Don't overemphasise translation

• Hi.

Years ago, I played a Dragonball game in a 99% foreign language. I just had this thought: to the staff, please try not to overemphasise how important translation is. At the end of the day, people just want to play the game. They want to play a Dragonball game, and this is an MMO. If you delay the stages of the game to push translation for the western audience you will never release the game.

Translation is important but not a vital element to the gameplay. It shouldn't dictate whether the game is "released" or not. Only bugs should do that.

• (NO HATE IN THIS REPLY....JUST FACTS :) )

The Translation team and the Development team are 2 different things.

Translation teams don't develop anything but the Different Languages his game can be played with.

The translation process is only "overemphasized" because so many people keep asking what quests ask for and that they won't play the game with TW as the main language.

Some people (Me for an example) don't really care about the translation because we played the game before for a long time and we know what everything does!

If you go to the translation thread, you'll realize that the translation process is going faster than the development process.

And let's be honest, saying that translation shouldn't indicate whether the game is released or not is like saying DEF shouldn't indicate if the game works or not. dboGLOBAL was started to show the game in the different languages provided, and I don't think the game will be provided as officially released until the game is fully translated :)

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!