Posts by ethanvolcano21

So is the event gonna start tonight? Also, I'm inclined to believe the possibility of the existence of a bug that would result in a wish *not* being made, and instead sending the dragonballs back into oblivion... What would happen in that case?

Also, I recall making a post about this a few months back, are the rates gonna increase? How long is the event gonna last? Will the complete set of wishes be available?

NO! I just wasted 1600 tokens just to fail, and I'm absolutely livid! Gosh, I kept going for the left card: Fail, fail, fail, fail, broke, fail, broke.

Then I finally went middle: Success, fail, broke, broke, etc.

20 purple stones.. After hours and hours of play, what did I get? Nothing >_>

Why not make it so items don't go back to 0, but maybe give a 1% chance of success for anything above +10.

That's quite the intro. I really like the imagination you got there so keep it up and welcome to the DBOG forums :3

I wrote a poem for my entry into the forums... The last addition to it, as I recall, was, "It's *not* in fact, snowing on mt fuji".

Laptop burst into flames... Here I am!

Welcome!

Oh gosh-! This is amazing! Where can you get a dragon ball hunting scouter? The old dragon ball hunting required a db chip, and since the chip systems been removed, from what I recalled you needed to receive a limited edition scouter, but I don't recall how exactly. Will you even need a scouter, or will the icons be on everyone's radar by default?

Also, though this might be a hasty assumption, will all mobs share the same droprate irregardless of level at a certain point? For example,

Let's say you have a table of probabilities:

Same level as you: 10%
    +or-1-4 levels: 5%
    +or-5+ levels: 1%

So as long as the mob is 5 levels below you, irregardless of the chances, will you still have that 1%, or would it remain 0? Will dragonballs be traceable? It's easier to dual client with a low level character, but I doubt everyone will be able to do that, and it's just so tedious!

The upgrade tickets aren't functional, and I've heard rumors about it's complete removal from the game! They make it way to easy to get OP gear, and encourage Pay 2 Win content. Unfortunately, you're gonna have to trash those items, as they'll only take inventory space.

This was a suggestion on making a normal server and a "fun" server with higher exp and drops (which would support in a larger way your arguments).

Except that's not what I'm affirming. You seem to conflate change with some sort of binary switch: either we have OP exp boosts, and much more drops, or Keep Exp same, and keep drops the same... That's a false dichotomy! Rather this series of alterations spans an entire continuum, and I didn't criticize the exp system, if anything it's perfect as it is. Only reason leveling is a pain right now is because of how many of the quests are bugged, but I digress:

It's not the difference between 0 and 100, and you must understand that the overwhelming evidence of the situation demonstrates that the meta-game is suffering as a result of the abhorrent drop rates. I still recall the forum debating whether or not a level cap should be implemented to expand the game's lifespan, but what end-game would we want to purse? A thrilling one where everyone has an (near) equal chance of success provided they play the same amount of time? Or a barren hardcore meta, where only the most hardcore DBO players will grind the game into infinity dedicating all of their time resources to farming, a meta where unless you have +15 legendary gear, the simplest mistakes will result in your immediate annihilation.

The reason DBO lost success was because of the latter: I also remember foreigners destroying us competitively because of how much time they dedicated to the game. Entire guilds with all level 70's all having +15 gear, knowing the spawn location of every boss in every dungeon, etc. The game was founded upon it's Pay 2 Win aspects, as even flight needed to be purchased :/

This mechanic was a symptom of this, and since it's going to be Free to play, it's time we make the meta more available to the rule.

In this thread you can see some people also have low drop rate but other have normal or good drop rate. For instance, I have a guildmate who recently dropped around 3 stones in about half an hour (2 reds one purple) in papaya island, last map of the game.

You know why is that? The way I see it, it's because the rate isn't calculated on you and only you - or only one player -, it is based on all the players. A drop rate of 10% of lp potion doesn't mean that everytime you get 10 drops one MUST be a lp potion, it means that this should be as the case as an average among every player, all the time.I never argued that this wasn't the case, and of course you're going to find significant % errors in your calculations *Especially* when lacking any control of any sort. This is merely an approximation and should be treated as nothing more. This is just the expected consequence of statistics. Who knows, the rate might even be 50%, and everyone is just incredibly unlikely, but which seems more probable, that I'm unlucky? or that others are very lucky? I believe the ladder option seems more probable.

