Posts by EchoSon

Daneos already confirmed it is working 100% so go get some fking gear with a good amount of atk speed and stop complaining .

Think instead of blindly assuming Daneos can't be wrong. There's no reason to get attack speed when your skill's raw damage output is faster.

Whatever it is i'm sure that by now almost all of you understand and respect that we are in a Pre-beta state. All of this will be fixed when we move onto Open-Beta which is what we should all remember before any/more arguments arise.

Of course the goal is to fix as much as possible before the Open Beta, but how can it get fixed when Daneos thinks it's correct? Daneos would be correct if he was trying to say that 100% attack speed doubles autoattack speed exactly in DBOG. However, clearly in the retail version of DBO, attack speed increased it far more than that. He'll need to look into the calculations again to match those of DBO's, or see if he overlooked a glitch that's causing the stutter.

If he doesn't want to match Attack Speed to retail DBO, he can tell us that and the case is closed, but until then, we'll have to keep presenting evidence that he's mistaken.

If you have Big Bang, Final Flash(and no Super Ghost Kamikaze), then Final Effort will be redundant to you. I'd suggest leveling Energy Barrage with Final Effort's points, so you can deal more constant damage from afar.

Not sure how I feel about Solar Flare. You have to get close to land that, and it'll only last for 10 seconds. It's generally alot better when you're all under high pressure. An Energy Fighter doesn't often fight under that kind of pressure. The points COULD go to High Speed Needle so you won't be as extremely lacking in close-quarter combat.

i just tested on a human fighter, speed isnt bugged at all, its just like retail.

Don't be like that. "It seems to work" =/= "It's exactly like in retail"

We're looking at 80-90% attack speed total on a Martial Artist, which cannot be allowed to be slower than in that video. The point of attack speed is to temporarily deal more raw damage than you would with skills, which it simply doesn't do right now because of your character waiting awkwardly between each animation.

-Just to dispel any ping-affects-attack-speed myths, your character would still hit every auto-attack even with terrible ping. It'd simply skip animations sometimes and suddenly count every hit all at once.(which made for a painfully loud stacked punching sound) There are NO extra attacks invisibly happening due to lag or ping in DBOG. I've checked the combat log myself.

-There's no way the lvl 44 had much faster attack speed than Unfading OR me. Since 12% is the upper limit of attack speed on gloves AND sticks at level 44, that makes his max possible attack speed 91%.(12+12+17+50) And I HIGHLY doubt he was wearing perfect speed gear.

-Yes, the stutter happens to everyone, regardless of where they live.

-At 86% attack speed I unleash exactly 8 auto-attacks every 5 seconds. Used the combat log for proof. This guy doesn't seem to have his combat log active, but he's likely hitting around 15 attacks every 5 second. The fact I'm having trouble counting the amount of animations the lvl 44 went through, but am easily keeping up with my own, should say enough.

There's no argument here. Attack Speed is slower than in the video. It's ridiculous that people try to act like there's an "opinion" about it being slower or not. The numbers don't lie. If you're just trying to get rid of attack speed strategies, then ask for a lowered cap instead.

This'll probably get deleted soon since it's a question in Player Guides, buuut....yes. That's not bad. Take out 3 points in Thunder since you'll never need more than 20 seconds in PvP, and use Spirited Roar instead of Might.

There's not many oppertunities for buffs in Ranked/Budokai PvP, so you may as well get the strongest buff if you must buff anyway. Also, Swiftness COULD be replaced with Wolf Fang Fist. A tertiary attack in PvP can be very important since you may not get an oppertunity to cast Concentration.

Hi!

Rock Paper Scissors: I think RPS isn't good because Needles do higher damage for less SP, while having more range, crit damage, and pole damage calculation bonus. So you may as well go for that 1 second confusion if you REALLY want RPS.

Storm Strike: Ah yeah! I completely forgot about using the cooldown reduction RP ability to spam Storm Strike. I don't see many Fighters using it, but I'll put it down anyway.

Yield: I still don't think that one small niche advantage justifies the SP cost, but I'll put it down!

