Posts by hugorrrlando

Or you can do it the opposite way.

If you offer a significant enough reward for players who find a way to break the game (zeni/upgrade/duplicate/crash/cash/etc) they may be happy reporting the bugs they are abusing right now (this is a very popular method "ethic hacking").

Instead of banning every player who abuse bugs you can reward them for sharing the bug so it can be fixed. Encourage those players to continue trying to break the game and the game will be safer sooner.

Rewards can be anything but it need to be worth it.

If the game is safe you dont need to worry about figuiring out the best way to ban ppl, you wont ban anyone if they cant break the game).

Dont be that supriprised, whether if you cash hard or you farm 24/7 for 1 year non stopping there is no way to get that much stuff.

It doesnt matter if its an upgrade/zeni/duplicate or whatever bug you can imagine but it is a vulnerability in the game.

The big picture is the game's life cycle was pretty good:

• Daneos by his own in a small community (ragezone or something like that)
    • Creating his own community (DBOG) with a small team of moderators/gms/translators
    • Founders packs to speed up the development (if Daneos make money with this project he can put in more time = accelerate game development)
    • Closed beta for founders (rewarding the investment) + increasing the moderators/gms team from time to time as the community was getting bigger
    • Pre Open beta to get a real feeling of a big amount of players trying to play/hack/break the game + Mateo (another dev) speeding up the progress for a short period of time (idk what happened to him but as far as i know is not in the team right now)
    • Server wipe and Open Beta officially started with 1 PERSON dealing with EVERYTHING (bug fixes + new content + maintences + website + forum + paying methods + paying disputes + making decisions about new changes such as balance/events/pay2win etc). The "TEAM" is just a small group of good ppl trying to calm down the forum and translating the game.

He can react to hacks banning ips/accounts, eventually fixing some bugs if any honest player find give good insights, or spending even more time searching logs but with this organization formula you cant expect to have a safe game.

Yes, you take some risks hiring ppl and you lose control of the project status but it is necesary in order to survive. The game is dying already wether we like it or not.

Daneos should be the leader of the project. Right now you have leaders for the moderators, you have a leader for translations team but you dont have a leader for the DEV team since there is no dev team to lead.

There is no official art team to keep the game fresh (there are great modders/artist who love dbo and Daneos has significant knowledge about how the 3d objects work in dbo).

Its not about fear or greed, its about keeping up the great progress you have made, the game was succesfully revived. Now it needs a good project manager and a team to keep living.

* You can spawn pets during kamis retreats buff

* One of the pet's skill now stuns the target and you can cast pet skills no matter if poko priest is under any way of cc (if the pet is crowd controled then you cant cast pet skills).

Those are my suggestions that can improve poko class pvp wise (pve they are more than fine).

This achievement system can create oportunities to include less common classes into pve/pvp like challenges.

If the reward is worth enough ppl can tryhard new strategies.

PVE:

For example (you can be creative / the numbers are just to illustrate):

Complete cc90 in less than 60 minutes dealing at least 10.000.000 dot damage (each member's dot damage is added to this count and the whole party recieve the reward).

Clear ud6 with at least 3 humans in your party.

PVP:

Won kid budokai party without a dragon clan.

Get at least finals in adult party budokai without using htbs/transofrmations (this one has nothing to do to includes non meta classes but i guess its fun).

I have played cheff and plasma until now and all over the pre open beta. Back in tw i have played for 3 years ultimate majin so if you want a majin experienced player feedback keep reading I will right in this thread my opinion about the cheff changes and my own personal recommendations.

I am loving all the changes and i think the game is much better now so I want to thank the team for that.

About the cheffs changes i think the two that are on point: the 35con buff being an aoe buff now and the con/eng passive.

i doesn’t like the str+dex new passive (speccially since cheff best damage skill is cluster bomb and it is energy for some weird reason), giant donkey slash its not viable since the skill is self cast and if you add the 2s cast time and the animation of the skill either you got interrupted or your target runs out of the skill’s area (if nobody else killed your target in this time).

