Posts by Jo Li KMC

It would give you access to commands in case you needed to quickly swap to a certain class/level and test things that way. Up to you, the feedback is good either way.

Oh, I dunno if you wanna give me that kind of power. I mean, you know how it is~

But seriously, I'll give it some thought. That sounds like it might be interesting.

It's awesome to see a player putting so much thought into the game while playing it haha. My biggest problem is that I usually avoid those bugs as much as I can so that I eventually forget there was even a bug haha

You're a blessing to this community

Aww, thank you! ♥ I'm like this because I can't help myself, honestly. If something seems like it needs fixing or help, I gotta throw my two cents in. Heh heh.

Though, now that I've gotten to the Land of Korin, I'm getting a little lazier… particularly when it comes to "translation errors".

Would I be more useful on the Test Server…? I'm actually playing the game while I stumble over bugs, but if you want me to shift focus, I can do that. I have a habit of being over-enthusiastic when trying to help projects along… usually to a point where people tell me to get lost, ha hah.

On an unrelated note, I modified the original post with update… uh… dates and made sure to identify the latest bugs I've found~

Oh, also…

Also the "Go to Kokkara" quest teleport just makes sense.
    You would not want to walk 10 minutes after just starting a new game to get to your village.

It's a whole minute's walk from Adventurer YingYang – maybe two if your sense of direction is bad. Plus, there's a waypoint leading right to it~

(Besides… walking from quest hub-to-quest hub is part of the MMORPG experience! Look at World of Wacraft and even EverQuest. :P)

Thanks for this comparison but sad news,

apparently they are gonna close the project. Yesterday came a post from one of the mods about the server state. Check out their Forum for more info I guess

…!! I killed Dragon Ball Online Zenkai. ;v;

(I'm kidding, but the timing is definitely a little spooky.)

It won't be that bad. Currently it's just wrapping in the middle of words, or when we specify line breaks in the translation files. We'll just give it some better word wrap logic, should be easy.

Oh, good, good… I hoped it wasn't as bad as I thought. I imagine it's a fairly low priority at this moment, though. I mean, the English game is playable and understandable, so. Heh.

Either way, I look forward to the future! 👍

Hello! Thank you for reading my post! I'm glad you guys found my analysis useful~ I don't know if there's any sort of contention between the two game versions or anything like that, so I was a little worried about posting something like this, but it doesn't seem like it upset anyone yet, so yay~!

It's interesting that the launcher is purposely "unsigned" as a precaution. I'm a person who takes those kinds of warnings seriously and virus scans files obsessively, so that's definitely appreciated! I doubted anything actually did have a virus, but yeah. Overly cautious~ I also didn't take into consideration that players might multi-box. So… yeah, maybe don't bother with that "close on launch" thing? Nice that there's a reason rather than it being an oversight, though!

Now, as for the line break thing… I'm honestly not sure how that sort of thing works, but I'm guessing it's based on the character set encoding? I don't know much about this sort of thing, but it seems like if you're just overwriting the Korean / Chinese / Japanese text with English without changing the encoding, then the game is going to keep encoding the text like it's Asian language, thus you get things like…

words bein

g cut off in

rather od

d places.

Most programs I've used which support other languages seem to figure it out easily enough: block characters wrap wherever there's space while Latin characters wrap by the blocks of letters with specific rules for… specific… characters– oh. Oh, I see what you mean. If the original client had absolutely no "behavioral language" for non-Asian languages, then it wouldn't have any idea what it's doing is "wrong". Oof. That's gonna be a pain to program in, huh?

Anyway, most of the stuff I brought up was in direct comparison to Zenkai, but as I also said, both teams have slightly different goal in minds. I'm just grateful that there's even one team working on this game for Latin-based languages – English, in particular! You guys – both teams – are absolutely doing Shin's work~!

Ha hah, I'm sorry.

This will very-likely be an ongoing sort of thread and some of these are probably already known. But, here goes~

That's it so far, but I'm sure I'll find more (waka waka~).

Thanks for reading!

Yep. It's one of these threads. I'm sure this hasn't been done to death, by now, ha hah.

Anyway. I've played a little bit of both of these projects and both of them are very impressive in their own ways. However, each of them also has their own flaws…

Dragon Ball Online Global / Revival

Overview:
    A nearly-complete experience that focuses on functionality over "flash", but still has a long way to go before it's "definitive".

Dragon Ball Online Zenkai

Overview:
    A very pretty and very professional-looking experience, but very much an ongoing effort which isn't for the impatient.

Honestly, I'd love to see these two versions of the game come together and make an ultimate version that's pretty, authentic, and lots of fun, but I understand that the founders of each project have their own differing priorities. For my (non-)money, though? I'm leaning toward Global as the version to play, right now because, despite the text formatting bugs and the somewhat annoying automated events and notifications, it really does feel more "finished" than Zenkai. That, and I'm a player who constantly needs to organize their inventory. So, you know, not being able to do that in Zenkai really kind of ruins things for me. Hee~

Thanks for reading!