Posts by Pito

This review contains negativity so if you are highly sensitive do not proceed! You have been warned!

So tomorrow will of course be the 1 year anniversary since DBO officially opened it's door to the Open Beta stage after the game was dead for over 4 years. Here's my review of DBOG.

29 Cap: Completely killed the hype. No auction house so there was trade shops everywhere and it was just an annoying experience. Nothing really to do other than farm, do TMQ1,and UD1. Don't get me started on the cash shop in this cap. The majority didn't see a problem here though, we'll get back to that though.

45 Cap: In my personal opinion the best cap because of the population and the PvE. Although this is the cap that the population had a spike in quitting players, there was still a thriving community here. PvE was great, literally any class could find a party. My biggest issue though was how being afk for stones was more rewarding than actually playing.

55 Cap: I quit the last week of this cap. Simply because it just wasn't worth it to regear up for 60 cap. Brown boxing accessories is just to ridiculous and I felt like I was just Gambling away my time/money. Don't get me wrong, it was good like 45 cap, but i'm not the only one who quit in this cap, many also saw that the game was just not worth putting the effort to repeatedly gear up for.

60 Cap: Here is where players finally began to see the corruption and in game non-sense. I've been on and off frequently in this cap. I see many people who were defending the game hard 29-55 cap, now completely just giving up. I still don't understand how this cap is still running and why 70 cap isn't here yet.

All in all, DBOG Open Beta was a Disappointment. Though, I am looking forward to the new client, I really hope that the lottery aspect of this game will be heavily reduced. That's all thank you for your time. Feel free to tell your thoughts on your 1 year long experience with DBOG Open Beta down below.

I actually find it quite hilarious how serious and passionate people are for such an Underground game.

the games 1v1 balance is horrendous always has been even before dbog existed. Classes completely counter each other to the point where you run into your counter class and they know what they are doing your class wont win.

due to the current balance

DBOG class system for 1v1 pvp is more like pokemon than a true competitive mmrpg competitive experience.

Yeah that's the way it will always be really. But even then even some fighting games are like that and at the end of the day this all for fun, for me atleast.

I wonder what would make sense for you. Maybe a class based on critical damage 1 shoot tanks? I know that a tank should not hit kill, but a class based on damage shouldn't hit kill a tank too. As well as SKs can equip yourself with anti critic, other classes can equip yourself properly for Bold Strike. And this must be until Daneos resolve to take this mistake of crit = win, stun = 50% win rate and balancing all classes.

Which MMOs have you played in which a class based on critical damage can kill a tank with only 1 hit? I'm really curious.

A crit/high dmg based SM one shotting a non buffed tank sure as hell makes more sense than a DoT tank that can one shot a sm with 2 different skills, bold, and hellzone gernade. Not to mention they got Curse and steal life 2 other OP skills. A sm shouldn't have to worry about dmg so much when facing a tank tho period. I am guessing you were referring to fighters tho. If so then I do agree with you a fighter which has good dodge shouldn't be one shotting an SK. What really needs to happen is a nerf on all 4 god classes of the game, Fighter Turtle Karma and SK it's just the best way to go or it will never be balanced.

Exactly! People who complain about Bold Strike are the same people who think they're going to be able to win any tournament just possessing one set gear. These same people should delve more in RPG concepts, or I suggest playing some other game that requires little or no strategy, as these recent games where the player spends most shooting, running and watching cutscenes.
    For the people who complain about Bold Strike and SKs in General, have you stopped to think about how many variations of sets a SK need to be great in PVP? If you don't know, he can't win Budokai with only one set gear as you may think.

lol no class can win late game solo budokai with only one set everyone knows that, you and iceman defend Bold strike like it actually makes sense, a tank shouldnt have the best DoT in the game period also way better than any DoT crane has, a class built for DoTs, theirs are just longer but alot weaker than bold. Also bleed is just half the problem of bold lol, it does lots of base dmg enough to 1 shot humans does it make any sense tanks 1 shotting? Also forgot to mention it has only 10 sec. CD... "But i wont be able to beat this class, I will suck in pve now wah wah wah" Is just noob talk.

To get a proper game going all we really need is a couple skill fixes, fix defense and dodge formula, TMQs 1 and 4, budokai, dojo wars, and scramble and make the games level cap 55.