Honestly the ep drain change does not mean that much for me bc the only scenario this debuff is useful is in pvp and even in pvp it is only useful against sks,dws and pokos (assuming SKs and DWs don’t ring you out before). The other classes just can either resist it or apply a chain off cc so you cant use the debuff (dendes can heal ep and remove it, same with ultimates and both classes have high resistance). Even for those classes that the debuff is useful against, they can use pot, autopot and senzu so it isnt that useful.

I would like changes that has a reason behind.

Defense rate change i have not gather enough information and testing to have a solid opinion about it so i would not give my point of view here.

One of the main problems of this class is the amount of sps you need to make a decent build, just try to make your own build and you’ll see, even an specific build like full pvp5v5 or full pve you cant have the skills you need in order to be competitive (even in 70cap).

My point of view is that cheff is pretty decent in pvp exclusively for dojo war and scramble. About PvE and the rest of PvP there are just better options than cheff.

My recommendations

PvP 5v5: increase the area of the candy aoe somewhat in between the plasmas aoe confuse and the karmas aoe confuse, make the mightys 14prop buff with a decent aoe 8 targets, increase the area of 23% con buff and reduce cd (same cd as lp reg% from ultimates).

PvP 1v1: the passive of defense rate I would change it to a "increase the chance of guarding against status effects by X% (same as warrior's buff) + increase movement speed by X%, both stats with decent amounts of %s can free you out from chains of cc making cheffs have a unique style of combat specially being something different from ultimates (ultimates can remove cc by themselves and remove debuffs). The damage cheffs deal is fair enough imo so I wouldn’t buff it . Reducing the 23%con buff cd is a must to be viable for solo pvp.

PvE: this is the most interesting imo. I think you can make a great change here making more classes viable for end game dungeons. If you change the hit rate/dex buff into a dex/“increase phy damage dealt from behind from X%” you are not nerfing the op energy speed party (dende ultimate poke karma turtle/crane) but you are opening a way for swords and fighters to be viable (without making the damages too op), To make this possible I would suggest change the str/sol buff into something more defensive (without making chef a beast). I tested my self, you are a lot weaker with cheff’s buffs compared to being buffed with ultimate’s buffs plus one of the op aspects of speed energy party is that they are all ranged classes so they don’t receive any aoe damage from the boss (martial artist are melee so they need better defensive buffs).

I don’t pretend every change to be applied nor making cheff a beast, these are just recommendations that I would want you to read.;)

Class balance is not only about pvp, if you dont have a chance to find a party just because your class is not balanced you wont be able to discover that bid1 is bugged...

The fixes and the balance will eventually come, just keep sending tickets to inform the issues to the staff.

Be patient guys, Daneos and the team are doing a great job, they said the balance will come in open beta and the open beta will last until 70cap so they have this cap and 60cap to balance the game. It sucks yes (i am a cheff main and my alt is a dw) but the changes will arrive sooner or later. Try to enjoy the game they bring back alive.

Actually speed is far easier than any other strategies, it is as simple as buff your party and start attacking till boss die, only stop your autoattacks if the boss buffs himself with reflect.

Lets be honest this game is not starcraft, there is not that much of skill neeeded but that does not mean it should be retarded.

With speed you rely on autoattacks, you dont need to care about ep management, you dont need to use the right rp powerup (poko and karmas only use rp to buff the party with attack speed and those classes can charge his rp using a skill), the speed meta is too safe rangewise since all of the classes are ranged except the buffer who can sit down and watch the boss die and the tank so you dont need to worry about aoe attacks from the bosses.

I can continue for hours but i dont want to bore you. This guy did what the gms wants, feedback from the community. He gave his point of view and possibles fixes that should be considered.

I played both pre open beta and retail dbo (3 years), no matter if we are "veteran" or not i agree with him 100% except the class balance.

I tried to post a thread very similar and belive me it is very hard to finish it. The fighter rework is super complete and detailed and while you keep reading the changes it starts getting less deeper and more like "i want to finish the thread".

