Posts by KD Dark

Hey guys,

There's not much you can do as players for this, with this old turnkey software. I'm giving more staff members the ability to delete posts en masse, but it's been a problem for a while. Each time they use a different IP and different keywords. Previously I've locked the forum down to require admin approval for registrations, but that seems to annoy the players too much. When we rebuild the site with the new forum we'll have stronger tools to fight this sort of thing. I'll look and see if there's anything more I can do with this forum!

Thanks for the info!

Hopefully this is enough info.

Crashed right after stopping my fast flight and switching to slow fly by pressing S, I also was switching zones from Papaya Swamp into Tattered Hotel

This happened at about 4:53PM Central Time

Whenever I crash or disconnect from flying now. It feels like it happens right when I'm stopping flying or landing. It seems to happen pretty random.

Hey Ghostceous,

Welcome, and have fun! Please be careful about posting too much personal information online. I've edited the personal info out of your post.

should my post commenting about stuff be removed? That's a little sad but if so please remove it!

oh ok good too know. yeah have 2level70 chars and i never drop a u70. but I will try more thx.

I'm not sure if high levels help it drop more. But on the south island farming zombies I've had 2 weapons u70 and 2 armor u70 drop in 3 or so days.

I never played the old game, so I'd love to hear a long-time player's answer. But it seems like it's to make it more streamlined but still cost Zeni or time?

I've been mostly told I can ignore crafting since a few friends are already master crafting.

Hey guys! I saw Verdant in-game asking some questions about people crashing or DC'ing.

I only have random crashes or DCs when flying and at World Boss so both of those are known.

But he said if you have other disconnection issues take a few notes.

1.) When and where it happens (your time zone and in-game location, so they can try to check the logs)

2.) The steps you take to reproduce it (what you do in-game that makes it happen, so they can reproduce it)

I believe he said to report it in either Discord or the Tech Support Page forum page.

Hope people are able to figure out the bugs!

Are there any other fixes for this? I've been doing this for the past week and it hasn't worked for me a single time.

You might double-check your sound settings on the computer and make sure they are all correct. But the only way I've seen anyone fix the in-game sound missing issue is.

After opening the game and fully logging into a character, you log out back to the character select screen and log right back in and you'll have full audio.

But if the game closes or crashes you have to do it again. Hope that helps!

Yes, thank you, now it works, but it crushes very often, with an error with tons of question marks... maybe i need to install it again from the start

Sadly that happens to a lot of us right now but Verdant and the DBOG team are working on it! Verdant mentioned some tips in another post that might help crash less.

Sorry if I sound naive! But as a new player maybe my 2 cents can help, I personally find some bits overcomplicated. I was told that to start PvP/PvE, I need a full set of level 70 +15 gear and weapons, which makes sense. However, the complexity of PvP, with various healing items and multiple gear sets, feels excessive and seems to annoy even the most geared and experienced players.

Having a more streamlined approach, like limiting gear swapping and healing consumables, might make PvP more enjoyable?

While having end-game consumables can be great so end-game players still have something to buy/sell that's useful. It sounds like the current items give a more annoyed feel than outplayed feel.

I think systems like Runescape's prayer + potions + food system or SWG's foodstuffs + doctor and entertainer buffs system are great examples. Both systems still have depth in how weapons or armor are made and can be stronger but most of the buffing and items are prepped and used ahead of combat. With the only active bits I remember being prayer swapping in RS and using damage mitigation food in SWG but both of those had limited uses per combat.