Posts by ExaltedGeico

Although it might be a little too late for me to post my opinion on the matter, I'm going to do it regardless to get my point across. You may, or may not agree with my opinion, but I'll try my best to stick to facts. Here are the following reasons why I believe the upgrading system is fine as it is:

1. It's too late to apply this change to the upgrade system. If Daneos was going to bring back this function he should've done it before OB started, as many of you know there are already players with plus 10-12 level 70 armor. If Daneos brought back the break item feature to the upgrade system it would just place a huge disadvantage on the players who never got the chance to make/buy level 70 armor. Thus possibly killing off a part of the community.

2. I don't believe the upgrade system should break your item because the point of upgrading your equipment is simply to make it stronger. I feel that it would be redundant gamble the item you have worked so hard to obtain trying to upgrade it. For the sake of making progress in the game I think it would be better to leave the feature of the upgrading system.

A) Yes there are white stones you can use in order to protect your item. Even so white stone has been nerfed to balance the upgrading system since you don't lose your item anymore once it breaks while upgrading.

3. I feel as though people are paying too much attention to the way the upgrade system should function to the point where things such as accessory, dogiballs, etc are aren't recognized as being a deciding variable of how matches could go in PvP. Just because you upgrade your armor to plus 12-15 doesn't mean you're done with the game. You still have to spam CC for dogi balls/CC accessory, spam TMQ/UDs for their equipment, and you need to win ranked in order to get the Mudosa accessory. Honestly gathering all the accessory a class requires probably takes more time and effort than upgrading/obtaining your armor. Of course accessory wise most humans don't have to worry much, since they can go props/cd/dex and be completely fine in PvP. But for classes such as Shadow knight you need to upgrade gloves, axe, armor, obtain anti curse accessory.

In conclusion I believe the way Daneos changed the upgrade system is fine as it is. Instead of worrying about Daneos copy and pasting retail, you should try accepting the changes he's made such as the new items in the token shop, DB hunt change, etc. If you haven't noticed Daneos is trying to take DBOG in a different direction than TW which is why he's made radical changes such as the controversial property change. Frankly I believe this upgrade system works better for both cashers and free to players, there's no need to make it more difficult to upgrade, since you still need to obtain the actual weapons, armors, and accessories themselves.

I'm on the side that believes Shadow knight's damage shouldn't be nerfed and my reasoning for that is the following:

1. Bold strike/Steal is pretty much where the majority of their damage comes from, aside from that they do approximately the same amount of damage as a DW

2. Shadow Knights are already easily countered by classes such as Cranes, Karmas, and Swordsmen. In case you aren't aware all 3 of these classes are capable of immobilizing SKs without much trouble if they're skilled, if a Shadow knight can't get their damage in quickly they WILL lose.

3. What'd be the point of even choosing SK if their damage is on par with DW. DW has DP which is a move that regenerates a vast majority of their LP bar instantly and overall they tank better than SKs PvP/PvE.

4. Most of the time Humans aren't willing to buy multiple sets of accessory to counter certain classes instead they complain about their high damage output. Meanwhile you have SKs who need to buy anti fear, para, bleed, confusion etc along with props in order to compete with other classes. You can ride your high horse all day calling SK a noob class after you've become a successful PvP SK.

I personally believe that the price of certain Token shop items are way too high. For example 1,500 tokens for a 100k LP/EP auto-pot is just ridiculous. I think a more reasonable price for a 100k auto-pot would be 1,000 tokens. As for the xp boosts I'm not really bothered with the prices too much considering how much it speeds up your progress, although it's definitely a good incentive to afk more. I'm also unhappy about the prices placed on the permanent Z20-24, I think the price on the Z20 should be 2k tokens while the Z24 costs 2.4k. Aside from those 4 items I don't really see any big issues regarding the prices of the Token shop items.

To clarify further I don't believe there's anything wrong with players who AFK for tokens, my suggestions are meant to prevent players from abusing alts for Tokens. From what I can understand from recent updates Daneos has attempted to stop alt abusers, so I thought these suggestions might possibly interest him.

Possible Arguments:

A) If Daneos lowered the prices of the Token shop items, it would just make it easier for players with 20k tokens to buy xp boosts, stones, etc.

