Posts by BlazingBarrager

Something that annoyed me a little bit was how underpowered the transformations were. Let me explain...

Super Saiyan: The form doubles your EP amount and raises your attack stats, FOC, and DEX. Sounds good right? Well there's two problems with this. First off is the drain. If you're playing as a Turtle Hermit or a Crane Hermit the drain isn't too big of an issue provided you keep a close eye on it. Fighters and Swordsman on the other hand suffer from this. Because they have a low EP stat they don't have much EP to work with, and since the drain remains the same regardless of how much EP you have Fighters/Swordsmen have a really hard time maintaining the form outside of battle (unless sitting down) let alone in battle. This makes the form nearly useless for them unless they specifically invest in EP via gear. The other problem is the attack boost. It's a reasonable boost to be sure, but why should Kaio-Ken outclass it in power? Since the extra dex and foc aren't enough to matter and the extra EP doesn't help much, it makes Kaio-Ken the superior option for PvE (and sometimes PvP). It also doesn't help that Kaio-Ken has a six minute cooldown while SSJ has a 1 hour cooldown and stuns you for fifteen seconds when you run out of EP.

Pure Majin: Same problems as above (aside from the SSJ stun) in addition to not being able to jump. Ultimates/Grand Chefs in particular can't benefit from their transformation because their skills' attack damage is lower than Plasma/Karmas. You also have to invest at least 1 SP just to be able to use the transformation effectively since it locks you out of your other skills, which is stupid.

Great Namek: Honestly I find this transformation to be overpowered despite the ten minute duration. The form buffs your HP and defense/offensive stats by a large margin (at the cost of dodge, which isn't an issue) allowing the user to easily fight their way through a lot of situations (ESPECIALLY when using pots). They also have access to a couple of their normal skills which is a little unfair when compared to Pure Majins. The worst part though is that the transformation can be used as a last second buff to win the LP contest in Budokai, which is pretty easy considering how much LP Nameks (especially Shadow Knights and Dark Warriors) have to begin with. Oh, and like Pure Majins they have to invest at least one SP just to use one of their special skills.

So my solution is...

Super Saiyan: Slightly increase attack stats while decreasing drain. Don't make the attack boost higher (or possibly even equal) to Kaio-Ken so that the latter is still usable but at the same time make it worth using. This isn't Xenoverse where your super/ultimate skills are cost free when transformed. As for the decreased drain, make it low enough that it's managable for Fighters/Swordsmen but not too low to make it hardly noticeable. I'm still unsure about the 15 second stun though.

Pure Majin: Make the skill damage for the physical classes equal to that of the spiritual classes. If anything this will make the form more usable for dealing damage when needed. I'm not sure how big of a problem the drain is for Majins due to buffs though. Also, make it to where when you get the transformation via wishing the transformation-only skills are also unlocked at 1 SP so to save the player SP for their build.

Great Namek: I'm not completely sure how Great Namek's boosts work, but if anything try nerfing them a little so they aren't too powerful. In exchange, increase the form duration by a couple of minutes so that the player can get more out of the transformation.

Those are just my two cents. If anyone has other suggestions or critiques please share.

During my days in the old DBO there was one thing I absolutely hated, and that was how bad the races and classes were in terms of balance. Shadow Knights and Fighters were practically OPed as hell (especially after they took away anti-crit chips) while Grand Chefs and Dark Warriors were left in the dust. Turtle Hermits, despite being my favorite class, also tend to be overpowered due to their special Turtle Book item (of course I'm referring to female Turtles). So if possible could we see some balancing to all classes so that we don't have to pick specific ones just to be good at the game?

Welcome here..

Servers still have alot of bugs, but it is getting better every day! And it's just an alpha so no sweat..

Well you can't have everything perfected overnight. lol

So is there a list of changes done to this version of the game from the original? I'm curious to see what the team did.

The name is BlazingBarrager. For those who don't already know me, I'm an old veteran of the original DBO. You may also know me under the name "Sapha" as I chose that name to represent my Fan Character in DBO. Anyway, I'm also a part of DBOR's forums. However, I do not intend to cause any arguments and such here, and vice versa. I only wish to enjoy the game and see how well you guys have done in restoring it. Looking forward to playing with you guys. Peace.