Posts by Rob

First and foremost, DBOG should be treated as a "new game", I don't know if you have played the original DBO, but it was extremely p2w, if you say otherwise you're only fooling yourself. In DBOG we have the ability to change and fine-tune just about anything we need in order to make sure the game has longevity and appeals to the mass amount of players

So according to your logic, because people have more experience than you, you feel as though you should be able to pay to keep up?
    and yes someone who uses a lvl33 stone is bound to hit level 70 before someone who doesn't.

Ahhhhhh, Graysen, Graysen, Graysen. I guess you wrote this before I pm'd you lol. It's me Roku, we played for 1-4 years together lol.

Mate, read the entire thread properly, you'll understand the context in which I'm speaking in. If you read my previous comments you would have known a lot more about what's going on. But, it's okay you were always nub ^^

I swear, it's like everyone comes on this thread and speaks without prior reading.

Gonna try making this point as short as possible because I'm tired of this thread, I have to say, better points from the opposing side have been mentioned. Here is what I have to say.

1. DBOG is not a new game and people should stop treating it as such.
    Reasoning? Do you understand how many players here played old DBO? Just because it's a new server doesn't mean there's going to be huge difference from DBO and DBOG. It's literally the same game, barely anythings changed besides the bugs. All the tricks from DBO are still going to apply to DBOG and best believe old players are going to abuse those tricks. (These are not exploits or glitches). Everyone needs to stop acting like they're going to be on = playing grounds. Non-cashers don't want the upgrade stone because it provides "Better opportunities for gear, getting higher level quicker, rankings will be unfair.. Guess what, even without the stone, players are going to get these things before you just because they've played DBO before and they know the game more than you do. And besides, you think a player who's "lazy" to level from 10-33 is going to reach 70 before anyone else? Contradictory much?

2.Using the Stone at launch won't make the game unfair.
    I seriously don't get how it will make the game unfair. Like seriously, I said this so many times, higher levels don't = better items. (this goes more in detail early in the thread) What DBO are we talking about here LOL. Yes, you may get to a higher level earlier than other people, but that doesn't guarantee you will get good drops. Also, how long do you expect it to take for people to catch up? There's going to be multiple, and I mean lots of people who get to 1-70 in 3 days... How does 10-33 in one day sound bad to you?

Yes, you have to get to level 10 before you can use the stone, so yeah, we'll be joining in on a couple of quests ^^

3. Why should I wait just because people "think" it is unfair
    We've been waiting for this game a long time as well, We want to play just as badly as you do, why should we wait when we are spending money? In what backwards world do free players get treated better than those who pay? You expect us to wait 1-3 days (some are saying a week) when I can just easily level to 30 if I want. The reason for this delay, is so that these players don't get an advantage right?. So you're telling me, you guys get to play 3 days before players get to use the stone, and that isn't going to be considered an advantage? Ofc not, I don't care because it doesn't make a god damn difference. So what, you will prob be a higher level than me at that point and I'll be at 33, it doesn't hinder my progress in the game at all. Do you see how I turned that idea back on you guys? So yeah what difference does it make releasing it at launch and releasing it 3 days later... This idea is to basically shut non-cashers up, and THAT is NOT fair to paying players.

Also the argument came up that "time is precious" yes it is, so I don't get why people are stopping CASHERS from making more time for themselves by paying for a convenience item (I like how Momo regarded it as such). There's nothing wrong with saving time, and it doesn't make you lazy, in fact it makes you smart. I spend majority of my time outside of DBO, working and earning money. I don't want to waste the free time that I have, doing something I've done so many times before. Thank god there's a 33 stone for that. (I just wanted to put this in here)

So yeah, regarding that delay. It's not gonna make a difference, and if it's gonna make a difference why are we being restricted from it.

Gonna now move to point form

-Cashers will be better than you in-game, not because they pay, but because they're WILLING to pay for it. If you're willing to pay for a game, obviously you will have more dedication for it than the average player.

-Having a level gap between players (which prob won't be caused by a mere lvl 33 "Lazy" stone) is good for TMQ, dungeons or party quest. Otherwise expect to be backtracking to a level 38 quest when you're level 45-50.

- Testing phase? According to free players there will be a level gap right? Good then, free players can test out 1-30 for bugs.. cashers can test out 30-70 for bugs so when 1-30 players won't have to worry about them. Yayyyy (sarcasm) But seriously, if this were to be the case, it would be a good thing. SO early on we can fix those level ranges for bugs. Ofc it won't only be cashers that are level 70 tho.. it can be anyone.

-Scared about us being the first to level up to 70? 33 stones makes us lazy I guess, don't worry about us getting to 70 faster than you.

