Posts by oEffy

Well, you wouldn't have to worry about CD when Props allow you to 1 shot everything :)

^this
    currently props are close like on tw. I use 2 prop earrings and have a 3rd cd earring in case i really need it (almost never, stun, slow and so an are on cooldown rp).

In addition a bit more detailed info on the rings (before implementation of the lvl70 BIDS dungeons):

dmg: 2x lvl60 rings ccdng floor 70 craft: the ones that give about 13 focus and 7% wild attack attribute (make sure to make your weapons attribute wild too)
    you want to have 26 focus and 14% wild attack (the same rings) not the pair with the reflect.
    You also can go full con then on your armor.

dmg/def balance also easier to get: pair lvl55 rings ccdng floor 50 craft: giving 9 props set bonus, so go for the pair there

also consider
    necklace: go for status succes rate to make sure your debuffs land
    pvp jacket: some also use anti crit
    recommendation gloves: get % critical dmg, weapons (except dogis) are the only gear to stack it up and as a turtle you should want it high

If you don't know props/properties are the "Increase attack and defence properties by x" stats.
    The best earrings/necklace you can get with current content are either from shenlong whish or crafted lvl60 from ccdungeon. You have to use brown boxes on them tho.

Thanks again for the well written answer.

You just test and it is totally fine with me, I, among other annontations, stated some reasons which sure will be considered with all other opinions when he makes his decision.
    It was just like he asked if he should do it, the majority where he asked gave good reasons against it and an explenation on what he expects from this would have been nice (that wasn't really given). I personally would expect that on all decisions where it is known beforehand that it will end up in a strong discussion (if it is on the forum or/and in the game).
    An addition on the point when updating may help calming others done like "White stones will give you -2 when broken (This is test due too ... reasons to see if ....and we will see/vote again when open beta comes)"

True that pointing fingers about him beeing greedy is bad and those decisions tend to polarize, while I don't think he is (and I hope I have never made that impression) there will allways be frustrated people who will keep their anger going (I even experienced it on a private server game where you can get anything with tokens and enough time to collect them, even max graded gear).
    It is the same with those p2w discussions, imo giving cashers a little advantage is fine, most are out working and can't spend that much time needed in this game so they can make up for it while also helping the server and giving Daneos a monetary appretiation (a classic win-win). Then there are those who are thinking putting the smalest content in cash shop is out of greed, those who say all money has to flow back into the server and those who think just those who spends thousands should gain an advantage.
    I don't think there can be much done to prevent this, they all have their reasons. (As I will allways give my opinion on threads like that if I feel it is too onesided and not on my side^^)
    I just hope he knows that there are many others really apriciating his high efforts to giving us that great game back out of the blue (iirc the announcement of the os closing was just like 2-3months before, so not much time to get as much data as you need).

Beide htbs sind noch nicht komplett implementiert (auch der vom Dragonball Wunsch).
    Wird er sicher noch bis das Spiel fertig ist einfügen.

First of all thanks for your motivation, objectiveness and good work.

During the process of testing and tweaking these parameters, POB server as a TEST server already had and will still have periods that might seem far from the final objective: a stable/non-p2w server

It is still pre open beta and you try things, atm I can live with that.
    Still i can't find the reason for it and hope it isn't carried over to the new start then. (Nobody explained it for me so far for it to make personally sense. Sure there are players who personally think it is better that the average player runs with +8 and I can tolerate that, that isn't an explenation for me tho.)
    Your arguments making it easier but there is just not enough information for me to fully understand the plan of action.

Daneos is working in the development of DBOG to get closer to what TW was, minus most P2W stuff.

TW had tickets to make up for the hard upgrade. I know all are against tickets and we won't be seeing them work and I am fine without them but having the same hard upgrade system and no tickets, personally it is frustrating. Even more when looking at D4-Da.$$s calculations.