"In this thread you can see some people also have low drop rate but other have normal or good drop rate. For instance, I have a guildmate who recently dropped around 3 stones in about half an hour (2 reds one purple) in papaya island, last map of the game"

And this is another natural consequence of statistics: Things like this can and are practically bound to happen, however these are the exception, not the rule, and have little significance when looking at the majority. This rebuttal is analogous to suggesting to someone that the lottery is fair because hundreds of people have won it in history, while neglecting the millions who've played.

"You know why is that? The way I see it, it's because the rate isn't calculated on you and only you - or only one player -, it is based on all the players. A drop rate of 10% of lp potion doesn't mean that everytime you get 10 drops one MUST be a lp potion, it means that this should be the case as an average among every player, all the time"

I'm aware, and thusly my calculations should be taken as an APPROXIMATION, and nothing more. I doubt that my calculations are anywhere remotely close to flawless, however I feel as though the rates I received could potentially justify the fact that 1/1000 odds are outrageous!

Even in my initial post I halved the rates, and they were still outstanding;y bad. Even with a rate of 1/500, this would effectively double the already low chances of getting a stone. It wouldn't be such a drastic change as you make it out to be: for example,

with 1/500 odds the chances of getting a stone after 100 mobs is about 20%, compared to the 10% of 1/1000. Now this might still seem low, but it's a significant improvement when you examine the multitudes! Even though for the most part it'll have a significant impact on the exception, the rule would also benefit from this.

I don't know a thing about Pokemon games after the game boy color ones xD

Haha, that was just to demonstrate my love of statistics in games!

I am sad to inform you that this game is considered as a grinder mmo: that means that most of the time you have to grind and grind. Even question is mostly about grinding mobs all the time, what changes is the skins and the level most of the time. It isn't supposed to be easy and can easily be tedious.

And you don't see that as a problem? I'm not asking for the mods to alter this game into oblivion, I'm merely asking for a seemingly minor alteration that would likely benefit the community as a whole. Am I asking for 4x The rate? 10x?! Heck no! I still admire the process of more play time -> Greater rewards, and a 2x alteration would at best satisfy hundreds of more players.

I have to disagree with this suggestion as it would crash the game with afk players, and an end game item like u70 stones shouldn't just be given away by being logged in.

I thought Daenos was working on a fix for this... You're absolutely right, unless he could implement a way to kick afk players, this would be an awful Idea!

But you know.. whatever. Nothing matters until the game gets recovered completely.
    We will lose everything anyways, so all we can do now is testing everything, by trying everything,

Exactly my point, this would be the perfect opportunity to examine what would happen with an greatly improved drop rate. I was even considering 1/333.3333... chance, because with those odds 100 mobs would grant a 25% chance of a stone, but I think that's a bit too high. My suggestion is meant to benefit the rule, while not being too drastic on the exception.

As the title suggests, the stone drop rate in it's current state is atrocious, and seriously needs to be addressed. To test the approximate probability of finding a stone within the game, I'd made sure that I would only grind from levels 47-50. I'm currently 50,000 xp away from level 50, so I'll address that outlier within my calculations.

Now then, let's calculate the amount of mobs it took me to kill per level up:
    (NOTE, I'd made sure not to include the few mobs I had to grind to reach level 47, and thus these won't be included in the calculations!!!)

If I recall correctly, you'd need:

about 600,000 from 47-48

about 650,000 to go from 48-49

And approx. 750,000 from 49-50

With each mob giving a mean of around 500-525xp. Now then, let's calculate the amount of mobs it took to murder horribly: from each level up:

from 47-48: 600,000/525 per mob = about: 1142 mobs

+

From 48-49: 650,000/525 per mob = about 1238 mobs

+

And finally 49-50, Note that I got bored and used an 50% exp boost during this grind) including the outlier) would be 700/000/825 = 853 mobs

=3215 mobs... I brutally massacred over 3000 mobs, and what did I get? A single U46 blue stone... This alone would properly indicate just how awful the drop rates are.. Now them, my initial estimation of the probability itself was 1/1000 or .01%

So lets see if this measurement fits the data:

If we have a 1/1000 chance of getting the stone per mob, then we have a 999/1000 chance of NOT receiving a stone per mob killed. Therefore we can estimate the odds of getting a stone per mob killed by using the ladder probability to the power of mobs killed or:

999/1000 = .999^3215 = approx. .04% chance of not getting the stone, or a 96% chance of getting a single stone per 3200+ mobs killed!