1 wishable brown book is a great idea, most new players wont get a good build first try and you need to test skills to see which skills fits best with what your're trying to do especially with underplayed classes. Cashing for a skill reset is outdated anyway and it falls right in the P2W category and theres plenty of other things to buy to keep the server running.

pay-to-win Definition

Games that let you buy better gear or allow you to make better items then everyone else at a faster rate and then makes the game largely unbalanced

This doesn't apply to DBOG. Once Daneos removed the white U70 Stones

He's removing them from direct cash shop and adding them to wagu wagu machine which mark my words will ruin the economy even further. Also heard of dogi balls ? And also I show proof, farming sucks, by the 100+ hours you even get 200kk farming, it will be worth less than before and will only get you a couple good pieces of gear +0 with no zenni left to upgrade. And by your definition "games that will let you buy better gear or allow you to make better items at a faster rate" waguwagu machine for tons of zenni to buy the best gear, brown boxes to make good gear at a faster rate. Dbog is P2W period but again, idc cause imma support the game and donate, just want to tell the truth here. :D

1. Daneos isnt going to change anything major until after everything is fixed idk why we even have a suggestion section 2. This was a feature that was alteady in this game lol and no one liked it other than noobs 3. Dbo is a PvP based game, Proof ? Dojo, budokai, scamble, dbos biggest events are all pvp, so focusing on pvp is best. 4. If we let the majority of this forum decide things right now we would have Fighters with a 100% dodge and crit chance buff . Idk how Daneos plans on balancing shit but if he lets all of the forum to decide it will never be balanced and that was dbos biggest down fall, balance, ask anyone who played dbo and was a hardcore pvper they will tell you balance was the main thing they hated.

This is obviously P2W but I really don't care since I plan on cashing more in Open beta but I'd just like to give some honest truth here.

Seems like people on this thread think pay2win is buying cash and you win every duel, rank, budokai etc. When P2W is really when you save/make lots of in game currency to get things that help you a lot to "Win" or get exclusive cash shop items that give stats (Dogi balls). @Clyde You say Farm to buy cash shop points with zenni ? I farmed 80 Hours + while leveled I grinded from 65 to 70 and this is all I got

33 Stacks full stacks of 07 blue craft materials from breaking all my drops, and a u70 purple. (NOTE: I got to level 30 craft the Legit way ! Which cost me over 90kk !) To use all those Materials and craft I spent around 25kk, with the materials, the only thing I got worth selling was a max crit 27% P crit pole sitck which sold for 30kk which I got lucky with that sale btw cause its actually worth around 20kk lol, and 2 21% P Crit poles which sold 6kk each. Subtract the cost from what it took to make all that and the purple stone is 50kk profit . 80+ hours of farming for 50kk. 150 Cash goes for around 20kk. 100kk is nothing nowadays and cashers easily have around 200kk WITH great gears, around the the first month and a half everyone had around equal gears and pvp was all about skill now some have +0 weapons while others have +13. This is obviously P2W but I really don't care since I plan on cashing more in Open beta but I'd just like to give some honest truth here.

Oh gosh.. Can we stop with these balance/skill change threads? All I read is just garbage ass lvl 42 noobs wanting fighter to be easier/broken than they already are... This is why the lvl cap in open beta should be lvl 40/50/55 so the whole community can see how slowly with every lvl cap after 55 how dbo slowly became unbalanced and we can start using logic.

It's offensive but Daneos needs our honest opinion, if we just cheer him on and be a bunch of yes men this game will go no where. Yes, Pre-Open beta was meant for testing but most are playing it like it's open beta, why? Because we have been waiting for almost 3 years for this game to come back and we were let down badly by another project. Everyone's patience is dieing and it seems like Daneos wants every bit of everything fixed before going into Open beta. Not saying I want Open beta this second but i'm just stating truth.

That "nerf" is barely a nerf at all. 1. Crit rate is moved to STR, which btw Fighters get more of from their mastery and you still get STR from leveling so unless you have max DEX on top and boots and earrings.... You're not missing out on much crit rate all. 2. No good fighter stacked DEX for the sole purpose of crit rate, they stacked it to DODGE, that little bit of crit it added was just an added bonus. 3. Fighters need to be reworked in general, level 55 cap the main jobs a fighter had was to dodge and do good damage(1 job based on luck) and they didn't have thunder and they couldn't 1 shot because their needles gave bleed. Now their job is to dodge and crit... Since needles now give an added bonus when you crit. (2 jobs that are based on luck) AND they have thunder. a brain dead skill that takes no skill and gets you a free kill, and you wanna give DEX an extra boost cause they barely 1 shot less now? No they don't need it and the class as well as other classes need work. It seems like everyone just mains Fighter now so they can one shot everything and dodge everything, actually that all I hear fighters talk about when they speak of their class.

The damage boost will help to maintain aggro, cause when your turtle or crane is dumpstering the mobs with tribeam or kamehamehas and taunt is on CD you cant do your job in the mid and early levels as DW.

Dw's taunt is 18 sec CD and 11 sec duration.. You can easily just put on some decent CD earrings and use RP to bring the cd to 11. The whole point of DW is low dmg and high defense a dmg boost is just not needed..