the items just to get hard earned zenis. So please correct me if i am wrong.

And please give me some suggestions to set those prices limits for the auction house and the personal shop.

• Demand and inflation sets the price... if ppl are willing to buy at a high price they should be able too.... however most of those items do not sell which have insane prices...

Also ppl put prices high to set a price value on that item, however i never see that happen for example.

I see people selling a u65 red for 2kk+ however other people sell it for less than 1kk... people will not buy those 2kk+ and the seller will then have to drop its prices... the point is, the market sets the price for the item, prices are really high now due to inflation in the game, people having 2-4b

• Now i understand its the Demand that makes prices too high , the players are participating more & more in the Budokai tournament which creates a kind of a competition among them to get the most upgraded items of there choices.

Demand and inflation sets the price... if ppl are willing to buy at a high price they should be able too.... however most of those items do not sell which have insane prices...

Also ppl put prices high to set a price value on that item, however i never see that happen for example.

I see people selling a u65 red for 2kk+ however other people sell it for less than 1kk... people will not buy those 2kk+ and the seller will then have to drop its prices... the point is, the market sets the price for the item, prices are really high now due to inflation in the game, people having 2-4b

• Demand and inflation?.....o my god, to bad everyone thinks they are intitled to their opinion.

1.-prices are set by Supply and Demand, inflation have nothing to do at first. and any efect inflation may casue can be countermesured.

2.-inflation can be controled depends on how good the administrator understands economy.

Back to ur price calculation system.

1.-Ur starting point is great, it really is

2.- The most precise way to messure value,(real value) is like this.

using gear +0 time how much ZENI u can get in 1 min by collecting loot from mobs

then u time how much time it takes u to get a Upgrade Stone or anyother item u want to find out his value.

then u do: Zeni gathered on X time = to Item Price , now u just found the minimum Value for the Item.

This is just the minimum Value, I recomend for u to do it 10 times the same procedure, so u can have an average.

3.-Now whit the minium price calculated, u can add much zeni as u want, to earn by ur effort.

and here is the first abstract part, if the minimu price u get is 10k, u can ask for 1kkkk if u want, but if there are other people whit the same item willing to sell it for 20k, ur desire earrings wont happend, here is where the market comes in play.

U have to remember that the real responsable for price mechanisim is the administror settings.

If they increases or decreases drop rate price will move up and down.

they reall mechanisi of prices is Scarsity, the more scarcity the more expensive, the less scarcity the less expensive and only adjusting drop rates prices can be manipulated.

In other words is Daneos and all his team ignorance on economy, the responsable for the crappy economic system.

• dude what are you talking about, zeni gathered by x times... and inflation not having affect on prices... and inflation being easily countered...pff

1. every class farms at different speeds so your formula is out of the window right from the beginning.

2. u dont judge a price of an upgraded item in terms of stone costs... for instance a +7 item isnt going to cost 700kk just because stone prices are 100kk each

3. if we have 2-4kkk its not worth for us to sell something at 50kk (cause that is nothing for us) they are going to sell it at double or triple that cause that is more appealing to them... yes you can get someone selling that same item at half the price, but it doesnt mean that they are going to sell it at that price...

4. At the beginning 50kk was worth much more than what it is now worth.

5. your trying to apply real world economics to a game, which obviously arent the same.

6. daneos can control the market, what are you talking about? of course he cant unless he sets a max and a min that that item can be sold, and still people would go around this and use the private shop or trade to sell it.

OBVIOUSLY the supply is going to affect prices, but a clear example of this are stones for instance... supply went off the roof when stone drops was increased... did you see the price drop to back how it was in the beginning? i remember white stones being 20kk each and now they are at 70-100kk each and they are now droped by mobs while before they werent. you see where this is leading? cause people have more money, they sell at higher prices (inflation= your money is worth less) which is at the point we are now.

you are ENTITLED to your own opinion, and by dissing someone right at the beginning of your post just makes your argument less invalid and makes you look more like a twat.

• Upgrade Stones are always categorized as a separate special item in the game thats why there prices are mostly set on the basis of inflation rather than on demand, as far as Drop rate and Demand are concerned they keep on changing on every update of the Game due to which there prices gets effected too.

• Comment: "every class farms at diferent speeds"

Answer: The class whit the higer farm rate will stablish the real price.

Comment: "u dont judge a price of an upgraded item in terms of stone costs"

Answer: Yes, U do, not doing this comparison will make the buyer pay an overprice, not doing this is just playing stupid.

The correct way to finding value is comparing, if u dont compare how much does it cost u 5 red stones plus 1 purple plus the weapon u want to buy, each element compared nidividualy, u just are to dumb.

Comment: "if we have 2-4kkk its not worth for us to sell something at 50kk (cause that is nothing for us)"

Answer: If u have so much zeni that selling an item for 50kk is to low for u, its ok we understand ur situation.

But only cuz its low for u that doestn mean than the item worth more. U are tyrinng to sell thing worth 50kk like they were items worth 1kkk. that is just being a bully.

Comment: "At the beginning 50kk was worth much more than what it is now worth."

Answer: That price increase is dude to the expansion of the zeni supply. At the begning there was not to much zeni on the game thats why things were cheaper. Now the prices almost found fair value compare to the Zeni suply.

Comment: "your trying to apply real world economics to a game, which obviously arent the same."

Answer: Yes, it is the same, Supply and Demand are Natural Laws and can be aplayed to any organisim.

Comment: "daneos can control the market, what are you talking about?"

Answer: Yes he can. By manipualtng the drop rates u can control the market.

Whit all due respect dude.

Pls study Economy Priciples, as soon u read about them, u will be able to understand everything I told u.

Aint hard to understand u just dont know about them.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • xD
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • D:
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • <3
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • =O
    • :!:
    • :?:
    The maximum number of attachments: 10
    Maximum File Size: 1 MB
    Allowed extensions: bmp, gif, jpeg, jpg, pdf, png, txt, zip

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!