Flight bug?

• I know there is several threads about being stuck while flying, but they don't seem to explain the particular bug I experienced just now.

While flying I went to an area for a quest I was working on and the monsters on the ground were able to attack me regardless of how high up I flew or how far away, even when I was well away from the area where they were I was still being hit by them. After a minute or two of this the character just got completely stuck in the air while the monsters that were at this point nowhere around me were still showing as hitting me and this continued until I died. After respawning my character was still showing as flying and still stuck.

I did resolve it by logging out and in, but I was wondering what the deal was with this? Or if anyone else had ever encountered this or could explain it to me? I thought maybe it had something to do with lag at first but I haven't been lagging or having any type of lag issues today and the game doesn't seem to be lagging at all.

• That was the main issue with flying back in the Development server (When only founders could play).
    You would fly, and suddenly mobs follow you even though you are 50+ meters away from them! Some would even attack you and drop you out of the sky.
    I don't know if you struck a cord or something, but this shouldn't happen anymore. Flight was fixed. Maybe the game (for some reason) didn't update it self or something and when you exited, it reset?

• I thought it was fixed too that's part of the reason I don't understand why I experienced this now. Nothing dropped me out of the sky though but rather the opposite of just getting stuck there. I couldn't log out either while this was occurring so the only thing you could really do was wait until they killed you. I use the game on a daily basis though so I figured it would be completely updated. Also if it matters at all, I didn't completely exit the game to fix the stuck part just logged out to character selection and back in again.

Edit - I think I may go back to the area I had this happen in and see if it will happen again.

Edit #2 - I went back to the area and it only happened this time when I would fly and get low to the ground, at which point that would knock me out of flight but it didn't get me stuck this time.

• Well, It was probably a weird 1 timer?
    Sometimes these weird things happen.

For example, I used SK's paralysis on a boss...and the boss just never gave a crap xD
    They didn't get shocked, the icon was above their head, but they just moved back and forth. Not only that, the skill never finished cooling down xD
    I had to leave and get back in to fix!

• While flying I went to an area for a quest I was working on and the monsters on the ground were able to attack me regardless of how high up I flew or how far away, even when I was well away from the area where they were I was still being hit by them

What map were you on? I had this happen in Fearland. I was flying around to all of the revealers to clear the map, was on my way to the 3rd one. I was taking damage while flying, it didn't knock me down, I was so high that I could hardly see the ground. I took a pill and went back to the dock where you enter the map and landed. It hasn't happened since.

• What map were you on? I had this happen in Fearland. I was flying around to all of the revealers to clear the map, was on my way to the 3rd one. I was taking damage while flying, it didn't knock me down, I was so high that I could hardly see the ground. I took a pill and went back to the dock where you enter the map and landed. It hasn't happened since.

I was somewhere between Yahhoy Oil Field and Yongan on the Yahhoy West map when it happened. I couldn't get it to happen again though when I returned to the place.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • xD
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • D:
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • <3
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • =O
    • :!:
    • :?:
    The maximum number of attachments: 10
    Maximum File Size: 1 MB
    Allowed extensions: bmp, gif, jpeg, jpg, pdf, png, txt, zip

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!