Imo nerfing the upgrade system is more of a push to p2w (sure the average casher won't get his max gear with it, only those who can afford that high amount of stones needed. By no means i want to say it is because of greed tho, I am sure there are good intentions, personally I just think it is they way it will be going if carried over)

We try to communicate a lot, but if you guys don't hear us out and do not help us as a community and as individual players the conversation won't go anywhere.

Deneos asked for it in the thread where it was discussed that there are to many stones in uds. From my point of view the majority there was against it while giving reasonable arguments. I also see it as a responsibility to not keep my mouth shut when I think it is constructive and it is going in the wrong way, because I love this game.
    (For pre open beta I have my 3x +15 gears and later I can afford to cash me them again, but I experienced many times that making it too hard/not rewarding is bad for the overall activity and motivation).
    So when seeing that there are enough of players against it I would expect a more detailed explenation and not just after some complained/raged.

Daneos sure has his reasons and sure this helps with too many stones on low lvl dungeons (if there really is a high amount of players using white stones for gear below lvl70). But giving information on the end game content which imo (and many of those who responded in this thread) got a negative impact would have been nice and make it easier. (Like if it is planned that BIDS are dropping stones, unlike in TW, if there will be Wagu coins in the future,...)

My subjective opinion on this, I hope you can still see the reason and constructive intention.

I don't know why he even asked if he should do it here https://forum.dboglobal.to/index.php?thread/17892-about-drop-rate-fix/&pageNo=3
    He got enough resonable arguments against it.

-In TW there were tickets

-Do you actually want all running around with +8-+10 just farming stones or make it easier to get a bit higher so they can focus on dungeons and stuff increasing the overall activity?
    -And don't tell me it is too easy, anyone who has upgraded their gear knows how hard it is after the first success after +8. Heck bot my jacket and boots are at +10 and +11 while i already wasted +25 Stones on each after reaching it. My pants +14 needed 62 stones to go up to +15. How often should one go back at +6 without raging.

-To many ppl running around with +15 here, true but there was a bug, it was cheaper in the beginning (white stones 10cp)...but it will get resetted and "all" ppl start with the same chances. And imo currently they suck (especially considering that this is a private server)

-Also those who copy their way to +15 will just laugh to this, I hope this wasn't the way to fix that problem. (And don't tell me you don't believe it, a shitload of players running around with 2 +15 legendary lvl70 weapons 4 days after release while also having a rare and a legendary con ring while everybody else complains that the stones are too rare and expensive is more than just suspicious...and it even was shown in a thread)

Die Basis ist mit Quavades Build super abgedeckt.
    Ein paar Sachen sind austauschbar, je nach präferenz, was du für wichtiger hältst.
    Kannst dir ja mal gedanken machen:

Sleep: Hilfreich beim lvln mit schlechtem gear und beim 1vs1, ansonsten eher selten (ich habe es z.B. garnicht nicht). Falls nicht geskillt, sparst du dir den Weg dahin und somit 5 SP für andere Dinge

Energy Reduction: Voll geskillt hilft er dir bei Kaioken. Karmas haben einen Skill der bei debuffs dir mehr dmg gibt, Energy Reduction zählt als debuff und somit kannst du dich oder einen deiner Party boosten wenn ein Karma mit dem Skill dabei ist. Für den Fall sind 3 SP optimal. Falls du beides nicht willst lasse es bei 1.

Spiritual Damage Boost: Grundsätzlich für Turtle, umso mehr dmg umso besser, wenn du die SP hast empfehlbar. Wenn du SP brauchst kannst du es auch auf 1 bzw. 0 lassen, da die SP Anzahl zum Maxen mit 4 verhältnismäsig hoch ist.

Rapid shots - haben manche nur auf 1, ist aber ein schneller Skill, voll geskillt mit ausreichender dmg. Meine Empfehlung ist wie Quovades auf 5

Scatter Shots - haben viele hoch geskillt, zum einen als AOE Skill nach deinen Kames, um den Cooldown zu umbrücken. Zum anderen weil es auch einen AOE Knockdown mit RP hat. Kann man getrost auch auf max haben.

