The harder the enemy, the less xp you get?

• Me and a friend were in a party the other day and it seemed like the higher level enemies we fought (we were beating up level 20s at level 4-8) kept giving lower and lower exp. Just seems if an enemy is a higher level and harder you should get more exp than killing a level 5 grunt. We would get around 50 xp for killing low level enemies and 13 xp for killing level 20 enemies. Doesn't make sense. Is it a bug or some weird ass design choice? There just seems to be no point in forming a party with things this way. Any insight?

• It's a sensible measure put in place to stop a lvl 70 character boosting a new player up by putting them into a party and killing very high level mobs for them. I think the best you can get is killing mobs 5 levels higher than you but then it starts to decrease again.

I for one like this as it stops people leveling very fast due to getting help from very high levels.

Oh also if you're in a party the EXP from each mob is distributed evenly between players. if you would get 100 EXP from a mob solo you instead would each get 50 as you could kill it twice as fast or 2 at the same speed each.

• I hear ya there I haven't played too much yet (level 11) are there going to be places where a single enemy has at least a chance of whopping my ass though? Right now the only way I'm really dying is by aggro like 5-8 monsters together. 1on1 everything is just getting raped with my masenko. Not trying to cheat just more or less looking for a challenge without cheaply using aggro.

• I hear ya there I haven't played too much yet (level 11) are there going to be places where a single enemy has at least a chance of whopping my ass though? Right now the only way I'm really dying is by aggro like 5-8 monsters together. 1on1 everything is just getting raped with my masenko. Not trying to cheat just more or less looking for a challenge without cheaply using aggro.

Don't you worry. everywhere will show you some sort of challenge :)

And you'll soon discover the joys of rounding up a few mobs and killing them all with an AoE move and hearing that sweet "dingdingdingding" where your EXP bar get's them all at once :)

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • xD
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • D:
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • <3
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • =O
    • :!:
    • :?:
    The maximum number of attachments: 10
    Maximum File Size: 1 MB
    Allowed extensions: bmp, gif, jpeg, jpg, pdf, png, txt, zip

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!