Posts by Etaelle

seems weird too, on my chef, turtle and plasma im getting hammered badly, but my fighter and sm arent doing as bad.... Suprise Suprise tho, all updates favour MA,

Going to further investigate tho

Im still getting hammered pretty hard on my SM but I'm not terribly well geared on her either so I dont know there.

I just had a friend of mine who has similar stats to me on his 66 fighter come and try the same mobs. He gathered like, 20-30 of the same mobs, and they barely scratched him. 4 kill me in less than 10 seconds. He has roughly the same LP and defense stats as me.

we might be slightly stronger, but with mobs still dodging the way they were before plus with added strength makes them way too op. From one mob lvl43 with my chef lvl 43 with +11 armor on all im getting hit 500-800 per hit lool... I left afk to see how fast they killed me. In 8s I was dead lol when before it still took a while. Hope daneos knows this, makes grinding and pve really a pain

Im not lasting a whole lot longer in a similarly geared DW...Hope this gets fixed soon =(

I have a different question. It's mostly about Kami's Splendor. I keep hearing it's bugged and that it doesn't work right - is it worth taking for a pve player, or should I skip over it? Also, I Noticed you said something about Kaioken 1 being as strong as 3, is that still accurate?

You can't get "real damage numbers" simply because DoTs Rely on weapon/subweapon Upgrade.
    Other Attacks do regular damage, let's say 300%, so all you need is 3 x Attack to get the damage (Not exactly, but this gets you pretty close)
    DoTs have Originally set numbers which modify themselves to your upgrades rather than be a % that you can multiply to something you have.

Okay that definitely makes sense. My next question is do we know what numbers the dots are based off of to calculate the damage? I know a lot of the formal calculations haven't been released yet, but I'm still hopeful lol.

Regarding the damege numbers: I've been wondering for a while now if it'd be possible to code the game in a way that proper damage numbers could be shown in the damage description. Maybe that's just because I'm a spoiled dude (have been playing League of Legends since its release) and it's somewhat frustrating to see something like 120% state damage + 16 abdominal damage/2s while it does several hundred damage per tick.

I know that this isn't exactly part of the conversation at hand, but that way everyone could calculate damage output way better, no?

You actually touched directly on one of my major points confusion. I see "16 points of abdominal damage" and are pretty much left saying not with the point, only to find out its significantly more than that.

yes exactly currently my guide is out of date since daneos changed the dots calculations right now all I have (not added yet il will add as soon as I get them all) is calculations for the following dots double bleed solid bleed, searing crane, mystical crane typhoon, dodon ray, dodon ray barrage, fiery shout .
    I still need area bleed, gut buster, crane cyclone and posion bleed and destructo disc which I will have tested by next week and then I will update.

I will also be updating my builds accordingly for the new dot calcs that daneos implemented in january

I'd read your old guide and it was really outstanding - Thank you for all the hard work on it! I'll definitely check out your updated one. =) Thank you!

Hi all - Been a lurker, first post so please be gentle.

I recently started a Crane hermit and absolutely love playing it, but I have some questions about the dots and how to gear. What goes into the calculations for the dots? It seems logical that bleeds and abdominal pain would be physical...as far as burn or poisons go, I could see either side, but my question is this: Where do the actual calculations come from? Are they all from one or the other? Both? I've been trying to search the forums and haven't had much luck in finding information. I'm sure its out there, and I'm just missing it. Could anyone wiser than myself please lend their sage input?

Thanks in advance!