- Regardless of whether or not the price of the Token shop items is low or high there will always be players who cheat the system have afk with 20 alternate accounts. Although Daneos has found a way to counter this by lowering the amount of tokens you gain depending on your level, the damage has already been done. Unless you want Daneos to reset everyone's tokens, nothing will be done about the accounts that already have 20k+ tokens. If anything the unfair prices will only encourage more players to do the exact same thing in order to have a fighting chance against their opponents.

B) The Token shop was made to make players afk.

- No, I disagree with that notion. I believe the Token shop's original purpose was to reward players who invest the players who invest a lot of time into the game on a daily basis. Of course that degraded to players AFKing during the nights.

C) These price suggestions hardly make a difference

- If you have a valid argument on how Daneos should go about changing the Token shop than by all means state your mind in a reply. I'd love to hear your opinion on the matter as I too believe that Daneos should change the price on the Token shop items.

The only way that would work without the community being “upset” to say the least, is for the frequency of stone drops to remain the same and not drop less frequently as a result of changing the rarity

In case you/anyone misunderstood, I'm going to clarify and say the point of this isn't to change the drop rate just the rarity tier.

I think stone's rarity should be risen from common to rare that way it makes divide dice a lot more manageable. The issue with putting dice divide on normal is that we have to dice every single junk item that drops, which most players would agree is annoying. So I wanna hear your thoughts on how Daneos should go around changing stones. He could maybe give them their own rarity, change their rarity to a higher rank, etc.

I hope to hear intriguing and constructive feedback from the community. Lets keep it civilized that way Daneos doesn't ignore this, as it is an issue I believe should be resolved swiftly.

You're taking my words out of context, I never said I expected you to beat a +15 SK, i'm telling you most SKs who take PvP seriously cashed for a +15 set, the +6 - +9 SKs you faced 9 times outta 10 were casuals. And you're trying to make it seem like I made this discussion downgrade.

Just to clarify I wasn't talking about myself, I was talking about SM in general that didn't have plus 15 gear. And I'mma tell you right now I've faced against three really good SKs(Phoenix, Antibleed, and Iceman) that don't even have plus 15, and they've been around for a very long time. And one more thing I never said *you* made this conversation downgrade, but you're definitely apart of the downgrade(whether or not you can consider me the same is up to you to decide, tbh Idc).

Also, almost every decent SK that took 1v1 PvP seriously got a full +15 set, on a previous post you said you only fought SKs around +6 - +9, so I can see why you didn't have trouble with them.

I don't understand why you bothered mentioning that most "decent" SKs have plus 15 gear, if the SM has weaker gear naturally they're going to lose. Also about the +6-+9 SKs, I didn't say I didn't have trouble with them, I specifically worded it saying I was able to take them down. And my gear is all +0 except for my level 65 sword, and dex boots which are both plus 10. I would imagine a SM fighting another SK with similar gear would function in the same fashion regardless if it's highly upgraded (for example plus 0 vs plus 0, and plus 15 vs plus 15). Expecting a plus 10 to take down a plus 15 is completely irrational, although it was possible before reflect could kill, and SM damage was changed(21 was capable of taking down plus 15 SKs with plus 0 gear).

But that's besides the point this thread downgraded to why SM needs CDR, rather than the original intent which was to discuss the need of reverting the CDR cap back to 77%. So far from what I've gained from your argument, is that SM are the only class that heavily rely on CD during PvP, and without it getting changed they're not a viable class. I think that pretty much sums up everything we've discussed. I doubt any further discussion would make Daneos change CDR, as we'd just keep on repeating the same thing over and over again. I made a poll on whether or not the CDR cap should be changed, so if you want it to be changed go vote, and maybe Daneos will consider it.

As if lately I've seen more, and more people complain about the CDR cap being placed at 50%. Most of them are complaining because of the nerf Kidney shot recieved, making it even harder for SM to take down Namekians. Aside from Swordsmen I don't think there are any other classes that really rely heavily on CD. But that's enough about SM, I'm curious to hear your opinions on the coarse of action Daneos should take involving the CDR cap. Please state your argument as to why Daneos should change, or keep the CDR system after voting.

Sure, I can agree with you that CD's cap definitely needs to be raised to increase the viability of SM in PvP. But even with CD being capped at 50% SM are still capable of taking down SKs just barely though if your SM is geared well enough. But than Daneos nerfed Kidney shot, which is the real problem for SM. Since the kidney shot nerf, it's become much more difficult for a SM to stand a chance against a SK(although it's still somewhat possible), even if Daneos decides not to change CD I think he should at the bare minimum change kidney shot back to what it was before.