Turtle Rod Hurl - haben viele auf 2 SP weil es ab da mit RP Knockdown hat

Attack Speed Shackle - 70% weniger Attackspeed debuff. Funktioniert gegen Spieler, Mobs und Bosse. Vorallem bei Bossen sehr hilfreich. In der Party entlastet es deinen Healer. Also mit dem debuff aktiv, macht er statt 4 hits in 10 sekunden nur 1 hit (Fantasiewert) --> weniger Autoattacks/Skills --> weniger dmg --> weniger zu heilen. Empfehlung von mir wäre hier 3 SP zu skillen.

Increase Agility - haben viele auf 0 weil es ihnen zu wenig DEX ist. Gibt zudem aber auch ein bisschen Resistenz gegen Debuffs, von daher ganz okay. Je nach dem ob du die 3 SP hast. (Ist zudem lustig wenn du gegen Kumpels spielst und aufeinmal als Turtle einen Skill ausweichst, wenn es auch echt sehr selten nur passiert)

Yeah please don't make upgrading any harder. I needed 60 blue stones for my pants to go from 14 to 15...and i needed about 50-70 on my other 2 from +11 to +15. If it wasn't dbo i would have stopped way before rage quitting.

Besides I rather have more ppl running the game with higher graded gear, the willingness to run dungeons and the overall activity is much higher from what i experienced on another game (os vs. private server).

also:
    Checking on AH looking for some u50, i see that they cost 1kk each on average. so why u70 costs 30kk? sometimes as a guy stated in this thread even 90kk? the drop rate is the same i think, its just that lvl 70s wants to get easy money using the excuse that "their drop rate is shit OMG!!11!1" and sell them at 70kk. then i see people complaing that lvl 70 stuff costs too much.

More players are lvl70 and everyone wants to perfectionise their gear.
    Many players just upgrade their gear with things they drop or get cheap untill lvl70 gear. Heck i even sold every stone inkluding u65 because i knew i only would need it for a short time if i use it to upgrade.
    Again higher demand --> higher prices. (Apart from the crazy infaltion atm)

Personly i wouldn't mind a npc with stones, for my 3 max upgraded gears i needed 50-100 Stones each after +10. But then you can bet there will be 5 threads a week again that it is too easy to max your updates.

@posts before
    Also keep in mind that the donations are a part that keeps the server alive. Selling all cash items except dogis at a npc, who is gonna cash anymore on a frequent basis?

Am I the only one remembering that there were days in tw too where you farmed 7 hours with your turtle at the zombies and just getting 1-2 Stone?
    Not saying that the rate isn't too low, especially with more and more bots gone now, but idk if really nerfed that much. Different story for legendary gear.
    The economy moves and reacts, you can't expect it to stay at a price range all the time.
    With bots gone, prices increase, supply and demand...But yeah the inflation atm is way too crazy in my opinion too.

Farm if you don't want to pay too high. If everyone just boycot the high prices and the stones drop so rarely, it could also lead to just more ppl. hoarding them. Too little gain for the rare stones (like most ppl hoarding u40)...

How about just already bring the Wagu machine and make the coins to draw obtainable for a reasonable amount of tokens (not too low otherwise nobody might cash anymore to support the server and giving daneos a monetairly reward apart from all the thumbs up he gets from doing his work).

Also if you complain that your green book is getting resold with a 50% higher price it just means that you (however the good intentions) sold it way way way to cheap, didn't find the right price matching the current demand and supply and giving another one the clear chance of making a high percentage of profit.

All this happened because a rich guy wanted to try his luck upgrading to +15 and bought everything. Then since there were no stones in AH, a stupid player started selling them for 30kk+, and because everyone else is stupid, they started to sell U70 red at that price. Same with blue, and purple. And this is happening with dogis too. Rich guys don't care about wasting money since they will get all back in OB, and there you are free players, making the game hard and boring for yourselves.

Maybe some of the bots got removed and there is just not the amount of stones in ah as there is usual. Also this happend after chat servers went down and auction house not working, from what i heard.

