Posts by Shan

Budokai video coming in about 7hours...

Hey sendoku. I've watched some of your videos and I think I will be choosing a dark warrior as my first character. Would you mind telling me somethings you like about the class and if it's fun to play and grind with till 70? And maybe a realistic timeline to how long it'd take to hit lvl 70 with one starting off as a noob and playing a lot? Is it doable in a few weeks :)?

Also would anyone be able to link me to a guide to gears to upgrade as a noobie through different level ranges? Like which gear to get to which upgrade level (i.e. gloves +8 for X level range?). Thanks!!

They have low damage but they make up for it by being the most tankiest class in the game. Yes, many say SK is boring and yeah that's their main AoE for farming. Turtles are pretty expensive since they are human and a popular class, their max stat sub weapons I know for sure are pretty pricey. One more thing, leveling a ulti I noticed you learn much better playing a tanky class rather than a squishy class since it gives you more time to think. Anyways good luck.

Thanks so much! What is an ulti?

swordsman ^^ we need to get to the top of course they r not that badass to kill everything but at lvl 70 stats it surpasses fighters

Haha. The appeal is strong, but I need some more stricter pro's and cons.

I would choose DW, they have some decent AoEs to level fast, they're by far the cheapest to fund on your list, and most say it's a lot more fun than SK. The only downside is they're low tier but eventually they will get buffed so it will be good to learn them beforehand.

Despite the low damage, do you think DW is a good class then? I think the SK skill set looks super boring (especially that charge skill that is supposed to be their strong AOE?). Is a turtle expensive?

Still looking for some crane hermit input!

Hey everyone,

I've browsed the forum a lot and will be deciding to come and play DBOG this xmas break for a few weeks (2.5-3 weeks). I used to play on the TW server years ago as a Fighter, got to around lvl 60 and got super bored and quit. I always wanted to play a swordsman but I feel like they aren't that great for PVE and are hard to fund.

My goal is to find a class that is fun (again this is subjective, but from your personal experience what do you think is fun?), not too repetitive (I know there is some extent of repetitiveness with each class), cheap to fund as a beginner (I've heard SK's and DW's are cheap?), good in PVE/can hit lvl 70 quick (I got to level 60 on my fighter relatively quickly and it was a pain in the ass/I played a lot, looking for something that I can hit lvl 70 on relatively quickly), can gain a lot of zeni, etc.

I've narrowed down my choices to some classes:

1) Shadow Warrior (tank + damage, cheap, not as great for PVE as Dw's? not sure about dungeon ability? big con: uses an axe)

2) Turtle Hermit (good for zeni, quickest levels?, high damage, seems expensive, looks boring after a while)

3) Dark Warrior (good for PVE but not great damage, seems to level up quickly and is needed in dungeons, cheap, what weapon do they even use lol?)

4) Swordsman (no instant transmission, seems like it's not great for PVE and quickly levelling up, looks like it costs a lot, but looks really fun)

5) Crane Hermit (doesn't seem that fun after watching videos)

If anyone could give their input that would be awesome (more so towards being "fun", funding, and which class is best to level quickly aside from turtle on this list).

P.S - Is it possible to get to lvl 70 in a week? How much time to invest daily? I think I levelled relatively easily from 1-50 then 50-60 was very painful.

Thanks so much everyone!!