Blitz Fist: 100% attack speed wasn't the speed cap everywhere, and doesn't seem to be the speed cap here either. Even if the cap did become 100% again, you could reach 100% by using Blitz Fist's 20%, Thunder's 50%, a dogi ball/title, and a glove's 26%. Then you could have anything you like on your pole.

DEX: Which is 8.1% extra chance to physically critical hit. Hit 100 and you'll always crit. At least that's how it worked in DBO KR. I don't know if it doesn't stand for crit percentage in DBOG.

Needles: I did mention that.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUeEw2y7jOfJmsNcgdMkaMjG2UdzBYkGm0kxxQccoGV5KEJUbnHg

Since you seem really interested in hitting crits....

Might I suggest getting a maxed Kaioken instead of the 3 points put into Storm Strike? You're going overkill with a maxed Big Bang AND Final Flash paired up with "Prepared to Roar", so you're pretty much guaranteed to murder things in AoE with just those 2 already. (Just remember to remove Prepared to Roar when you're fighting bosses or that lack-of physical defense is going to kill you.)

While Kaioken Might lose it's crit boosts, it's destined to have more potential attack power than SSJ because of the SP needed to max it and it's stacking ability.

No matter what way you look at it, Might is a little weaker. Even considering the 16% crit damage bonus, which becomes 24% IF you crit with a needle. (And no, the 46 extra physical attack you get as bonus will not make up for the lower damage percentage at level 70.)

The reason crit-based Fighters can max Might over Spirited Roar is if they hate it's energy defense weakness, or if they're looking to spend less SP. In which case, it's a totally acceptable trade-off.

I'd still rather have dogi balls become "armor balls", since dogi's are meant for appearance customization, but that's just me.

Buying temporary vehicles and 75% fuel in the token shop sounds neat, if that means the Cash Shop can have permanent vehicles with no time limit. Vehicles aren't THAT great when you can just fly or use warps/Ask Popo/Instant Transmission, so I feel like I'm missing the point when people get all uppity over it.

Fighters are supposed to have high dodge, but they are ruined now, so a "fighter" is on the low tier

"Ruined" is a bit dramatic. Skills just don't calculate hitrate/dodge for now, but it'll come soon! Depending on how overpowered dodge will be, though, Fighters will either end up top tier or bottom.

I really feel like they need something else to set themselves apart. Dodging is all about frustating luck. It's irritating to the other player when you dodge everything, and it's frustating to you when RNG's not on your side and you dodge nothing.

The fact you need expensive and/or limited healing items just to stand the best chance is really stupid. If you guys really want a healing item that badly, just give us free budokai/ranked exclusive items that can be used once per round, and disappear once you're out of budokai/ranked matches.

208.png GLITZ

214.png SOLAR FLARE

387.png  THUNDER

385.png  STORM

=========== Passive Fighter Buffs (always active) ================

217.png FIGHTING MASTERY

218.png EVADE UP

219.png KI BURST

266.png INCREASE HIT RATE

=========== What Dragonbuffs should I get first? ================

As almost any class, I'd suggest getting the Dragon King's Constitution first. 361.png It'll help you live longer as a frail fighter, as well as upkeep Kaioken.
    Next you should get the Dragon King's Focus 362.png, since you will want to make up for your hitrate weakness, and this buff increases your stun and debuff success.
    Finally, once you have Fighting Mastery maxed out and gained lots of Dexterity, further boost your dexterity with the Dragon King's Dexterity! 363.png

Any other dragonbuffs are mostly just for luxury, so get them in your own desired order after that!

======= Fighter Skills ========

206.png  SPIN RUSH

209.png  STORM STRIKE

213.png  HIGH-SPEED NEEDLE

216.png SUPER HIGH-SPEED NEEDLE

215.png FINAL FLASH!