I cashed but never bought an overpriced stone, but thats just my personal thinking, idk if there is actually someone paying 20%-40% more of the price, if he just can wait another day for it to be normal

But hey, let's hate all cashers and assume that with the current rate of what you get for cashing more then exceptions can afford to waste their earned money

Personally I like the idea, cause i don't like most of the backs and hairs and I had it in my last game that way.
    Writing a script for that would be to much effort tho i guess and he has better things to fix.

Dort steht es zumindest nicht, ich hoffe es auch nicht.
    Hab einiges in dem Wissen, dass ich die Cashpoints zurück bekomme, gekauft um einfachmal zu schauen.
    Denke auch alleine wegen dem Testcharakter wird das so bleiben, aber wer weiß.

Read the compilation. Where does it say that Turtles damage should be nerfed? It talks about reduce the duration of Weaken Defense, giving Super and Giant Kame the possibility to hit enemys in a straight line and remove female turtle pot. And the pot suggestion is related with Divine, as that chain is affected by the RP given by the pot.
    You may want to create a DoT character and you create a Crane but then you face reality and see that in budokai is easily countered by antibleed. What is the problem? That there is no variety in DoTs, additionally making useless those 4 skills I put in the compilation. We referred to the stun as in the past, the cranes had a stun which was replaced for Spirit Wave, which is useless as you need a poison DoT and the only poison DoT is expensive and weak.

We are not perfect and we can just make theories, and Daneos is the one who can make test. But the solution is not surrendering and letting the things stay as they are because then it will be a chronicle of a death foretold. We are encouraging people to participate and colaborate to give suggestions and those suggestions will be posted in the compilation and then they can be more easily debated. We are not saying that those suggestion of tha main post is the solution, it is just that: a compilation. There will be nerfs and buffs but a nerf does not mean that those class will become weak.

The solution to balance both sides of a scale is not adding more weigh to one side as it can break the scale. Sometimes the best is to give some weigh to one side and remove some weigh to the other.

Making kame straight line is reducing the dmg output.
    Taking away the turtle book than too then two big reasons turtles can keep up with other classes are nerfed.
    If one really has to nerf one could just decrease hypnosis duration it would be enough already.
    Thats where I think the subjective part is way to big.
    On the one hand from my side in not wanting it done on the other hand from others thinking like turtles do too much aoe dmg and can spam knockdown what other classes can't so it has to be nerfed.
    Imo that is their role tho and there are enough disatvantages for the role to be okay.

There is no problem with crane, I might have expressed myself bad, I think buffing some classes is the better way. I just meant to not go into different roles.

Yeah Daneos will go on the first post stay there and think that the whole community wants nerfs and buffs while things are worked okay on the original server.

Also I don't want to discourage I just want to give my opinion to show that there is also a part that is fine without.

I am not saying that it is bad to have one more for PVE than PVP and viceversa, what I mean is that one class is good for both and the other is just good for one for example. For instance we have Cranes, which are nice for PvE but in PvP are easily disabled due to the lack of stun and that with antibleed you make it almost useless for PvP, thus people will take Turtles, it is more fruitful to create a Turtle than a Crane. And I did propose some things to make Cranes useful (I say it for those who say that I am saying nerf, nerf, nerf). The same for Grand Chefs, I proposed some things to buff him and said nothing against ults. But we need people who know very good those classes and make suggestion, not only 3 people; and we also need people who can "sacrifice" something of their favourite class.

Those people then have to take everything onto account which I don't think will work.
    Just looking at the thread here shows it.
    Like turtle having high dmg but also are one of the classes/the class dying the fastest.
    So nerfing dmg and give them more con or resistance?
    If done fairly every class will be more or less the same for all situations pvp solo and party/pve/single target, aoe targets...
    I rather think of what I want to do and then choose my class according to it.
    Like if I want a dot char I create a Crane and not complain that I have too small AOEs.
    True the stun is missing and I won't go 1vs1, but which game has every class with stuns?

Also I can't believe it is here about making everything balanced and nobody (at least the pages I saw)talked about divines combo where the skill durations are matching so good that the opponent barely can attack the whole match.

