Posts by Aru

man, your spot on. Time flies by, and grinding and grinding all over till level 70 just to grind it all over again, damn.

I mean, people sure have a lot of free time...i wish i had thay free time, but hey! Lifes short.

Personally, I don't understand the mental process of someone who would actually WANT all their hard work deleted if given the option.

A Pre-beta test is not a full game: as a pre-beta tester you are playing/testing for a collective objective, the game development. The rules of this Pre-beta were stated, and still, you both decided to spend your free time and work hard to go there. I mean, no one will blame you guys if you played to have fun and re-live dbo times before the game is fully re-released - I for once also enjoy re-playing it - but it was stated that it will be a collective effort. You were playing for all the users, not for you as an individual. The hard work of people who got to 70 clean and with no abuse was not for them, it was for everyone that will play after this phase ends.

No one will punish having fun with that, that's for sure, but apart from that you expect to be rewarded individually? No one tricked you into playing, if you didn't want to contribute to the development you should have done the same as many players did: don't play until beta. They are not to blame, no one force you to play this test phase, and no one will point fingers if you don't. But what's really "mind-blogging" is that you still expect rewards when everything was explicitely said.

You can't have your cake and eat it.

What @AngelC said too.

use @unstack or add someone else to a party and ask for popo stone party summon. There has been many threads asking this, so please use the search function before posting. Thanks,

Thanks for the vid Garek, just seen it! So it seems as you can pick among many wishes :)

However, I hope the db hunt keeps the lvl range drop (within 5 levels of the char hunting, at least from my own experience in TW). Otherwise it might get messy :D

The event is for dragon ball hunt, which indeed, lead to wishing for super saiyan (and to pure buu/great namek for the other races). In original DBO you had many different wishes, Dragon Buffs were also really cool (buffs that increased 20% stats like STR, SOL, FOC, DEX, CON, ENG).

However, there is no date nor time yet, as that post in Facebook is the only thing posted on that matter as far as I know. I don't know if Daneos will make all the wishes available or if it will only be special transformation for now.

Best thing you/we can do is wait for his next post :)

Cheers,

Aru :D

This has been discussed extensively already in this thread:

How I think Danny should handle the wipe

Here Daneos quote on the matter:

No rewards will be given.

No one forced anyone to play this BETA TEST phase, it was stated before and several times that characters were going to be wiped. People played still because it's fun or - even better - because they wanted to test bugs and help the game development.

I'm not saying tweaks are out of the question (for example in the upgrade system, which always come into the discussion when we talk about the drop rate of stones), but when you take into consideration what kind of game DBOG is, you understand why it's designed that way.

I used the 2 server example to illustrate the "fun" in grinders and the content issue, not to dismiss your argument itself. Look at the quote with which I ended my last post, I think tweaks are needed too, not just this one in particular (at least not right now).

You seem to conflate change with some sort of binary switch: either we have OP exp boosts, and much more drops, or Keep Exp same, and keep drops the same... That's a false dichotomy!

On another subject...

It's not the difference between 0 and 100, and you must understand that the overwhelming evidence of the situation demonstrates that the meta-game is suffering as a result of the abhorrent drop rates.

We had a nice conversation up to this point. No need to dramatize this. Look, it's been only a few days since stone drops are back. More people are dropping... how do I know? AH is back with stones, each day with lower prices. Not as fast as we'd wish, but that's because people equip first and then sell, I think we'll get regular prices back in some time. If someone selling, that means someone's dropping. Patience.

Or a barren hardcore meta, where only the most hardcore DBO players will grind the game into infinity dedicating all of their time resources to farming, a meta where unless you have +15 legendary gear, the simplest mistakes will result in your immediate annihilation.

Wow wow, I used to play in old dbo and I had no +15, but I could access to a lot of pve content and even tried budokai with some good battles.

The reason DBO lost success was because of the latter: I also remember foreigners destroying us competitively because of how much time they dedicated to the game. Entire guilds with all level 70's all having +15 gear, knowing the spawn location of every boss in every dungeon, etc. The game was founded upon it's Pay 2 Win aspects, as even flight needed to be purchased

Time spent is supposed to reward the player. P2W is already adressed by Daneos.

Look, my comment is not supposed to convince you, but to offer every forum user another point of view. They and you can do whatever you want with it: agree, disagree, dismiss... All I can say to you is that I appreciate your passion to contribute to this game, and wish you good luck. If you want to keep the conversation going feel free to shoot me a PM, I won't continue in your thread.

:)

And this is another natural consequence of statistics: Things like this can and are practically bound to happen, however these are the exception, not the rule, and have little significance when looking at the majority. This rebuttal is analogous to suggesting to someone that the lottery is fair because hundreds of people have won it in history, while neglecting the millions who've played.

This apply also to your situation, it's practically bound to happen that someone has less or zero drops once or many times during their farming sessions. Lottery IS NOT fair, but still people buy lotteries. They don't buy it because it's fair, they buy because they want to have a chance - even if it's low - because it is a game. And this is a game too.

