Posts by ExaltedGeico

in my opinion having an active 100% chance to make a +15 also defeats the efforts of lots of players

What defeats the efforts of a lot of players trying to get plus 15 is when they spent 15 stones trying to get a success when there's a 10% success rate, while there are others on the opposite side of the equation getting instant plus 3's within a couple of stones. That's a fact, not opinion.

I personally don't have an issue with the current upgrade system as a F2P I've managed to get multiple plus 12-13 sets by grinding everyday for roughly 1 or 2 weeks per set. Lostcoco's suggestion for the upgrade system will close the gap between buggers, heavy cashers, and F2P players. It motivates some to grind for the best possible gear, while demotivates the casuals from competing. If you can give me a list of 2 or more players who are willing/have what it takes to grind 800 advance stones for the bare minimum requirement for the best armor, not even including accessories. Then I'll trust you know what you're talking about.

Bumpin' this thread c:

If you want to join contact Lostcoco#7714 Shine#9065 Sadie#8884 Shuichi#4483 or BlackSlash#2365 so they can invite you to our discord, then invite you to our ingame guild.

Do you mean by that we take out the luck depending upgrading system and change it with that one? What is pros and cons for this change?

His point is that he wants Daneos to give us the opportunity to guarantee at least +1 success at the cost of many advanced stones. Naturally the upgrade system's always going to be luck reliant that isn't going to change. Because players who've saved up 400kk zeni to buy 116 advanced stones deserve plus 15, with the current upgrade system you can spend over 200kk and end up with plus 7. It destroys a player's motivation if they've spent hours and hours farming everyday just to end up with nothing to show for their work. But Daneos also can't make the upgrade system easier otherwise everyone will end up with +15. That's why LostCoco's idea of making it possible is probably the most efficient way to handle the issue. Daneos won't replace the entire system, he's simply adding a feature that most RPGs implemented in their upgrade system. You can't really argue it makes the upgrade system easier, because how many people do you know are capable of saving/willing to farm 116 advanced stones for JUST 1 +15 item.

The pros are the following vvv

- Motivates more players to farm= increases game's life span

- Make's it possible for those who've invested a decent amount of time to get +15

- Increases the demand on stones = Helps the economy

As for the con's, I'll leave that up to whoever disagrees with this concept to come up with. If you're gonna disagree at least provide an arguable thesis.

You do realise he is making these changes so that CC can be the same as TW.

Also i don't get what the point of boasting how much zeni you have will achieve, hoarding zeni does nothing, I rather have 0 zeni and have good accessories and have good upgrades +13-15.

Listen he's not trying to make CC similar to TW anyway shape or form, considering all the changes he's made. He's made it so that the health of ultras depends on your level, disabled autopots in CC, and added a couple other things to increase the difficulty of CC. I've talked to some of DBOG's moderators, right now Daneos' goal is prevent people from spamming CC100 "10 times" a day while at the same time not making it impossible to complete. I suppose giving F91 tickets a ridiculous price and making the ultra floors tedious was his idea of preventing players from spamming CC. Also I can ensure you EchoSon's easily one of the richest players in DBOG, I won't share how much wealth he's collected since the beginning of OB since that's his personal information. He's definitely one of the more accomplished players.

P.S. When he mentioned his health he was replying to that one random who claimed Echo can't afford good gear.

turtle has a book that recovery all RP only pressing one button. 7 rp ball, can use critical, knockdown, etc.

Crane need charge and change clothes to have max 3 RP balls.

Sleep last for 23 seconds, if you have good RP regen boots(10 to 13) you'd be able to charge 4 to 5 RP orbs in no point. And if you have the right accessory + landed your combos correctly you'd be able to sleep again to charge more rp by the time you've finished your combo. Does Turtle having it's Turtle book make it unfair? Maybe, but I don't think it should be removed, nor should Cranes get an ability/item that gives them RP. I think SM having Energy recovery is justified as they don't have the time to charge RP, Karma on the other hand is debatable.

Im not reading that so I'll just say I disagree

To sum up the first paragraph I was saying that I believe Crane's DoT should be based off of Weapon upgrade and should react to defense the same way Bold's bleed does. And that Thousand slashes is fine as it is. 2nd paragraph I was just saying that Crane shouldn't have an ability that automatically gives them RP, and that they're fine as they are in that regard. Finally to summarize the last paragraph I was describing what kind of CC Crane would need if Daneos ever decided to give them one, and how to balance it. Simple enough for ya?

