Posts by Sirab

I’m be honest it 2k18 and there a reason why all those Korea grind games die or dead right now. Changing the game from “easy mode” to hard mode won’t keep players around at all because all that grinding takes no skill. Only things that take some sort skill is probably 5v5 pvp, dojo war, kid budokai. Everything else is unbalanced no matter what you try to do to it hence to why all those people quit

Yeah that’s true thing is Dojo doesn’t even reward all the winners at all. For solo budokai the only very unique gear worth getting for the most part is the anti crit gloves. That’s it. I wouldn’t say its impossible to balance the content though. Just very very hard. Which is why we bump heads so much as a community.

And this is why the game's fate is sealed. DBO was developed with pay to win hurdles in mind. both the design of the game and the amount of content available were specifically tailored to require grinding in mind to lengthen the time it takes to make any visible progress. That's what KRMMO's are made for: incessant grinding is required to make any progress thereby encouraging you to have to pay real life currency to have any fun.

The fact that we can't alter the content just lends itself to a second demise. DBO failed for the same reason, what we're seeing here is history repeating itself.

Funny thing is, in KR/TW majority of F2P players had way more fun than the people who spent $1k+ on the game. And that’s because they didnt have to do anything, while F2P players had to play the game to progress.

Sounds like you’re making cry posts because you wanna keep this game easy.

If you consider mindnumbing grinding sessions lasting for literal hundreds of hours "gameplay", then you ought to be easily entertained by paint drying for all the difference it makes. In the time it takes to level one character to cap, I could easily make several alts for Elder Scrolls Online, level them to 50, equip them all with decent end-game gear, and STILL have 50 hours of pvp/dungeon finding/gear searching to do. Even after that I'd have hundreds of hours to level up my crafting, constantly make gold to buy and upgrade recurring armor upgrades, etc.

The fact that you have to admit that this game would struggle and die unless you spend your entire life in your basement is proof that this game offers no reasons to play it.

Time and again, we have players object to criticism by literally arguing that demanding cash to have fun or wasting hundreds of hours of your life doing nothing but grinding is good game design. Obviously these players don't speak for the majority, which is scary considering they seem to be the vocal minority. Ie: Everyone's gone, this game is dead.

Name a MMORPG that handed you almost everything just from afking.

Here’s a more simple way to put it for those who don’t want to read the OP.

Player in 2011 DBO: “I still want to get my favorite dogi, want to +10 my sword maybe one day +12 it, and still want to get e def armors. This will be an adventure. Still a lot of gameplay left.”

Player in DBO now: “I literally have damn near everything in just a month of playing. Imma just win budokai and quit this game.”

ethanvolcano21 You’re looking it through the eyes of dbog standards.

Tell me. Whats makes +12 great if everyone has it? In DBOG level 55 cap you could have full +12 and a sprinkle of +13 if you’re lucky just from afking. Ridiculous.

What’s the difference between a player who platforms instead of doing PvE in Dbog? Nothing really, you can easily build a strong character character within a month.

In KR DBO however, your character was extremely weak if you slacked off. Maybe full +4 armors and +6 weapons. That’s balance. Not even most console RPG games hands you everything in a month.

One last thing ethan, this is a KOREAN MMO. These games are designed to be grindy. You want a elder scrolls online or a Guild Wars 2 with a DragonBall skin slapped on it? Ask Bandai Namco for that. You’re asking one man to redesign a whole game.

Lostcoco I 100% agree upgrade system should not be rng. But that’s very very risky. If that system ends up failing miserably and players get gear +13/+15 easily than were back where were started. That would need to be very well calculated to be implemented which is why I left that out.

I never understood why people thought this way. But now with all this wipe discussion, I realize now why. In TW, you were happy to have full +6 armors and +8 weapons, why? Because there's still a ton of growth from there, and that's the whole point of a RPG. To watch your character grow. Here in DBOG on the other hand full +13 armors/+14 weapons with near max stats is standard for cash whales. Once you reach a certain point, there's not much growth from there and +13/+14 with near max stats is just that. Even white stones were extremely rare in retail DBO now everyone has them. In DBOG brown boxes are a standard, who doesn't have these nowadays? In TW for the most part, only cashers had them because they were cash shop only. Back in KR/TW DBO, brown boxes were sacred and thus, CCBD armors/weapons were also sacred. You think loads of players now have CCBD gear because players got smarter? Nope, it's because brown boxes are now very easy to get. Brown boxes in general should be removed from the game entirely they make the game too easy. Want proof? (This makes CCBD armor/weapons useless but there needs to be a more creative way to fix then slapping RNG brown boxes into this game)

