Posts by xlr678

DW won't be benefiting from this change fully, like okay they've 34 soul passive but that's if you're PvE, in pvp build you don't get to use this passive or you'll pass on far better spells lol,

even then, DW need a ton of FOC, so who is that a good change for them ? they'll literally never crit

i dont know why even change this at all how it was to be honest was just fine a lot of people played back then with no complains.

I haven't checked whether the change is already active, however this change would benefits the Poko, DW, Swordsman, Chef.

that changes are active :
    069176091ec2481bb1d350db018f52a9.png
    me with +9 dex shoes .
    68590237e46243c0817bb415046caddf.png
    me without them showing only dodge rate has changed.
    2cd9c75934ef45c891894e06687c2f9d.png
    me with +14 STR pants having 18 crit
    99b3fc8730c14459a9a403bd29eb0ba5.png
    removing them showing crit has gone down by 2 meaning 14 STR = 2 meaning 1 STR = 0.1428

edit* FOC seems to be changed aswell only giving hit rate.

That is true, there should be some changes not to restrict some classes in those dungeons. Speed shouldn't be the only way to do them.

attack speed is capped at 100% i guess that differnet classes shoudl have different caps i mean melle classes should have better caps then ranged and imo fighters should have the best since part of their kit is built around it.

but the game was fine back in the day no need to change anything .

Hmm maybe it's not that bad. I guess we just have to wait till daneos finishes all the updates

STR at the moment give 0.148 crit chance. dex gives 5 dodge rate. if it stays like this its gonna suck i hope it remains the same or just a bit of stats reduce imo as i said make DEX and FOC give 0.something STR and 0.something SOUL respectively.

fighters also have 70 strength passive btw but its just not efficient you give up major stuff and nerfing everyone doesnt make it okay ,its just make it longer in pvp harder in pvm and CON is the greatest stat...

Alright then explain what needs balancing. I've already shared my thoughts on the matter so let's hear yours.

as i said in a different post , make DEX give 0.something strength and FOC giving 0.something of soul making you decide if you want more dmg maybe balanced or maybe a bit of both and change based on match ups.

If anyone wants me to I can explain the choices I made with my Turtle Build (the serious one).

I wouldn't say it's useless since it still increases their dodge rate, which is helpful against Fighters. Honestly because of this change in stats Fighters and Swordsmen are more balanced against each other: Fighters still have incredible dodge while Swordsmen have incredible Hit Rate. The two basically counter each other, which requires the player to get more creative with their skill sets.

make them counter each other while lossing to other classes ... they will suck imo atleast fighters i think swordsman will be okay.
    i guess also turtle and most enegy based classed will become weaker making CON the greatest stats. so fights will become boring and end with time or someone pushing the other out of the arena .

Well, swordsmen still have a passive skill that gives them 17% critical hit rate for free,so they will be just fine. Fighters on the other hand depend entirely on the item effects of their armor that has DEX to give them a similar amount of crit rate plus the fighter master passive. Now it's gone, i would have to think all over again about everything lol.
    That's why both are not equal

i feel like if they want to change something like that make 1 DEX give less then one strangth so you would get less then before but still some if you have a lot of dex.

Am I the only one who feels that having STR goven phys.crit makes Fighters and Swordsman more equal? Both have the same STR passive (which is 70) and their themes (Fighters being Dodge and Swordsman being Hit Rate) more or less cancel each other out. You can easily have a Fighter still stack DEX and make hitting them difficult while they hit you back (remember they have that Hit Rate passive) or you can go the crit route by sacrificing dodge for power. Same with Swordsman: you either go for accuracy or go for power. It's that simple.

Also anyone thinking this will make Turtle Hermits OP need to remember that their item can still be dumped (which I think needs to happen) so they lose their instant max RP in Budokai and depending on how much Hit Rate 1 point of FOC gives they'll either have to sacrifice power for accuracy or vice-versa.

you cant just change an entire stat without compensating for it , making it less strong but not completely bad. check my idea above ^ or come up with a better one.

Attack Speed needs to be capped anyway. If there's one thing I hated about the old DBO is that hard dungeons like Kraken and CC Dungeon were only done with Attack Speed. Very little strategy was involved, which not only restricted the classes you could use for them but also fights boring.
    And don't even think about whining about Fighter's losing Thunder spam because of the cap. They have other options to work with.

you think its boring i dont , it looks cool feels good and overl-all is fine.
    i dont get all these changes you guys vote for i mean the game wasnt perfect but it was fun the way it was and you cant just put a nerf to everything that is slightly strong like dex for example the entire kit of fighters was based on it + SM used it and turtle with FOC but changing these will only hurt humans that even back in the day werent that dominating. they werent that tough to beat and nerfing an entire race just cause doenst make sense...

What's everyone complaining about DEX and STR for? They haven't changed at all in-game. That post was made well over a year ago by Daneos so if he wanted to change it, he would have by now so either he's yet to change it or he doesn't want to now.

in game right now dex only gives dodge rate.

That just makes Speed Fighters stronger than they are, and can make karmas think to take dex gear to do insane speed damage.

but you got to compensate on those things that are gone. maybe changing swifftness to give those missing stats like when you activate it you get the dodge the dex and for every dex you will get 0.15 crit and some attack so you could have the same dmg but for a short time and you would not be able to spam .

I do not think bad, so that the fighter does not lose dodge using STR, just rework the dodge pot.

whats the point of fighters if they dont dodge. WE DONT WANT TO BE ANOTHER GOHAN.

hqdefault.jpg

XD

but removing these stats is like a big middle finger to all fighters and SM whil other classes just laugh...