And you don't see that as a problem? I'm not asking for the mods to alter this game into oblivion, I'm merely asking for a seemingly minor alteration that would likely benefit the community as a whole. Am I asking for 4x The rate? 10x?! Heck no! I still admire the process of more play time -> Greater rewards, and a 2x alteration would at best satisfy hundreds of more players.

Grinders are a popular genre, more so in Korea than in the Western countries. The difference is that when they started with grinders they weren't alone in front of their pcs at home. They played in PC Bangs with friends and that changed the perspective of how a grinder is approached not by changing the game but by changing the way you play it. It's a different approach to things, not only games.

Western made games tend to give more rewards to keep things going, grinders are not like that. You have to work extra hard for items and stuff, it isn't just the case in DBO. It is an essential part of the game, because the gameplay is based on that as I already mentionned before. DBO retail ended because there was no new content and the company broke. You have to understand that the grinding is part of the content in this genre.

Take a look at this thread:

Make 2 Private Servers

This was a suggestion on making a normal server and a "fun" server with higher exp and drops (which would support in a larger way your arguments). Most forum users - many of them experienced players afaik - disagreed with the idea. You know why? Because the fun server would be done in 2 secs. The thing is with this kind of games you just have to understand and accept that there isn't one just form of fun, but many. It's not easy, but I can assure you lots of players from old dbo and some new players understand it.

So it's not just about the genre, but it's also about what we have in DBO as a revival. With easier rewards and easier access to everything people would have more "fun" at the beginning, but the game would not have longevity. It's normal that some players try the game and then just dismiss it because it's tough or boring to grind or farm all the time: that's ok. But people should be aware of what kind of game this is when they get into it.

I'm not saying tweaks are out of the question (for example in the upgrade system, which always come into the discussion when we talk about the drop rate of stones), but when you take into consideration what kind of game DBOG is, you understand why it's designed that way.

Using these estimations, (while ignoring my bad luck because I call hax) I'm disinclined to believe that the 1/1000 odds are correct, and it's likely the the odds are much lower!

Hello, although I appreciate your effort and passion to show us these calculations, you have to understand this is based on your own personal experience.

Increase Stone Upgrade drop effect

In this thread you can see some people also have low drop rate but other have normal or good drop rate. For instance, I have a guildmate who recently dropped around 3 stones in about half an hour (2 reds one purple) in papaya island, last map of the game.

You know why is that? The way I see it, it's because the rate isn't calculated on you and only you - or only one player -, it is based on all the players. A drop rate of 10% of lp potion doesn't mean that everytime you get 10 drops one MUST be a lp potion, it means that this should be the case as an average among every player, all the time.

No matter the drop rate, higher or lower, you won't drop the same amount of one kind of an item EVERYTIME. One day you might drop 3 in 20 mins, other day not a single stone in 2 hours. A drop rate isn't a rule, it is - surprisingly - just a rate. While you have zero drops, someone else is dropping stuff (not to make you feel bad, but that's the way it is). And you know why drops work like this? Because otherwise everyone would be done in no time and there would be no need to have a transaction tool as elementary as an Auction House to exchange stuff for zeni and zeni for stuff when you don't get it directly through farming.

Except stones in this game shouldn't be treated like shiny pokemon: They're not the rare treasure everyone wants more than anything else, no- They're a necessary part of the game that allows us to improve our gear as we level up. Dragon ball online without stones would be a significantly different game.

I don't know a thing about Pokemon games after the game boy color ones xD but stones are far from being shiny pokemons, that I can guarantee.

This server has so much potential, and for people who don't have much time to grind (I could've been questing this whole time, but my week off is over) this would provide an excellent incentive for players to grind more often. I dedicated my time to this research to contribute to the community in some capacity, and I'd love to hear your responses!

I am sad to inform you that this game is considered as a grinder mmo: that means that most of the time you have to grind and grind. Even questing is mostly about grinding mobs all the time, what changes is the skins and the level most of the time. It isn't supposed to be easy and can easily be tedious. It's a specific genre, and sometimes people don't understand that the better thing to do is to also spice it up a bit, do not only grind solo or quest solo all the time. Now we have UDs and BID1, those are fun ways to enjoy with guildmates or other players while also getting exp. In the future we'll have other instance like TMQs, other BIDs, CCBD and Budokai to enjoy ourselves, so keep that in mind :D

Another suggestion would be able to purchase stones on the Token shop, except raise the prices of the darn things. I have nearly 1200 tokens, and with 100 tokens per u70 stone (BLUE OR RED ONLY, NO PURPLES OR GREENS OR WHITES), that might seem like a decent trade-off...

I have to disagree with this suggestion as it would crash the game with afk players, and an end game item like u70 stones shouldn't just be given away by being logged in.

Getting back to the last quote, an mmo game demands time, some people have more and get to 70 with endgame gear in some days/weeks but other just level slower because they have less time. AND THAT'S OK, it is not a race. You should enjoy everything. I can be an example. I already have a lvl 70 char, and had last night free to play (after a long time). I also have an alt who is lvl 48 now, and decided to level it up. I went to UD3 after making some parties and had a nice time, made rookie mistakes, had some hard times with some mobs, died once or twice, but I had fun. I had more fun with a Under lvl 50 than with a lvl 70. That doesn't mean that I don't want it to level up ofc, but enjoy the road, do not only think of the destination.