I'll prob add more soon, I just wanna go eat food atm lol

DBO2013-10-3100-00-09-14_zps26b87df8.jpg

This was probably one of the very last pics taken before the shutdown. Literally just 1-3 seconds before. You can see my character transforming into SSJ for the very last time haha. I was probably the last one to transform and probably the only person who thought to end DBO off with a transformation xD

This pic was taken by a fellow guild mate in OrangeStar - Sorahick231

Go ahead and share your last pics as well!

I never said the stone wasn't a good idea, I just said it should be used 1-3 weeks after open beta is all. Give players a chance to start, thats all. That will be my only reason, discussion over.

Another disappointing argument, just an idea and no justification. And FYI your "1 very good reason" was mentioned before.
    You should read the entire thread first then speak. (Lol, at how many times I said this, I do it for the lols now). In regards to your suggestion, again, read the thread, you will get feedback on that idea.

So yeah same stuff again, close this thread please.

Thank you everyone for sharing your opinions.
    Hopefully Daneos will have time to read the entire thread and create a decision.

Oh my reasoning is very different, I can actually list 1 VERY good reason why.-Just Cause.

Well for the sake of all the other garbage reasons, give it a go and redeem those other players lol.

Believe me, if you give me a reason to believe that the stone isn't a good idea. I'll stop rooting for it, until then. There's nothing wrong with it.

I'll make you the last exception, after that I retire from this thread. I believe my point has been made and defended numerous times.

But yeah, I would like to ask for moderators to close this thread as there no way for half these people to agree to anything.

There's one thing that was agreed on in this thread in terms of the 33 stone.
    Having the stone available at launch and later available in the game for all players. Free players will get it for free once or twice, I really don't care... But if you want to have the stone readily available at any time, you'll have to go to cash shop.

That seems plausible, and if you think otherwise, well.. everyone gave their points against the idea and hardly any of them made sense.
    (Be glad it's being offered for free anyway)

In the end, using cash points is to keep the game alive and as well get some in-game bonuses.

To be honest, you were only making yourself look like an idiot by insulting people. I really don't care what happens but if Daneos adds this in he shouldn't have it at the beginning but 1-3 weeks after open beta has started.

Yeah, trust me when people keep arguing nonsense to you, it gets to you. But frankly, I'm no moderator or someone who has to keep a certain reputation. Currently i'm the average player just like you and I couldn't care less about what people think about me.

I'd ask you to justify why you think it should be 1-3 weeks, but I'm expecting the same bullshit answer as everyone else. Unless you have different reasoning than everyone else?

And far as it concerns, outside the forum, majority of players agree with the idea.

In giving my opinion as everyone is free to do it in a open debate, or only information can be posted? ,sorry but are u providing to us very useful information? because that you want to buy lvl33 book with $$$ its not helpful information at least for us, its just your opinion lol, and yes best strategy when you dont have any argument is ignoring the post, feel free, i said thank for those who buy stuff keep the server alive but thats it pay to win, like it or not, i prefer that than nothing.

Is everyone here who is against the stone literally an idiot? Yes I'm calling you an idiot. Do you not understand that w.e you were saying was getting this issue nowhere? I basically said if you're not going to contribute appropriate suggestions/comments regarding this specific topic, I'm not going to address you.

Everything I spoke about on this thread is either arguing my point or counter arguing others. Nowhere in this thread did I go off topic for any reason. and again. Whereas your post didn't suggest any fixes or showed any concerns regarding the topic. It was a simple rant/flame I don't have time for your nonsense, if you don't understand what's happening, stay quiet.

Great, now you got me flaming users. Thanks man.

EDIT: Sorry was targeting the wrong person in this post. But what do I care at this point, just read my other points, i'm getting tired of arrogant readers who don't know what's going on. I don't get how you think my posts aren't informing or topic related. Everything I said is solely regarding the topic so yeah.

Sorry, not sorry.

For purposes of game longevity, I suggest Daneos remove the party exp drop.
    Getting into parties is how you make friends and get to know people. This gives you reason to stay in the game.

It's far more likely for a solo player to leave DBOG because he/she will eventually get bored, due to lack of activity with other players.
    (assuming this player is only playing solo because he/she doesn't want the exp drop)

Anyone else pretty annoyed that Piccolo's cape and outfit isn't a Dogi?

I mean cmon, you know how badass it looked on him and Gohan?

EDIT: If I can remember correctly, it was actually an armor set in the game only for nameks. So yeah, given that's it already in the game, it shouldn't be hard to implement.

This is a somewhat decent idea, however it should be in the cash shop. Later on in the game, like in TW servers, maybe Daneos can gift everyone one lvl 33 stone to use for any character.

I wrote it here, and briefly said the same thing you did.

i honestly dont see it anywhere, but as long as we are on the same page on this thats fine if im just a repeater
    also i want that snickers back

I'm an old player and I'm cheap AF, wanna fight about it ?

Probably the stupidest comment I read here, nobody is fighting the cheap players. It's you guys who don't want us to get the item. I'm actually voting that the game gives you guys a free lvl 33 stone at one point so you guys don't cry later.

