Posts by TheOneWhoKnocks666

You should upgrade to Cat6 and get that extra bandwidth. Now days Cat6 isn't that expensive. Hell I got a bunch from our cable guys that were working down the street for free. I just asked. :)
    You can pick it up cheap at like home depot by the foot if you have crimpers and ends. That's a you thing though. By the way, I have been out of the tech game for over 10 years. What is a "Netcode"?

I don't know why but some of my skills constantly keep missing. (wolf fang fist) is the big one. Even if I stun a target it still misses. Not sure why this is but The ratio I have is about (1:3) (Hit:Miss) so for every one hit I get I miss 2-3 times before I get another hit with that skill. I am using the gear from the dragon ball wish that is for the M.A. class (P) physical.

Any Ideas?

RagingGoliath "Sometimes after Energy Barrage or Stronger Energy Barrage" Sounds like your problem might be gfx related. Try turning down your graphics and see if that helps. Gfx lag happens a lot with particle effects like fire or high intensity lighting.

"In most cases, because the closer the camera is to a particle effect, the bigger it is on-screen, and the more pixels must be drawn. Large-area particle effects can have a much higher rendering cost than other graphics because of overdraw and transparency: a typical effect such as smoke or fire is rendered with many overlapping polygons, all with alpha (partial transparency), in order to achieve a dense, complex, convincing real-world look. This means that every screen pixel in the effect is written to multiple times; and each write involves alpha, which requires reading the screen pixel first, combining it with the effect texture, and writing it back.

Compare that to the rendering of solid geometry, such as characters, terrain, or buildings: Most times this involves almost no overdraw, (each screen pixel is drawn to maybe once or twice), because the engine performs Z-buffering and sorting. Furthermore, most of these textures are solid, without transparency, and so can be just written to the screen without reading it first.

So, typically, each pixel of a particle effect is several times more expensive than each pixel of solid geometry. And when the effects get close, they of course take up more screen space, sometimes filling the entire screen.

Of course, that's just the kind of graphics challenge that a good game engine will optimize for -- but not all of them do because effects in a real-time 3D game are often unpredictable -- multiple explosions can occur at once, all near the viewer -- proper optimization involves detecting such situations, and reducing the size or amount of overdraw, in order to reduce the total number of particle pixels written; ideally, in a way that the player doesn't really notice, and without abrupt transitions."
    ~

J Scott Peter

video game programmer; physics, philosophy, and linguistics geek

Verdant If you don't mind, what are the server specs and what kind of connection do you have? There may be peak hours where the load on the server is just too demanding. Do you use Cat5e or Cat6 ethernet cable or is the server on a wireless connection? If it is wireless I recommend switching to hard line. Also If using Cat5e cable it only holds a load of like 100mb/s. The new Cat6 cable can go much faster. I have 400mb/s on Cat6.

"The main difference between Cat 5e and Cat 6 cables is the speed and bandwidth they can handle. Cat 5e cables can support up to 1 Gigabit per second (Gbps) of data transfer at a maximum frequency of 100 MHz. Cat 6 cables can support up to 10 Gbps of data transfer at a maximum frequency of 250 MHz." ~linkedin

I also get random lag spikes/disconnects but not that frequent. It acts like a server side lag spike some times followed by a crash and restart of the game. I can confirm it is server side because I was playing with someone and we both got DC'ed. For me it's once every few hours like 1-3. Not sure why this is happening. Maybe I just play to long. lol :P

Not dragon ball related but I was messing with filters and came up with this. Thought it was cool.
    2MQiWg0.png
    I like the ripple effect... looks like heat.
    It was not easy. I had to use a burst particle filter then a filter to expand and thin the particles and thin them till it looked like smoke/heat.

lVnX9X1.png
    I don't know why but when I save as PNG It boxes and cuts out the glow on my logo. I haven't figured it out yet. Also the "Revival" Is my try at textured text. Still trying to figure out how to smooth it out with effects.

Ok... So yeah... My post has been pushed to the second page by spam. So once again I would like to offer my services by helping delete a lot of these spam ads. I don't want any other privileges then that. Just want to help. It would bring in more users If there were less spam. I know it's not going to stop them but It's better then nothing and from all the spam you could use the help. I don't want pay or anything. No special treatment. I just want to help moderate the forums and make it a better place. We can figure out how to IP ban them later, but if they use a VPN IP bans are kind of pointless.

IgOeCIV.jpg

Let's say you crash during a hand in. Let's say by some chance when you log back in the reward item or needed quest item is not to be found. You finished the quest but now you are stuck because you can't restart it. That would be a missing or vanished item. I was over looking another post about a missing item. This was my thought.

Well... I have created website art in the past. So if you are looking for a guy that's handy with photoshop and gimp.... You guys can hit me up. These are from my collection.F3nLzLQ.jpg

Kjqkofa.jpg
    hDBtQ5y.jpg
    0aHoVok.jpg
    ezoiLyk.jpg