That's my take on this subject.

Cheers,

Aru :dpeace:

Well i prefer to grind and quest with Needles and waste "some" time than pay later for book restarter and waste zenni. I think im not only one :P. If someting is good only in leveling, that means its useless becouse one day You hit max level.

I got the feeling that everytime you just answer half of the arguments I give you :/

Everyone has their preferences. In fact, You get zeni by dedicating some time to the game when you farm for drops to sell right? So with time you earn zeni, and you can use zeni to save time too, buying good gear rather than dropping it or buying resets rather than struggling with one-target skills.

Something is useful once it helps as a mean to get somewhere. One of the objectives in the game is to hit level cap, those energy attacks can be one of many ways to get there: it's just another option. If you don't like it that's ok.

Martial artists have a ROLE: having good dps like your needles and also having good aoes with the attacks this poll mentions would give two different roles to one class, which would destroy any balance (not stating that retail dbo was balanced, but a change like this would definitely make things worst IMHO). I think the current poll results show you how many forum members understand this.

I believe you have already decided your position on this matter and nothing I'll say will change this. If that's true then I'd rather stop discussing with you because we won't get anywhere.

Cheers,

Yeah its obvious but why the hell they created Energy Attacks in class that got a lot more Physical attack base. No sense, + these energy atks got long cast time. If big bang + final flash got proper damage to High Speed Needles (a bit stronger but got cast time) it should be fine. People will have choice. For now Energy attacks in Fighter are just for fun, cant compare with fast-attacking needle's crits.

Not every skill can be 100% optimal: we have plenty of skills to choose from because you have to make a choice. If you want to fit better in a certain role well you have to sacrifice something, and that begins from the moment you pick your race and class in the character selection.

There are energy attacks because they can be helpful in pve leveling situations, but just because they exist you can't expect to come close to what a kame does: martial artists are not nukers, they are dps.

If you want to have strong aoes maybe you should pick another class and not martial artist. Some rework might be done - not of this order which is the opposite of balance - but still, only after Daneos makes the game closer to retail dbo. And we are far from that.

Bugged quests is normal in test phase, you don't have to do all the quests in order to level up. As a matter of fact, you'll start to have some grinding from 55 (not always) and full grinding from 65-70 so I suggest you just move on, everyone who played had to let behind many quests.

:)

Please, try to explain the content of your thread in the title, don't just post random general questions.

You should have quests until 65 with little grinding in some levels. 65 to 70 is all grind. Quests are bugged, but it isn't really an obstacle to get to level cap: as you can see in game, there are many lvl 70 around.

So no, fixing those quests doesn't affect the overall testing experience, thus it isn''t a priority right now in my opinion.

If you need to ask more questions feel free to shoot me a private message, I'll be glad to help you out and discuss anything you want in English or in French.

Cheers,

Aru :dpeace:

a) It's supposed to be hard I think: u70 stones are the last items you'll need ingame apart from jewelry.
    b) That's when you change channel or look for another spot. Drop rate won't change this: people will farm as long as there is something to drop that is needed for them to use or to sell. I take the oportunity to say that people approach this awfully. They think a whole zone is their spot when they take space for at least 2 people grinding easily with reasonable respawning time for mobs. Or they think you are stealing someone's spot once they see you there: you should first tell what is going on (Hey, sorry I'm farming/grinding here, could you please take another spot or change channels?) before accusing the person who just got there.

Prices will go down, it's been only 2 days since drop rate has been changed. More people will drop - you can see in papaya everyone farming EVERYWHERE - and more people will sell: sellers will have to compete and lower their prices.

A couple of hours ago I saw u70 red around 19kk in AH: 6kk less than what you saw 8 hours ago. I'm not saying the prices will go down that fast, but prices should go back to a more reasonable price, just not instantly. The fix will affect the economy, but you have to give it some time.

DBO is a grinder mmo: you mostly kill mobs all day everyday, that's part of the challenge. It's expected to have to farm for some time to get stones and get your gear ready for end-game dungeons.

Look, I have been farming some since the update and had zero drops, plus I only have +1 on my gloves and +1 on my pants, everything else is 0. I'm far from being ready for dungeons. I feel the pain myself, but I still feel it's normal that they drop waaaaaaaaay less often than mystery items.

I don't think you are whining, I think you should be patient.

Server Status

Do not create unnecessary
    threads that the server is offline. They wont be read anyway and do count as spam.

When servers/channels are down there is only two explanations:

1) There is an unexpected crash because of a bug abuse or too many players. This usually happens often after an update and there is no way to estimate when everything will be back to normal.
    2) Daneos is doing a maintenance to fix things or update the game: you can check the

Global Update Thread for updates

or sometimes a specific maintenance thread for estimations on when the servers are going to be back, like the last one:

Server Maintenance 15.10.2016