I think you get the point now, gear needs to be able to break and brown boxes should be thrown out the window. now you may be thinking "Weren't you for having these things easier." Yes I was, but that was only so it'd be easier for low cashers like myself to catch up with the full +13/14 players. But what should have been done was not having so much +13/+14 in the game at all. What I mean by that is, a new player coming into this game shouldn't have to catch up to +13, he should have to catch up to +9 gear, yes I said +9, like the old days. I bet people have forgotten how much that yellow aura around your weapons felt like.

Cashalot You say bosses are too weak, I say, players are too strong now. Meaning this also naturally balances out PvE, Find an Ulti who can tank bosses with full +6 armors and i'll kiss your ass on broadway. Doesn't stop there, with +8 weapons being the standard I dont see a Ulti ever replacing a Turtle because even with low-end gear, Turtles can till dish out AoE dmg with derpy gear because that's what they were built for. Now do you see why 100% of the community shouldn't have godly gear?

Doesn't even stop there, dogis. ( BlazingBarrager you might rage at this) But I also feel like in every mmorpg, it needs rare items that aren't gear and this was what that was for DBO. Remember when people eyes would pop out after seeing their friend obtain lets say, a Trunks dogi? Or in KR when only a couple of people had Goku dogi. It was a cool thing to get and obtain because it was RARE. Literally, the only dogi that's uncommon is the cow boy dogi and even then it's not that expensive or rare. Now in TW I do believe that dogi was incredibly overpriced but really? Only one item in this game that's uncommon? The thing that cosmetic players have to understand is not only do you not even needs these things but they're much more incredible to have in your hands when they are rare.

I say bring back break option, bring back rare dogis, make white stones rare, remove easy mode brown boxes, and also give this game a clean wipe along with amazing updates.

If a wipe does come, that wipe better come with amazing updates (Not just PvE/5v5/1v1 balance, but also other things) to compensate, there is that new client coming but I doubt that'll be enough since we don't know much about it because when I say amazing updates I really mean amazing updates.

After doing further research on that Turtle tank video, it's just impossible to do that here like others have said. First of all, Dende & Poko had to heal him so that's two slots taken (even then he almost died at certain parts of the video), he was also buffed outside of dungeon by a Ultimate & GC, and you cant do that here meaning no room for Karma for speed% buff. Your whole team can't even reach a good amount of attack speed except the Turtle if uses ssj so you'd be in there for a while. I could go on but point is that video just isn't realistic in DBOG.

In conclusion, saying all classes can tank is just absurd.

Yeah that’s another issue, but then again, having only tickets 51 and 91 in 60 cap only makes sense with attack speed%. So without it would make more sense to add tickets like 66/86/96, making you only having to do 1 boss for what’s needed so shouldn’t take too long.

I don't really get the argument here, even if a Turtle could tank all the bosses we have right now in 60 cap not many Turtle's will have the gear to do so. Meaning if attack speed % became useless in PvE today, the majority of the time Turtles would not take the role of a tank. So yeah PvE would be pretty damn organized like in 55 cap.

Now a good argument is buffers taking the role of a SK/DW in PvE, this will be a difficult task to balance out. Also, that would actually be a lot more common since it's much easier to build a buffer tanky than a human class. Even then though, much more people will still be accepted to parties (meaning more players playing the game) than this strict attack speed % gimmick we have.

Regardless if it’s full +15 or not, full CON is garbage for tanking end game PvE. You need full LP% armors to tank in PvE, does not matter what your class is.

Futhermore, a party with low end gear will need a tank, because not everyone is full +12 or higher with good accessories.

The only time we had a nice and organized PvE in DBOG was in 45 & 55 cap when attack speed% was not very viable in PvE (Yeah very well geared players with a rare dogi balled attack speed% hat could go speed in 55 cap but that was very few players who did that).

The only big issue with that is the amount of time ccbd floor 150 will take in 70 cap. PvE needs adjustments for sure. There could be higher floor tickets added but I can already imagine the high prices they will go for.