Suggestions on what kind of changes I believe Crane needs

With the way DBO Crane functions right now, aside from extra damage on their Fan out skills/Rapid/Spirit ball weapon upgrade's meaningless for Crane. Sure with a +15 fan as Siren/Sendoku have demonstrated you can kill MAs pretty quickly without the use of the DoTs, however most players that you'll be encountering on Solo budokai are SKs, Dendes, DWs, and sometimes Turtle Hermit rendering weapon upgrade to be as viable as dex is for Turtles. I personally believe Daneos should make Crane DoTs work in a similar fashion as Bold strike's bleed does, "279% Bleeding damage". That way Crane's aren't so overpowered that they can completely bypass their adversaries defense and kill them, while at the same time giving them an incentive to upgrade their weapons. I think thousand slashes should stay the way it is right now, if you want it to pack a strong punch use power rp as Daneos intended Cranes to do. The point of Cranes in pvp is play defensively while slowly draining their opponents health, they've already got a debuff that cuts a portion of their opponents health which i believe is more than good enough in both PvE and PvP.

Crane's lack of instant RP orb skill

RP regen wise, if you have the right kind of gear that shouldn't even be a factor that you have to worry about. The second you sleep your opponent you can charge as many RP balls as you want; Land your combos correctly, and you'l be able to sleep your enemies again to regain your RP orbs. Is it unfair that Crane doesn't have a skill that gives them an RP orb instantly? Debatable, is it fair that Crane's DoTs bypass your opponents defense? Once again also debatable.

Do Crane's need instant CC?

If you were to give Cranes a instant stun what would you give them? Lost in time won't accomplish anything, it's just another 35m paralyze move, paralysis is very easily countered by competitive players. So if confusion, and Paralysis are useless I say give them a stun. A stun that lasts for roughly 3-5 seconds with a 0.5 second cast time, that way it's still possible to cancel it, but it doesn't so long that it'd be as worthless as their other CCs. If they successfully land the stun the Crane will receive a 350 poison(stackable) side effect that lasts for 30 seconds, that way they can't abuse it to win via timer. Despite the annoying DoT draining the Crane's health per use, it will at least give you the small window to Sleep/Freeze lock your opponent thus most of the time giving you the win(assuming you don't screw anything up).

You can't nerf Ultimate/Grand's armor because they're one of the lowest damage dealing classes in the game without Poko/Dende's heals to recover their health instantly. You'd render them completely useless in solo PvP because they're a terrible DPS and they're unable to tank their opponents damage. If their opponent has a good amount of anti-candy they can render their only good CC useless in PvP, if it's a Turtle they can sleep lock; a SK can either charge RP for knock out, or spam their moves sometimes dealing enough damage to kill them. Lets not forget the fact there aren't many Chef/Ultimates who can tank CC90-100, some die in the earlier stages even with +14-15. Parties are still more than willing to accept SK/DW as their "tanks" as long as they provide good debuffs, and tank well enough to make the run successful.

If you've done the math correctly a Majin with the best currently obtainable armor has inferior health and defense when put next a SK/DW with the best equipment. Mudosa armor gives 860 defense; it's almost as strong as CC90 Majin armor. If we're going by physical defense and health alone Ultimates can't compare to DWs, and that's if you don't include their DP which recovers half their health per mob/player they land it on. As a former SK who's played the class for a while, I can safely say SK kind of a berserker class hardly just a "tank". They have 3 CCs(that's not including Mystic attack[Their grab]), life steal, and Bold strike which is one of the most damage dealing moves in the entire game(thanks to it's bleed). Sure SKs tank insanely well, however you've gotta take into consideration that SK plays as an amazing DPS in PvP and PvE. DW's the real tank out of the two warrior subclasses, it has low DPS but makes up for it with their high health/defense.

Should SM be able to tank CC? In my opinion no, this is an MMORPG tanks are meant to be tanks, and DPS are meant to be DPS. But can you change SM in a way that disables their tanking capability while maintaining the classes viability? There's only so much Daneos can do to control the balance of the game, at best he does nothing to minimize the damage dealt to the game's balance. In conclusion if you're gonna cry about SKs not being good tanks anymore you better be ready to face the repercussions changes made to the game will cause, for example a damage nerf, or Ultimate damage buff. When you buff something you've gotta nerf it in some way shape or form to balance the changes.

If CD of that skill decreased then fighter would spam it to have immunity against any skill. Because when the skill is casting while animation it gives fighter immune to skills.

The animation can't be longer than a couple of seconds, also.... with max CD it wouldn't be spammable. You'd only be able to use it once every 30 seconds and what kind of fighter uses CD in battle instead of Dex/Props. The duration increase's far from ideal in my opinion, hardly makes a difference in Budokai/Ranked.