Not sure about the "new content" discussion, we have a dev (the zenosama here), gms and forum moderators so there is not a single 3d modeler/animator/artist to create "new content". I see more viable to recycle the content (turn tmq2 to an end game dungeon at lvl80 cap for example).

It is unfair to transform u70 into u46/u55 bc they paid for them and if the stone were u46 from the beggining they would have saved the cash for u70 cap.

It is unfair to a non-casher that he dont stand a chance against a casher player not even close.

why not change every u70 stone for something worth for the cashers and less p2w at the same time?

For example change every red/blue u70 for 1 equipment box and every purple/green for 3 equipment box.

The difference between a 26 con pants and a 28con pants is not as big as the difference between a +10 pants and a +15 pants.

I know that the casher can sell the equipment box for zeni to buy stones (remember without the cashers there wont be any game).

This may look like a bad thing but actually it is good imo bc right now you want to buy something and the sellers only accept boxes,rare dogi balls or cash. Zeni is not valuable bc you can buy everything you want without it. With this change the zeni might be more valuable and it may reduce the amount of +15 at highers caps.

You can clear dungeons without ultimate/cheffs buffs, a bit more risky but faster.

Powerleveling in dungeons is not ruined because if you cant powelevel without buffs you can go inside with your lvl70 + the buffer + your low level char and then exit the dungeon with the buffer, again without buffs is more risky but faster, anyway you are gonna reach max lvl sooner or later try to enjoy the game and not rush it and when you are max lvl just stay in tatami.

This change is great not only for ultimates/cheffs, a lot of plasmas and pokos remain outside the dungeon entrance just to buff their guildmates.

It makes the game much more interesting since it opens the possibilities for a lot new variety of partys.

If you want to go without a buffer class just use more debuffs/buffs instead of just autoatack with speed/smash kames/ spam needless.

Here is a list of some useful debuffs that non-buffers classes have. I am not gonna mention useful buffs (healing, defense,cd, dex,foc,etc) bc the list would be too large.

I have a suggestion but more like in the long term.

Event name: The strongest of the universe.

The idea is to make a solo/party budokai once every 6 months or so but to participate in this budokai you will need to send to a GM/Daneos 10 champion tokens (the item you get when you win a budokai) if you are goint in party or 2 champions tokens if you are going in solo.

So we will need to work hard every budokai to prepare for this one.

This budokai of champions will reward the winner with a dragon ball scramble wish (each member of the party will recieve one). 1st 2nd and semifinalist will recieve the auras with a unique title and this maybe is a bit more complicated but would be awesome if modders could create a "champion of the universe dogi" with 2 different set of colors. So if the dogi is insane (we have modders here that are insane) the dogi with color 1 will remain exclusive for the champions and the dogi with color 2 will be in the wagu machine only the month of the tournament.

If you like the idea and you have some suggestions/improvements feel free to suggest.

You can obtain foc earrings from ccbd but i do agree with you it does not match props not even close.

However, i think dex do match props so maybe we can find a solution to make foc a viable alternative and give more option for FOC classes.

I hope you wont stay just with this poll to decide the final desicion about props.

Before the nerf we had 1 props except a few classes and it did not work.

Now we have .5 props and it do not work.

Honestly i do not agree with these kind of "balance" that we are experimenting like nerf amount of resist only in accesories or reduce props only for some classes, it is just not solid/durable and it just gives the idea of a patch instead of a deep fix.

I post something more in depth about this here [Suggestions] This Stats Need to bee reworked !

neither of the options is the definitive solution, the poll is fine to make the community express their opinion but it is not that simple.

Edit: i know you have the ntl documents with the formulas but the game was not balanced at least in tw servers i am sure you can do much better than ntl did.

Do not put every dogi in the game in the wagu machine at once.

Make a list of "rare/exclusive dogis" and pick just 1 or 2 to per month to be in the wagu machine and keep a few to give only via events.