Think before you speak on this thread.

they dont get it lol
    theyre still gonna try to stop us players from buying it at launch because the idiots think its pay2win or its an advantage.

I'm telling you man, the harsh reality is these people are either new to the game and want to play on = grounds (they assume this stone makes it unfair for them) or it's just cheap people who don't want to pay for things.

You basically restated an idea I suggested earlier, I guess you forgot to read that and went on blabbing away.

Nice try with the snickers though, it made you look maybe 5% cooler.

Listen, most of us buying it don't want to deal with the bullshit 1-30 quests again. If I can quote my friend Tom, "I don't wanna ***** kill squirrels all over again for bullshit exp".

If you're gonna make it so that everyone gets the stone at a pre-determined level (which i'm guessing you would like to be above level 30) you're defeating the purpose of the stone anyway.

THE STONE ISN'T ONLY TO LEVEL UP FAST, IT'S TO FRIGGIN SKIP THE GOD DAMN INTRO THAT MOST DBO VETS DREAD DOING AGAIN FOR 10TH TIME.

Seems like freebies are trying to make everything tip in their favor more than cashers, get it in your head, we WILL get more benefits because we're not playing for free. Stop trying to get easy access to items as well. If you want easy access, simple just pay a little bit for it.

You know what I find hilariously funny, "Oh don't' use the lvl 33 stone item in cash shop because it gives an advantage to other players, all the other players who quest get left behind *cry cry* "
    "But hey, make it so we all have to get it the same way, in a free form such as leveling up to a pre-determined level, or maybe get it from an NPC, then we're totally okay with the stone"

Hypocrisy at it's finest.

I think I have to repeat it again... I am not saying that lvl 30 items are high lvl items, I am saying that you will reach high level items faster than the rest (lvl 70) And in lvl 33 it is not neccesrry good gear to lvl up, you get free subclass item and free Shenron gear.
    I think you forgot another counter-argument i said (something you were claiming) about WMAT and Scramble advantage. Isn't that p2w either?

Again, I and others have said this in the thread countless times and I'm repeating it again. 1-30 can be achieved in one day. If you're really that desperate you can get there in 1 day. Max it should take is 1-3 days. You can catch up easily.

And again,just because you get to level 70 faster than someone else doesn't mean you will find the best gear, do you ever read what's on this thread and what I'm saying?

Regarding WMAT and Scramble, I'm positive those won't be added till later on after the open beta launch. So you will have plenty of time to gear up for that. Even if it does release at launch (unlikely it will) 1-30 is so achievable in 1-2 days. Again, 1-2 days isn't a big chunk of time.

What you seem to not understand is this, you're assuming everyone in DBO is going to progress at the same pace and you want leveling for everyone to be at a steady average pace. This is not going to happen, believe it or not someone is going to get to level 70 in 2-3 days. That's the nature of the game. Are you saying that's unfair for you because you can't level up that fast?

And before you bullshit about oh, you're paying and we have to do hard work.. Been there, done that. If it's that big a problem for you, save extra bucks and buy the stone.

Actually I did, you claim it's unfair because we will get easier access to high-level items? You consider level 33 high level? And no it won't affect cash shop, because we're not gonna have the benefit of farming items while questing like normal players will have. When we reach level 33, you do realize we are going to be really under powered right. We'll most likely have to use basic gear from merchants till we find new stuff. And no, just because I'm +20 levels than you doesn't mean i'm going to find better gear than you.You don't just collect rare and legendary gear by being a high level. Good gear isn't first come first serve basis. It's actually better for you since you're spending more time farming mobs. The likelihood of you finding good gear early game, is higher for people who quest normally. And if you don't agree with that, you clearly haven't played DBO for that long.

So yeah, this isn't a pay2win feature which you claim it to be.
    Pay2Win is when there's a considerable difference between the cashers and free players. The only difference here is that cashers will get to 33 instantly while free players will have to play feasible 1-2 day more to get there. Which is indeed a very small number considering the amount of days we're going to spend on this game.

Well theres nothing to discuss here, i know you guys that defend to buy stuff and have any kind of advantage even from the beginning, if you had a chance to buy 5 characters lv70 with +15 gear and all wishes from shenron from the beginning, u will buy it aswell and skip everything, because why not ,its your money you can do whatever you want with it, thats it, what can i say is enjoy and thanks for keeping alive server for the rest of us even gets transformed in a p2w, we dont have other choice so in that case, buy/Sell as much as you want with no restrictions at all :)

Well yes ofc, if there were options to that I'm sure some of us will choose to buy it. But that's the reality of having $$$ right? You get options when you're willing to spend money. Free players can't expect to have the same benefits as a Casher. Btw (That idea is completely absurd and I don't agree with it, the lvl 33 item is far different from that if you're trying to relate the two)

And your post seems to be more like a rant with misguided, non- helpful information, so I'll be ignoring this post.