And yes I have a focus on my examples on turtle since i play it the most. Ofc I don't want it to be nerfed cause I like it the way it is, doesn't mean tho that the other things I said are just because of that reason. Also I think turtle isn't even on the top 3 of classes, it is just played by a handfull and very succesfull by divine, thats why I think the focus there is bigger.

If there really is someone that can do it fairly I won't complain even if I don't want it, chances are high tho that some aspects go missing or it goes to subjective.
    Also the chances are there that majority of classes getting weakened so unpopular ones getting chosen more instead of buffing the unpopular ones which I don't think is the right way.

Kyra showed here what they used to give and hopefully will give:

http://forum.dboglobal.to/index.php?thread/7640-max-stats-of-each-level-because-the-stats-in-the-game-are-all-wrong/&postID=60785&highlight=dogi%2Bball#post60785

Maybe you have a use for it.

As for the balls while those in cash shop are excellent, there are also rare and legendary ones giving higher stats.
    Like Daneos answered in her thread the dynamic stats are currently not working, so they are too low atm

Personally I don't want any changes.
    One might tend to suggest too much just for the sake of suggesting.
    The end game was challenging enough for one to have to be prepared for it.
    Turtles huge AOE Kame was no grant to win turnaments.
    Every class had its few things where you thought that it is unfair.
    So either go with it or take those away, I rather have them all tho.
    Imo with SK beeing a bit advantaged it was all in all okay balanced.
    The swordsmans spirit attacks are beautifull but if you want a swordsmans full potential you go phy attacks, otherwise make a spiri thats why there is this class.
    I had a swordsman and it was a spirit build cause I loved the attacks, but going energy at a phy class I was okay with not having the same output.
    Remove turtle book then also remove fighters pot and the other one, too much imo.

About the attack speed nerf, idk we tried it old school too but grinded with attack speed. Without speed it is harder but doing the same dungeon over and over again I rather do it with attack speed. Maintaining a little bit of motivation cause it is a bit faster.

Just my two cents, you can discouss ofc, I just hope it won't be overdone and taken up by daneos.

True you aren't supposed to get hit. The debuff noticable supports the bard so he has to heal the tanker less often and results also in him getting less crits.
    While Kraken might not be the best example there are enough bosses in CC dungeons high floors (i mentioned too) where he has to heal to other taking care of ads too. So I still recommend it and the healer will allways thank you for less work

As for pvp ofc a good fighter will allways stun the turtle before thunder, I remember sawing videos from babys party (most prob. the best party in server 1) allways giving Dreamer and me (both turtles) number 1 and 2 to focus.
    There were enough occasions where it wasn't them and the fighter didn't stun or didn't attack the turtle.

Your arguments are true tho nevertheless.
    The gain is more "passive"

Yep 80-100k feels normal against high lvl dungeon adds when good geared and not too defensive build. Could go higher, could go way lower too tho

While thinking your build is fine, here are some things you might want to consider:

I got 3/3 of attack speed shackle
    Helps in Kranken/ CC and so on to get way less hits and helps in pvp when fighter goes thunder mode and speeds the crap out of you (if you are fast enough to act). If you go for Physical Defense Boost you might want to consider it too.

Kaio-Ken, I don't like it too, but later when going high floors on CC we allways lost SSJ so it isn't that bad to have it as plan b.

I had to sacrifice sleep for it tho but I only like party pvp anyways...

Ja das stimmt.
    Nachdem der wipe war (der Server wird einmal zurückgesetzt wenn diese Betaphase um ist, danach soll nichtsmehr gelöscht werden) hast du deine münzen wieder und kannst von neuem kaufen.
    Die gehen also nicht verloren, kann aber sein das die Items dann andere Preise haben

Glad to see experienced turtles around :) Feel free to add me in game once you get a spirit, we can chat about the class, you seem to have knowledge about turtles.

Thanks for the offer, I will add you on the weekend.
    I have forgotten many things tho XD thank god i still have my old threads and screenshots XD