Now then, taking into account my terrible luck, allow me to be generous and halve the mobs killed to get a seemingly more accurate result:

IF you were to kill 1608 mobs, you'd still only have about an 80% chance of getting the stone.

If you were to kill 100 mobs, you'd have about a 10% chance of getting a stone.

Now then, lets say I do kill another 3000 mobs and get a 96% chance of getting a stone... How long might that take? My mean time for killing mobs, is about 2 mobs per 10 seconds, using these we can convert this to hours:

3215 mobs/2 mobs per 10 seconds = 16075 seconds/3600 seconds per hours = approx 4.5 hours.... And note that this estimation assumes that I'm constantly fighting mobs, not healing, no skill cooldown, no ep regen, etc. 4 Hours of non-stop farming... for a single stone is necessary?!

IN SUMMATION:

Using these estimations, (while ignoring my bad luck because I call hax) I'm disinclined to believe that the 1/1000 odds are correct, and it's likely the the odds are much lower!

If any moderator reads this, I believe that this demonstrably proves the abhorrent nature of farming for stones in Dragon Ball Global. These rates are egregious to look at, and it's disheartening to anyone who even dares to look for stones. I realize that the initial objective of making these rates so low in the original server was because the game was certainly Pay 2 Win, however if we are to encourage the casual gamer, we cannot leave these rates be! I'd suggest we at LEAST halve these rates to 1/500 immediately.

This server has so much potential, and for people who don't have much time to grind (I could've been questing this whole time, but my week off is over) this would provide an excellent incentive for players to grind more often. I dedicated my time to this research to contribute to the community in some capacity, and I'd love to hear your responses!

EDIT: The reason I was so passionate about this, was because I'm a shiny breeder in pokemon, Haha! Using the Masuda method, I've been able to finish breeding a full shiny team! The odds of hatching a shiny pokemon (after completing the pokedex, getting the shiny charm, and using the masuda method) Your rate would be 1/512 (this is for the sixth gen, in fifth gen it was 1/1024). It still took hundreds of eggs to hatch each one, and I must concede that EVEN WITH THOSE ODDS, I was remarkably lucky! However, it took literally days of dedication to accomplish each individual egg. The mean egg-hatching time was about 8 hours, but for some people it took an upwards of 20!

Except stones in this game shouldn't be treated like shiny pokemon: They're not the rare treasure everyone wants more than anything else, no- They're a necessary part of the game that allows us to improve our gear as we level up. Dragon ball online without stones would be a significantly different game.

Another suggestion would be able to purchase stones on the Token shop, except raise the prices of the darn things. I have nearly 1200 tokens, and with 100 tokens per u70 stone (BLUE OR RED ONLY, NO PURPLES OR GREENS OR WHITES), that might seem like a decent trade-off...

Just reached level 33, and the free-flight is a God Send!!! Leveling has been a breeze so far due to the transportation alone! Allow me to reiterate: How did people reach level 70 back then? I doubt anyone dedicated their time solely to grinding.

So I was just informed yesterday about the latest updates to the server, oe: the adult quest, master class, UD's, etc, and I was so thrilled that I just finished the 24-hour grind to level 30! Thing is, last time I played this server (January) at this stage of the game, a majority of the quests are either buggy or unavailable, and while I know most may be fixed by now, I was just wondering; How did anyone manage to get past the mind-numbing grind at the level 35-40 mark? After level 35, there were almost no quests available, and I grinded for hours per level :/ . Heck, that's why I left, as a spirtualist back in the day, almost none of your skills worked, so you had to use the same, asinine combo incessantly ie: spiritball, ki blast barrage, repeat...

But I digress: How do people manage to level up so quickly? Every time the server resets, you can see level 70's in a matter of days!

I don't think we're gonna be able to dual client, lol. I wouldn't be surprised if people make low level characters and demanded payment for farming for them! XD I'd totally start that business!

Imagine that:

Level four character: Trade Chat: "Willing to Farm, 200k!"