349.png BIG BANG ATTACK

207.png SWIFTNESS

210.png BLITZ FIST

211.png  INSTANT TRANSMISSION

386.png SUPER GHOST KAMIKAZE ATTACK

103.png KAIOKEN (Info now lines up correctly with DBOG)

146.png SUPER SAIYAN (Updated with DBOG's info)

202.png GUARD

=========== Passive Buffs (always active) ================

173.png INCREASE PHYSICAL ATTACK

157.png INCREASE SPIRITUAL ATTACK

======= Martial Artist buffs ==========

153.png SPIRITED ROAR

155.png OPENING ROAR

160.png PREPARED TO ROAR

165.png YIELD

171.png INTIMIDATION

158.png SPEED UP

163.png FORTITUDE

175.png MIGHT

164.png SHAKE

169.png ROAR

176.png CONCENTRATION

=======================
    1_small.png Martial Artist - Fighter 11_small.png
    =======================

11034375_1550104818604283_7680227657982765034_o.png

Fighters are among the most popular classes to play in the game, branching off from the Martial Artist Class. They are able to use Vegeta's entire arsenal of moves, all while fighting with power poles, smashing people in the gut so hard they can't move, and have amazing dodge potential. They're the closest class to resemble Vegeta and Goku, so it makes sense why people gravitate towards Fighters this much. Their playstyle takes advantage of burst damage in 1v1 combat, relying on criticals and dodges to dominate. They have some decent AoE options later as well, though those are trickier to use than other classes.

There's been plenty of general guides of how to make a good Fighter, but one of the hardest and most disputed things for people to do is to make their "perfect" build. I believe there are multiple ways to play a Fighter besides the cookie cutter builds. So I'm here to judge every skill that a Fighter can potentially wield, and explain their potential uses, to help people who struggle finding what they want for themselves.

Plan your own Fighter Build here: http://tools.dboglobal.to/dbo_skill_calculator/?tool=Skill-Calculator&class=Fighter

======== Martial Artist attacks ============

156.png  DOUBLE STRIKE

174.png KIDNEY SHOT

152.png ROCK PAPER SCISSORS

159.png WOLF FANG FIST

166.png QUICK ATTACK

154.png TUNNEL SLASH

162.png CONCENTRATED KAMEHAMEH

170.png ENERGY BARRAGE

177.png FINAL EFFORT

172.png STRONGER ENERGY BARRAGE

I don't know if i'm the only one who noticed but mobs have like 100% Success rate, also why the hell can a level 5 monster dodge a level 70 fighter auto attack? i don't know if its a bug or intended ?

Definitely a bug. All skills right now have no dodge calculations, but for a monster that seems to count for curses too.

I remember once i had a char turtle lvl 40-49 dont exactly remember i had no dex gear like at all and i had another char i was leveling lvl 20 martial artist i tested a duel between them the level 20 wasnt able to hit once with nothing....

Daneos seems to have yet to put in level-scaling, or at least make it noticeable. Even when a high level wears no gear and has no buffs, your hitrate, success rate, resist rate, and dodge rate would be drastically lowered in calculations against such high levels. Combine that with a high level's defense being usually far higher, and it'd make the high level guy seem invincible.

I'd love PvP too if battles just didn't end so fast. As the first team showed, without good equipment, you're going to get insta-killed by a simple turtle wave. We need reduced PvP stun time, defense and resistance need to count way more in PvP too, and having 10 seconds pre-battle for people to activate some buffs or transformations would be fantastic. Most buffs are a waste of SP right now as far as ranked/budokai PvP is concerned.

I think the free upgrade stones from NPC quests are already enough as is. I've had no trouble leveling in DBO even with the coupons not working, so I think that goes to show how redundant and overpowered they were. Maybe just give us a Z32 item bag, a free pet, green Yardrat teleportation items, some 20% movement speed pots, or other things that don't directly affect the game's combat.

He's focusing on fixing bugs and releasing TMQ/CC currently, so difficult-to-fix skills affecting 1 obscure class are probably not coming for a while. I doubt he'll release the Open Beta with something so important missing, though!

Until then, they're still useful as backup healers and for making attack speed parties, though! (...well...that is, once attack speed stutters get fixed )