Posts by SpiderPawnch!

PVE crane in TW was a joke. They had literally one good skill for PVE, Graceful Backstab. Everything else was better suited for a turtle.

Only noob cranes use MCT for aoe damage. One of the most overrated and trashy skills in the Crane skill tree, if you ask me. Whats even worse, had it not been for the prevalence of (ill-informed) cranes using MCT, Phys Crit % for crane weapons never would have caught on lmao. The root of all evil, if you will.

@Sendoku , Clearly you never saw me duel then. There was another crane who was just below my tier, I forget his name, was something like "PianteBone" or whatever. He was pretty decent at pvp as well. FlamesBond was ALWAYS a joke (at least after the lvl 70 patch lol). I srsly could not understand why so many people thought he was good. Chalk it up to ignorance?

Alienware is definitely a good option. That is why it is one of my choices xD Sliding a big bulky laptop like the Alienware 15 r3 in and out of a backpack and carrying it all over the place isn't exactly as seemless as doing the same with the Blade, however. It just lacks that level of portability.

The Alienware is clearly the more "sensible" option. It has better performance, better features, better price, etc. But Razer is the more "luxurious" and tempting option. It is just beautiful with a beautiful glossy high color gamut screen, and beautiful crazy diverse keyboard lighting effects.

It's like comparing two options for marriage: On one hand you've got the wifey type who will treat you well, cook you meals, invite her family over and try to generally accommodate to your lifestyle. And then there's the trophy wife type; sexy, insane eye candy to look at, and you just drool looking at her. She's great in bed, and is someone you can easily go out on the town with and make others jealous. But she is expensive and liable to bail on your ass when the going gets tough lol.

Sleep is hard to pull off properly as the only time you SHOULD be using it is as a follow up to your Master Fan Out KD. The timing can be difficult since the skill will simply not cast if you click it too early. I recommend fast cast RP for sleep until you get the timing down perfect.

Also I agree, most cranes did not gear properly in TW. Stupid cranes using crit % when that stat would have no effect whatsoever for their DoTs. Better to stack DEX and CD like a mofo and spam the shit out of Solid Bleed max lvl. Get those p. crits going as well as crazy low cd and you are set. Unless of course your opponent has no antibleed, in which case dodonpa + dodon barrage (while sleeping) ---> into searing crane behind back for the win.

Cranes already got pretty High resistance naturally. Stacking DEX made it so almost any opponent would miss their stuns more than half of the time. Was great against all classes outside of Swordies with their crazy high Hit/ Success rate >.<

• Back in dbo taiwan, crane hermits actually had one of the most trouble and were actually one of the weakest classes in PVP (level 70 cap).

^LMAO. I guess that makes my accomplishments in 1v1 Pvp all the more impressive then :P

I could beat literally any class outside of well geared SMs with good ping. Every other crane I met whether they were foreign or not could never compete with me. A few extremely well geared Sks and Fighters DID manage to give me trouble, but literally every other class couldn't do shit. And yes, that includes Karmas too.

Of course, this is duels with RP lol. Not ranked.

Alienware. Why? Because they give you a warranty and will fix it for up to 4 years. Razer gives you 1 year. Good luck with that. American products usually suck and break, hence Alienware is better.

Alienware isn't an American company? Aren't they owned by Dell?

If you're ok with the fan noise ...
    If I had to recommend one of them I'd go with alienware.

Gaming laptops always heat up like crazy and the fans, for obvious reason, sound like planes taking off xD Not much in the first few weeks, some times you don't hear it that much in the first 2 months '-' but the day will come so brace yourself.

Fan noise really isn't all that big of an issue for me. Alienware has both quieter fans and runs cooler to boot, btw

i think for gaming alien ware is much more better Cuz of GPU u will have to buy an extern cooling to keep the laptop fresh cuz laptops get hot too fast while playing

I don't think I'd need an external cooler for the Alienware 15 r3 considering how good the cooling is on that thing (see the massive heat vents on the back lol).

If you are gaming, you will need good cooling system, if laptop is ugly you can just ignore it and play as you wish. Unless the screen resolution is really small.

Remember, in computers it is not how it looks what matters, it is what is inside!

Yeah, one of my concerns with the Razer Blade was the potential of the heat eventually frying the system lol. The thermals ARE better than the last gen Razer Blades (by about 5-10 degrees Celsius), but it is still pretty hot.

I do actually find the aesthetic appeal of a laptop to be important though. The Razer Blade is sleek and sexy, with a very slim width that is the thickness of a dime:

thinner-dime-mobile-bg.jpg

Portability is a big factor here too, btw.

Does it HAVE to be one of those 2 ?
    I was never a big fan of paying to own a piece of tech with a flashy logo '-'

Could I interest you in maybe researching on a "brand" called Clevo ?
    You can either see their option of choose your own (yup)
    At least give it a try, who knows, you might like it.

^Yeah, believe you me, I have researched over 80 different laptops -.-

Clevo's tend to have very questionable build quality with off center keyboards/ track pads. I am not just looking for pure "bang for buck" (if i was i would totally go for a pc instead).

I need good build quality, on center keyboards with good keys, good screens, good speakers, good wifi connection, among other things.

For me, the only thing holding me off from the Alienware is that it is a bit bulky, heavy, and ugly(lol).
    Only thing holding me off of the Razer Blade is the gtx 1060 is pushing it as maybe a tad too weak.

Each laptop has certain aspects that put them above the other in my mind. Alienware has a good price with good power, but it lacks the ultra portability of the Razer. Razer is the only one with the awesome GLOSSY screen (since i hate matte finishes) but the 1060 isnt quite strong enough to drive those native 4k resolutions in games.

Price is not an issue here, btw.

Ok, so after months of research, these are the two laptops I have narrowed it down to, as they suit my needs the best (and yes, I need a laptop lol; I know pcs with equal specs are priced like 3x cheaper):

Alienware 15" r3

• $1,800 - 2,500
    • GTX 1070 (8GB GDDR5)
    • i7-7700HQ (2.8 ghz - 3.8 ghz/w Turbo Boost)
    • 16GB DDR4 RAM
    • 15.6 Inch (1920x1080p IPS 60hz) OR (1920x1080p TN 120hz) OR (3840x2160p IGZO 60hz) <--- All screens matte finish
    • 7.8 lbs
    • Ethernet port
    • Perfectly centered keyboard with soft, cushiony keys
    • Good speakers
    • Good cooling system
    • UGLY laptop >.<

Razer Blade 14'' 2017 (4k refresh not yet released; screen is based on current Razer Blade Stealth and Razer Blade Pro 4k Panels)

• $2,400 - 2,800
    • GTX 1060 (6GB GDDR5)
    • i7-7700HQ (2.8 Ghz - 3.8 Ghz Turbo Boost)
    • 16GB DDR4 RAM
    • 14 inch (3840x2160p IGZO 60hz) <--- Glossy with high color gamut/ accuracy
    • 4.5 lbs
    • No Ethernet port
    • Centered Keyboard with clicky but silent keys (also crazy awesome RBG lighting)
    • Pretty good speakers
    • Cooling is "meh"
    • Beautiful sleek "Apple-esque" design <3