There are alot of classes that need a nerf. Karma got already nerfed alot of times but yes they still need a nerf but sk needs it as much as karma.

When karma is nerfed sk or turtle will dominate budo. Nothing changed. Sk is tanky af while having cc life drain and dmg. I would say pretty op. Turtle has the advantage with sleep spam right now.

This game is totally unbalanced right now it's nothing like tw.

I honestly agree, as of right now, Karma is a requirement for speed parties, they’re great for Solo budokai winning the 2nd highest amount of Budokais, and they’re solid in Party Budokai.

SK is almost in the same boat, the only thing he is missing is being a requirement for speed parties but he is still very solid in PvE.

Turtles are a bit more balanced than the two just mentioned, very solid in PvE but not required, Solo Budokai they are great but you need a lot of gear + you need a brain to operate it, and they are great for Party Budokai pretty much a requirement in fact.

hesitation use in bosses too

My point is the Speed% buff is the only thing making them PvE Gods. Take that one buff away from them and they aren't needed in PvE at all meaning they are only PvE in 60/70 cap. So I wouldn't really call that a PvE class. Also I find it quite dumb just 1 simple buff make a class a requirement for PvE. The only thing in this game that has a solid balance is 5v5.

you are delusional, karma should be nerf then it cannot pvp ever again, that is what supposed to be, it is best pve class no need make it pvp and pve. all say then sk win no, sk win because you are not better, there is turtle win and dark warrior and ultimate majin and grandchef and all classes but you are lazy.

i think karma hesitation should not work vs other player, then it is fixed.

The only thing that makes Karmas as needed as a Dende in CCBD is literally 1 buff and that’s his auto attack speed one. The rest of his kit is built for PvP.

Auto attack speed as a whole just ruins PvE. Just waiting in the AH for Speed% gloves just to get started in PvE is just a poor game design.

I agree with this statement too, The only thing i want to see is no class should be completely out classed to the point they have 0 way and 0 chance of winning no matter how bad or good they are there opponent is. I think a prime example of this is Crane vs Karma. This is far from the ending of our balancing so who knows what the futures holds in store.:thumbup:

Yeah I feel you on the Crane vs Karma match up, since Crane is a Solo PvP oriented class, but for example Dende vs Karma, why should Dende have a chance? Because like i've said before Dende is more of a PvP group setting/PvE class. If a Dende main wants to do Solo Budokai he needs to make an alt character that's built for that.

Just pick SK for all the above ^^

Yeah for the most part that’s true. What we as a community need to realize is not every class has the skill set to be able to do that though. So you are left with useless classes. This is why even after DW and Grand Chef got good buffs, SK and Ulti are still more commonly made because they just have certain skills that are much more needed.

Now people have suggested to just give DW/Grand Chef skills from SK/Ulti skill set but this is silly since you’re now left with two of the same classes with very minor differences.

I'm totally with you. I said it many times already dbo classes were designed for pvp/pve. Not for both. Some are good in pve some are good in pvp. Some are good in 1 vs 1 and some in 5 vs 5. Some are good in single dps some in aoe dps. Some are just support bad in everything. But sadly the team took the easy way and tried to make everything equal.

“Hit the nail right on the head” as they like to say. Do I wanna do Solo Budokai? Do I wanna do Party Budokai? Do I just want to do PvE? This is what you should ask yourself when you make a class.

Solo PvP balance is complicated as all hell and now coming back from a 2 month break i’ve come to the conclusion it needs a end goal. Which i’m kinda wondering what is the end Solo PvP balance goal right now.

Is it for all classes to be equal in Solo PvP? This is flat out stupidity in my opinion. Why should a Dende be just as good as lets say, a turtle? A Dende in Solo PvP, all he does is heal/cure himself, and spam attacks brain deadly. The class is much harder to play in Group settings because you have others to worry about healing/curing.

Meanwhile a Turtle in Solo PvP he has to use his brain and think “what’s the best possible combo I could use against this (insert class) to pull the win.” This takes much much more brain power which is why only recently has a Turtle won Solo Budokai. (CodeNemesis crashed everyone so he’s bad and doesn’t count not sure why he’s even in the budokai winners list)

Thoughts?