Yeah, I used to dual client too... I forgot about that Dinosaur Part of the map... That would've saved me crap tons of effort! xD

Did dungeons actually increase the rate at which they drop? I know that supers/ultras/bosses/etc. gave an incredible boost, but would dungeons make a difference? I like the idea you mentioned, how it should be twice a week and all day on weekends, I think that's fair.

Besides the dragon-buffs, didn't the dragon grant OP/TMQ armor? I recall that there were certain sets of armor that could only be obtained through wishes..

What about the addition of wishes? Should we allow people to wish for white stones, for example?

Another major concern I have regarding the full release is the rate/time of the Dragon ball drop rate/dragon ball hunting periods... How often are people going to be able to hunt for the dragon balls? Will it be permanently? It really hurt us english speaking players who played at polar opposites time zones, and for the most part I was never able to hunt for the darn things (I've only collected all 7 of them once). And this was for two reasons, the first being the one I just mentioned, but also because No matter how many mobs I've killed, I always get unlucky....

What was the original dragon ball drop rate? Is it going to be increased? It really bothered me how transformations/Dragon buffs were left in the hands of luck... Some players never even got to make a single wish, despite being on most of the time! Perhaps there could be a system that would guarantee the User a Dragon ball once every week or so? Or perhaps there could be a system implemented that would incorporate the T-shop?

In my opinion, the Original Dragon ball hunting system was broken.

And I'm saying that's nonsensical. People will get bored with the game either way, and it shouldn't lead to a multitude of integral features being removed!

Is this the same noob Ethanvolcano from HK

U wot m9?

Anyways what most people on this thread are trying to tell you that having a couple level caps before the Max level cap help with your character progression to help your character build up gear and zeni require to do more content that comes out with the next level cap.

And I'm saying that's pointless, because ti's encouraging endgame behavior to occur sooner! It's essentially moving the grind to a lower level and essentially to a different dungeon at some other location of the World, which is pointless!

Btw you probably start playing this game when the level was already level 70 so you don't know that much about what went on in the other levels cap.

U wot m9?! I started playing shortly after the KR server was released lol. I began my journey around December of 2010 (or maybe February of 2011?) I had accounts on all versions (KR, HK, and TW) and was actually a heavy casher (I'm ashamed lol). I believe when I first joined, the level cap was 55... I think it was new, but it's hard to remember. All I know is that I was on for at least 9+ months before the TW server came out, and everyone ditched the KR server xD.

If anything, I might be one of the oldest players on this site xD, but regardless of all this, this has nothing to due with my argument, and is completely irrelevant.

we have tons of old players who've waited years for DBO to come back

And I'm one of em, but for some reason you want to remove a large portion of the game for X reason...

For some reason, you insinuate that by somehow removing 15% of the game, you're negating any reason to play the game... You're saying you've never went back to the same TMQ just because it was fun?! What does it matter if some players choose to skip dungeons and continue to the next level? That's what I did, but that's because I met few english speaking players, and I didn't play often, so I didn't get to play dungeons too often... But regardless, shifting the level cap is essentially *forcing* which part of the game will be considered end game, but that's no reason to distort the meta!

Restricting what level you can achieve:

- IT WONT change the fact that people will get bored of it.

-It WONT end the grind for better gear

-Removes 15% of the game on the basis that certain players don't want to participate in certain events.

Some players, regardless of whether or not there's a level cap, will choose to grind a certain dungeon to get better gear,and there's nothing wrong with that. Implementing a cap only CHANGES THE LOCATION of where the player grinds gear... Which negates the intention of the cap to begin with! It's like if too many COD players use snipers, do you remove them and reinstate them later just because they were popular? Likewise, you're forcing every player to go to lower level dungeons just because too many people skipped them? That's not fair for the majority!

Though I'm beginning to understand why you'd want a cap implemented... But I still don't feel it's justified. It's true that the majority of old content was ignored... But why not just patch the game to make the dungeon harder for better players? Couldn't Danoes perhaps, for sake of example, make a "super hard crystal" For TMQ one, made for level 60 players? Couldn't Daenos Alter some Dungeons to make them offer stronger bosses, and better drops? You shouldn't have to sacrifice 15% of the game just to improve a different 30% of it...