It gives an idea of "cycle" and it makes you decide if you want to spend a lot of zeni to buy the dogi in the AH or wait X time to be available in wagu machine/event again.

This would be much more exciting when you see a player wearing a rare dogi.

In this post i am not giving any opinion bc i did not do the proper tests to conclude what should be done to balance the game but the idea here is to go back to the basics.

I know is hard but try to be objective and not think only in your main class, the goal here is to have the most class variety possible.

Main pros and cons of every class (PVP) just a general picture nothing too deep skip this if you know them:

Fighters:

Swords:

Turtles:

Cranes:

SKs:

DWs:

Dendes:

Pokos:

Chefs:

Ultimates:

Plasmas:

Karmas:

Here is when balance plays a major role. To have a balanced game every strategy should have both strong and weak points.

I will give you an example.

Using fighters since it is the most popular class, they need to dodge/resist a lot and they have big crit damage to burst enemies.

If fighters does not dodge/resist a lot to a low hit rate/focus enemy then it is broken, and in the other hand, if a huge hit rate/focus player does not often connect skills to a fighter it is broken too.

If fighters does not deal big damage to a low defense/low hp pool enemy then it is broken, and in the other hand, if a huge defense/huge lp pool class recieves huge damage from a fighter it is broken too.

A strategy without a counter play is a clear warning that the game is broken.

Stats like con, physical/energy denfese, , physical/energy attack, focus and dex must be balanced.

As i said before i am not giving any opinion on how these stats should be balanced bc honestly i do not know how to change them to make the game balanced.

If you have high upgraded weapons and your class skills deals high damage then you are supposed to deal great damage.

If you have high upgraded armor and your class buffs/passives gives you high defense then you are supposed to tank great damage.

Properties are just an optional bonus to increase even more this damage/defense but properties are not supposed to be a must have to survive/deal damage.

Every player should decide if he prefer to make their attacks a bit more powerful and their defense a bit more high using properties rather than use cd, crowd control reduction, constitution,focus,dex,etc. but every alternative has to has it strengths and weaknesses.

The problem right now is not if props are 1:1 0.5:1 0.5:0.5 the problem right now is that players need props to survive/deal damage.

Hope we can find a solution!

It is a compatibilty issue with w10, i installed w7 and the freezes are gone.

Of course w10 is not the problem, but until the game became 100% compatible with w10, just change to w7 if you want to avoid the freezes.

Spam TMQ would be cool too but then again it wouldn't fix tons of zeni problem that will show up.

Maybe for each TMQ that you finish, you get material or token to exchange where you can exchange them with zeni to get 5 binded boxes.

This post is just going anywhere, at the start i suggested this:

The crafting idea is way more interesting bc you need ingredients. If you could obtain these ingredients as drop in uds/tmqs this will encourage ppl to do more pve stuff instead of just cash and go tatami/budokai and it would be a big money sink so the economy would be better.

and you answer to me like i was retarded trying to explain why the point i made was wrong.

This is now a fight cashers vs non-cashers instead of a discussion to improve the game.

You can get boxes just by farming (sell the drop to get zeni and spend the silver coins you obtained farming in the event boss), this system encourge ppl to farm and participate in the world boss event so i would not remove it.

Keep in mind the easier you get the gear you want, the fastest you get bored of the game.

Regular shop idea is very hard to balance (the price should change according to the current economy of the game).

The crafting idea is way more interesting bc you need ingredients. If you could obtain these ingredients as drop in uds/tmqs this will encourage ppl to do more pve stuff instead of just cash and go tatami/budokai and it would be a big money sink so the economy would be better.

Also if the uds/tmqs have a maximum level (for example, tmq1 lvl25 to lvl30) this could avoid the classic "give me a turtle and i will spam tmq1 solo 24/7 to get boxes" making the game way more fun bc the lvl70 dungeons are a real challenge to lvl70 players plus you give a chance to lower levels to get brown boxes and you give them a reason to make instances like ud4/ud5/tmq2/tmq3 that right now there are not any reason to do them.