When taking on other Martial artists, I think SM is pretty good at taking them down depending on your accessory set up(Dex, props, etc). Most of the time SM completely trash spiritualists with no problem thanks to scintillation, and their long range KD. But when you're taking on majins you're going to have a difficult time like any other class in the entire game, and taking down Namekians depends on your ability to deal high enough damage in a short amount of time with KD lock. Although it's definitely draws the shortest straw out of most of the classes, since Fighter has superior evasion and damage capability. And when you have the choice of choosing SK, Ultimate, Karma, there'd really be no reason for you to choose SM.

The reasoning behind me using BA as an example, was because someone(Blazing) stated that SM would benefit from CD being changed because of BA. Also just a suggestion but I think you should try using CC70 rings(Or Kraken ring's 13 prop) to boost your attribute damage by 7% per ring, combined with glaring slash it should be able to put a good dent into a SK's health.

Nice, completely disregarded my argument. Alright let us break down your argument Sirab, your point is CD needs to be fixed, and your evidence is "CD needs reworking for classes like SM". Neat, now can you please explain why SM needs CD to be reworked? Outside of Kidney shot's nerf I don't see any issues taking down SKs with my SM.

(Sorry for the bad english)
    I think that should be better with separate servers. I am Brazilian, so when I see someone in my country I will automatically think that he speak Portuguese. But in the game when we see someone, we dont know if he/she speaks Portuguese, or English, or Spanish, and everyone speaks in English because it is the universal language until they realize that they are talking to someone from the same country

You have a valid point, but that issue could be easily solved by simply adding a feature puts your nationality/language that you speak next to your name. Although I don't think Daneos knows how to add that, so more than one server be the only solution.

Lets clear up one thing about CD, in order to hit the -50% cap, you need to have 71 CD.One more thing, even with the cap placed at 50%, SM are still capable of spamming burning attack in PvE(No good SM uses energy SM moves).

But that's enough about PvE no one in their right mind would choose SM, and restrict themselves to PvE only. Honestly CD isn't "too" big of an issue in PvP, most of the time I'm capable of killing humans/majins(unless it's an ultimate) very quickly thanks to glaring slash. As for Shadow knights I'm not too sure, as far as I know when props were 0.5 I was able to take down SKs with gear(+6-9) similar to my own. The real issue is the nerf Kidney shot recieved making it impossible to KD lock a SK for long periods of time, unless you can deliver the required amount of damage on time you're not going to win. The second a SK stuns you, and starts landing hits it's game over, especially when you take reflect into account. You're best course of action would be to lower their health to a certain amount(make sure to be fully buffed), use glaring slash, and finish them off with a powerful MSS. Depending on how much reflect they're using you're going to need a decent amount of con, make sure to tank into account they can use a pill last second just barely allowing them to survive the hit to finish you off.

I don't believe that's XeoLee's point, He wants the cd of the crane stuns to decrease so they can use it multiple times in a ranked match, rather than once to give them a fair chance against other classes. Not so you can use it twice in a row, and besides you can counter it with -100% anti confu/para and you're back to square one with no stuns.

As most players fear during the start of OB the starter areas will be extremely crowded, and it will be very difficult to kill the mobs required for your quests. But would adding more channels really make all that much of a difference? I'm curious to hear the communities opinion on the matter. After you finish voting please reply with an argument as to why you chose that option, in order to convince Daneos.

Well if you're going to balance the game's PvP system you can't change specific aspects of a single class it will only serve to complicate things, unless it's heavily affecting PvP like skill lock. And besides I think Turtle's dex passive is fine as it is, it gives them the choice to wear dex, which believe it or not gives them almost as much resist as fighters if your gear is good enough. In my opinion changing the Turtle passive to 3-7% movement speed would be a nerf more than anything.

I doubt Daneos will ever change the classes in any way shape or form that'll affect PvE other than defense. If anything I believe Daneos should change defense to the way it was before, that way fighters don't one shot anything, and everything.

What do you mean by "you cant stack dots or the effects so a cooldown reduce is useless, if you want some go for cd neck and ring" I can't comprehend what you're trying to say, but I'm going to assume you mean when a Crane takes on another crane?

There's no such thing as a CDR necklace, but there are CDR earrings, and rings. If you're a level 70 Crane you're going to use burn in pvp against most opponents, if you only rely on bleed you won't get very far.