But I guess if it's PvE increasing the duration is better than decreasing the CD.

In my opinion it's better if Daneos just decreased the CD to 1 minute, increasing the duration won't help Fighters in Ranked PvP/Budokai just outside PvE + platform.

And you have to take into consideration that the swiftness buff also gives an additional dodge buff making it better than Penetration.

In my honest opinion as much as I hate the upgrade system myself for screwing me sometimes, and my friends. I don't believe advanced stones should be buffed without the punishment getting worse.

Isaac Newton once said "Everything has a opposite but equal reactions" if you want DBOG to stay balanced you nerf something regarding a specific feature to balance the buff it received. I personally would rather the upgrade system stay the same, rather than it get changed for ex: Adv stones= +2-3 on success but break= -3. Back in TW if you were lucky a break would mean only -2, if you were unfortunate you lost 4 levels.

Most of your time spent grinding in this game will be farming for stones in order to upgrade your armor, if you make it easier to upgrade your armor people will "finish" the game hell a lot faster. Thus killing the already half-dead game.

IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR GAMEMASTERS/DANEOS

But if you DO change the upgrade system according to what the poll voters want at the bare minimum bring back the original break feature( break= rip item without white and -2 to -4).

I've played this game for roughly a year straight with a couple short breaks here and there that lasted a couple days, throughout the entirety of POB I've learnt how to play most of the classes in the entire game. By grinding relentlessly roughly 5-10 hours a day for 1-2 weeks straight I managed to get an entire set of plus 12-13 armor, if you know what you're doing you have a good chance of getting really amazing gear. However I do admit that I was extremely lucky with the first set, but if I manage to get another set or two of full plus 12-13 with the current upgrade system I don't believe it should be changed. Create buffers, a farmer, and your main(if your main fits one or more of these requirements, good for you! You have it easier than others) and save up money/whites/normal stones for a week straight and see what you get. You're more than likely going to be happy with the results of your grinding.

P.S. By the way I deleted that +12-13 armor set for the hell of it lol.

1 ) Save your zeni, and spend it wisely on only things you need. e crit rate/e crit% on gloves + e crit% on a wand. lp% on armor until you start doing a CC then you switch to Focus/con mostly.

2 ) Make buffers such as > Ultimate, Grand, Karma, Poko, and Plasma. I ordered them from important to least important if you really wanna overkill it, make all of them. But that's going to take a long time, and you don't need all of them.

3 ) If you can't afford being powerleveled, or have anyone to power level you for free. You're going to need to find good farming levels for every 4-5 levels. By the time you get your first kame you can already slaughter hordes if you're fully buffed. This is one of the two most important requirements in becoming strong YOU HAVE TO hit cap level in order to start making zeni.

4) You need a concrete squad for CC, once you hit cap level you're gonna need a way to get better accessory and armor. No one will take you past CC50 if you're not well geared and know what you're doing. So I recommend getting full plus 10 60 crafted armor and 2x cd earrings until you get Atk/Def properties on your earrings.

5) Participate in the Dark Devil event twices a day you'll get a bare minimum 4 gold coins per day doing this awarding you 2 boxes every day. Save roughly 40-100 gold coins before spending it all on boxes don't waste your boxes on your main character on anything but Shenron accessory.

Once you're level 60 I recommend participating in the Dark Devil event twice a day so that you're getting 4 gold coins minimum per day on top of the silver coins that you'll be dropping from the Kiri majins. That'll give you two boxes per day at the price of 1 million zeni, the brown boxes allow you to reroll the stats on any piece of gear except for rings. The most CD you'll get from rings are the dropped ones at papaya level 65 since the cap right now is level 60 the best you can get is 7 CD on 2 rings. Aside from the dropped rings, the only other way for you to get CDis either the Capsule Corporation Battle Dungeon armor or any earring that's has a rarity of superior bare minimum(You don't want to waste boxes on anything less than Rare capped accessory though). Maximum CD on level 60 Shenron earrings is 23 if you're fortunate enough as a free to play to get it that is.

As for the type of weapons you're gonna want you can either go with e crit rate + e crit% or double e crit%(Either works it's all the same since you won't be able to farm efficiently as a Turtle without a buffer). On armor you're gonna want lp% even if you're fully buffed from a Chef and Ultimate. Unless you're secretly a veteran who knows how to work their way around the system and grind with focus; you'll be facing issues of health. In my opinion the only situations Focus on armor will be viable in PvE is when you got people around you. Otherwise you want lp% on shirt/pants and con on boots.